Search results

1. A

Audiocontrol C-101 Series III

Maybe I will put in barter town and see if I could trade it in for a good working basic turntable. Thank You.
  2. A

No it doesn't.
  3. A

My friend gave me one of these equalizer and I will like to know if there is a market for it and how much one in great conditions with original operators manual may be worth. Thank You
  4. A

Headphone Amp question.

Hi All, I got my Senior Uncle a nice stereo receiver from BT a little while ago, he likes to listen to music through the headphones and he tripped on the wire and it seems he messed up the connector jack from the receiver and it doesn't play no more. I'm about 6 hours from him and I...
  5. A

Good bye,Relaximus

I got the pleasured of meeting Mr. Relaximus at his house in CT when I bought a pair of BA speakers from his, he invited me inside his beautiful home and I got to see a beautiful collection of Stereo Consoles that he restored himself. Nice charming person he was. Rest in Peace Mr. Relaximus.
  6. A

Help/ Where to buy Scott 340b- on/off slide power switch

Hi all, I want to take this opportunity to give thanks to our member ( Dadbar ) for supplying me with a sliding switch for my Scott 340B. It was a perfect fit and my 340B is back playing music and sounding great. Good Karma for him as he sent it to me at no cost including shipping. Thank you...
  7. A

My 340B switch is brown, I'll need one that match the original one, my knowledge to fix the old one or install anything else is null. I'm good at soldering and put it back the way is supposed to be.
  8. A

Can I dare to ask you if you could part with one switch? Please.
  9. A

If someone can tell me what slide switch I could use for my Scott 340B from this Electronic Store. I really want to fix and listen to my receiver. Your help is greatly appreciated. https://www.mouser.com/Electromechanical/Switches/Slide-Switches/_/N-5g2x?P=1z0z2qc
  10. A

Thank You s-petersen I just started a conversation.
  11. A

My Scott 340B on/off slide power switch is no good please can someone direct me where to get a new replacement or an old one in working order. Thank You
  12. A

Help in biasing output tubes (Scott 340B)

I took all the tubes from my good Scott 340b and installed them in the one with the bias problem all with the exception of the power tubes and tuner section. I'm still getting the same reading as before, the cathode voltage and current measurements did not change when I adjusted the the bias...
  13. A

Dave, I tried biasing the tubes by voltage as you suggested and I get 403mv in the left channel and 219mv in the right channel and no matter which way I adjusted the bias pots (low,middle or high) the numbers stays the same. I noticed when I increased the volume it has a hum in both channels...
  14. A

Thank you Dave for the input. I installed all the new Tung-Sols 7591a tubes that arrived today and proceed to warm up the receiver for 30 minutes. I set the digital multimeter to "DCA" 200m scale negative clip lead on the chassis and positive lead to the left channel cathode current point and...
  15. A

The only experience I have so far in biasing output tubes is that I had been able to do this procedure to a Bob Latino ST-120, Dynaco ST-70 and TAD's 1000 Monoblocks and was successful at it. I have a serviced Scott 340B done by Mike Urban and I just got me another Scott 340B from one of our...
  16. A

Help Tube Idiot, Please

You are getting a pretty looking and nice sounding amp. It's not even break-in yet, I got it on January 27 and less than 10 hours of playing. I was planning to get a quad of Mullard EL-34 from a friend here at AK. Having a few vintage receivers and amps I decided to sell the newest one to help...
  17. A

Santa - great tubes amp builder

I got me a stunning looking and awesome sounding Keggers KT-88 SE Amp from Santa (Glen). His building skills and quality parts are superb and he did a bomb proof packing job. Great guy to deal with. Thanks Angel
  18. A

Conflicting info: Marantz 2270 and AR3A's

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, the Marantz 2270 with all black speakers terminals is the early version and the one with the red and black is the latest version. I ran a pair of AR3a speakers with a 2270 without no issues for a long while. They made a wonderful combo.
  19. A

My first DIY built " Tannoy's K3838 15" Dual Concentric Speakers Cabinets"

Hi, It is Owen Corning 703 Fiberglass Insulation. I bought 6 sheets of 2" ( 24" x 48") for $65.00 not cheap. But it's very easy to cut because it is rigid, I cut the pieces with a steak knife. I wore a mask, gloves and long sleeves particles are itchy.
  20. A

My first DIY built " Tannoy's K3838 15" Dual Concentric Speakers Cabinets"

I have always been intrigue with Tannoy speakers and always wondered how they might sound, so I jumped on a set for sale here at BT by a super nice Lady known here as Tinkerbelle. I went to pick them up at her house not sure what to do with them yet because I was going to need some cabinets and...
  21. A

My Bob Latino ST-120 caught fire

I did the holy cross part because I don't know jack about servicing an amp and I was scared to cause more damage. I was thinking first to cross my fingers but the holy cross work. :naughty:
  22. A

Hi, I want to thanks everyone that replied to my thread with advice. I replaced the burn capacitor and the three other 100 ohm resistors with flameproof metal film resistors. I check all the connections leads and replaced both right channel KT-88 output tubes. After this steps I did the Holy...
  23. A

Thanks Guys for the replies. Since I'm good with a soldering iron I will replace the burn resistor and replace the right channel tubes with a match set of KT-88 output tubes that I have. Hope this will take care of the problem. Once again thanks for your help.
  24. A

Hi Guys, while listening to music through my CD player I heard a distortion coming from the speakers and the volume fading, I immediately got up from my chair thinking it was a bad CD but I smelled something burning and look at the amp and some smoke and a little flame coming out underneath the...
Back
Top Bottom