Search results

1. K

Need help troubleshooting SONY CD changer

Does the CD drive use the laser to check whether a CD has been loaded? Before it spins up? If not, there must be some other sensor which detects the CD and allows the inventory to proceed. Has anyone successfully solved and fixed a non-rotating spindle motor? Thx,
  2. K

Need help troubleshooting SONY CD changer

I need some assistance troubleshooting a Denon CD changer DCM-444 (not SONY, my mistake). It's a changer which uses standard 6-disk cartridges. I am waiting for a service manual and schematic to arrive. The problem is that when a cartridge is inserted and it tries to inventory the six CD trays...
  3. K

SpeakerCraft S6VC Multi-Speaker Selector - Crosstalk?

I have a Speakercraft S6VC speaker selector - one stereo pair input, up to six speaker pairs output, individually selectable and with individual volume controls. I have not been able to locate a schematic. When I select (turn on) speaker pair 6, the left channel input signal also is enabled on...
  4. K

Hi! Any chance you have a user manual or operating manual for the JVC SEA-R7? Or have you...

Hi! Any chance you have a user manual or operating manual for the JVC SEA-R7? Or have you figured out how it works on yor own? Thanks, -stephen
  5. K

Micro-Acoustics FRM 1-ax

I had a pair of FRM-1As from 1976 to the late 90s. They served me well.Stereo 1990 Side 2048 by kstinmb posted Mar 3, 2018 at 1:21 PM
  6. Stereo 1990 Close 2048

Stereo 1990 Close 2048

1990 - Onkyo TX-4500 Receiver, JVC SEA-70 Equalizer, Revox B750 Amplifier, Revox B225 CD Player, Sony TC-K96R Cassette Deck, Kenwood System Timer, Dual 505-1 Turntable with Stanton Cartridge, Panasonic NTSC/PAL Dual-Format TV, two VHS video recorders, one NTSC, one PAL, MicroAcoustic FRM-1a Speakers
  7. K

1973 Micro Acoustic FRM-1 or 2 ????

I bought a pair of Microacoustic FRM-1a's in 1977 to replace my utilitarian Utah dorm speakers. I had just been promoted and rewarded myself with the speakers and an Onkyo TX-4500. Here's the same gear in 1990 when I had just moved back to the US from Germany.
  8. Stereo 1990 Side 2048

Stereo 1990 Side 2048

9. K

Onkyo TX-4500 Rebuild

I asked the seller on eBay and here's the response: "It is a Hex head like an Allen Wrench Years ago they used a flat tip slot style Not sure I ever saw a Philips style I bought what is called a jewelers screw driver kit...The small chrome plated ones in the plastic case... It came with allen...
  10. K

Onkyo TX-4500 Rebuild

Re: tuning knob set screw. The service manual says: But a 4mm hex driver won't even fit in the hole in the knob. I tried others, 3mm, 2.5, 2 and 1.5 with no success. There's a tuning knob up on the Bay, but the otherwise excellent photos don't show the set screw...
  11. K

Onkyo C-707CHX CD Changer - Drawer will not open - SOLVED

For several years I have been trying to trouble-shoot the Onkyo C-707CHX 3-disc changer. It is regularly offered on the Bay and elsewhere in seemingly good condition, except the drawer will not open. Motor and other noises can be heard, but it just won’t open. On a couple I found that the...
  12. K

Dim display - solution?

Thanks. I have a schematic and will see what I can find. Unfortunately, there seems to be no source for the replacement, except perhaps robbing an eBay unit which still has a good one. Thx, -stephen
  13. K

Dim display - solution?

I have a couple of Onkyo units with dim displays, as in this photo. Does this generally mean that the display board needs to be replaced? Or can it be caused by other components failing? Which? Thanks, -stephen
  14. K

So let's spiff up an Onkyo TX-4500 MKII receiver

I bought a new TX-4500 in 1977 when a pay-raise came through. It cost a pretty penny for a fresh 1st Lt in the Air Force. What sold me compared to the others in its price-range were: - three sets of speakers (even though it would only play A-B or A-C at a time) - three tape inputs (!) - I had...
Back
Top Bottom