Search results

1. A

Audiocontrol C-101 Series III

My friend gave me one of these equalizer and I will like to know if there is a market for it and how much one in great conditions with original operators manual may be worth. Thank You
  2. A

Headphone Amp question.

Hi All, I got my Senior Uncle a nice stereo receiver from BT a little while ago, he likes to listen to music through the headphones and he tripped on the wire and it seems he messed up the connector jack from the receiver and it doesn't play no more. I'm about 6 hours from him and I...
  3. A

Help/ Where to buy Scott 340b- on/off slide power switch

My Scott 340B on/off slide power switch is no good please can someone direct me where to get a new replacement or an old one in working order. Thank You
  4. A

Help in biasing output tubes (Scott 340B)

The only experience I have so far in biasing output tubes is that I had been able to do this procedure to a Bob Latino ST-120, Dynaco ST-70 and TAD's 1000 Monoblocks and was successful at it. I have a serviced Scott 340B done by Mike Urban and I just got me another Scott 340B from one of our...
  5. A

Santa - great tubes amp builder

I got me a stunning looking and awesome sounding Keggers KT-88 SE Amp from Santa (Glen). His building skills and quality parts are superb and he did a bomb proof packing job. Great guy to deal with. Thanks Angel
  6. A

My first DIY built " Tannoy's K3838 15" Dual Concentric Speakers Cabinets"

I have always been intrigue with Tannoy speakers and always wondered how they might sound, so I jumped on a set for sale here at BT by a super nice Lady known here as Tinkerbelle. I went to pick them up at her house not sure what to do with them yet because I was going to need some cabinets and...
  7. A

My Bob Latino ST-120 caught fire

Hi Guys, while listening to music through my CD player I heard a distortion coming from the speakers and the volume fading, I immediately got up from my chair thinking it was a bad CD but I smelled something burning and look at the amp and some smoke and a little flame coming out underneath the...
  8. A

To Tinkerbelle...thanks, and thanks; and ever thanks

In the past few weeks I bought a Voice of Music Stereo Console and a pair of Humongous IMF RSPM MKIV speakers from Tinkerbelle. This has been one of my greatest buying experience. She's a wonderful person and has an extensive knowledge of stereo gear. Once again thank you for letting me come to...
  9. A

My DCM Time Windows Desecration

I have a mint pair of DCM Time Windows, including original boxes, that sounds very nice to my old ears, but with some types of music I heard the sound to be kind of congested. Since being a member of this forum I have learned how to restore and recap speakers. But to get to the crossovers on...
  10. A

Thank You...CT Jim

I got me a nice cassette deck at a bargain price from Jim. Bomb proof packaging. He is a super nice guy to deal with. Thanks Angel17
  11. A

I messed up my ST-70

Hi all, I'm very upset right now I just sold my ST-70 on BT and to get it ready for shipping I wanted to bias the tubes something that I had done many times before. I have my preamp on and the amp on with the volume off and the speakers connected. After I completed the biasing at 400 vdc I...
  12. A

Moebuster= A++++++++

Got me a super nice Dynaco St-70 from Keith and the transaction was very smooth. Will be happy to do business with you again. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif Thanks Angel
  13. A

Conrad Johnson ET3 simple question

I just acquired a CJ ET3 that by the way sounds very nice but it has a very bright yellow light that is on all the time in standby mode. I will only listen to this particular set-up about twice a week for an hour the most. Can I unplugged it to be off while not in use or it has to be on at all...
  14. A

preamp with high gain PHONO section question

Hi,All I purchased a Conrad Johnson ET3 preamp that I will hopefully receive soon. This is the high gain option which is recommended for cartridges with a rated output of 1.0 mV or less. Input resistive loading is switch selectable over a range from 47 kOhms down to 200 Ohms. I recently own...
  15. A

relaximus (Dave) super nice guy

One of my best buys ever. Thanks Dave one more time, beautiful speakers I got from you. ++++++++++++++++++Seller.
  16. A

Great preamp from two sevens (Evan)

I got me a nice looking and sounding preamp from two sevens. It was well pack and it arrived safely. Great guy to business with. ++++++++++++++++++++++
  17. A

TAD1000 monoblocks at home

I recently acquired a pair of TAD1000 monoblocks from one of our own here at Bartertown (cries55) AKA Chuck, I always wanted to drive my MG 12's speakers with tubes, I did it once with a Bob Latino St-120 amp, it sounded nice but not enough juice, as soon as the opportunity arrive without...
  18. A

Sansui 1000A tuner question

Hi All I have a nice restored Sansui 1000a which I only play at least once a month for about 2 hours, I listen to the Aux line as well as phono line but hardly never FM or AM radio stations, but today I noticed that the left channel plays OK and the right channel is barely audible when...
  19. A

Positive ++++++ Feedback for Cries55

I got me a super nice pair of TAD1000 tubes mono-blocks from Chuck (Cries55) they arrived safely into my hands, bomb proof packaging. Chuck was nice enough to guide me through the biasing of the power tubes. I thank you for that and it was a pleasure doing business with you. Peace
  20. A

Infinity RS-3a's Speakers in my House

I got me a nice pair of Infinity Rs3a speakers from one of our guys at the forum (wmgwizard) a few weeks ago, my friend drove for almost two hours to pick them up from NYC to New Jersey but it was worth the trip. They are a 9 from a 10, perfect cabinet conditions, grill cloths are intact, new...
  21. A

How good are the Infinity RS3a's Speakers?

I compromised to buy a pair in excellent conditions from a fellow Aker in New Jersey next Saturday. Haven't being able to find much information about how they sound. They will be my first pair ever of Infinity speakers, so O. K. give me your honest opinions good or bad.
  22. A

AR 3a Speakers question

I have 2 pairs of Ar3a speakers fully restored with the original drivers, one pair is in used but I will like to experiment with the other pair. Not that I want to take them out of their original form but I was reading Classicspeakers pages and read the following from two of the members. 1. A...
  23. A

Help with Scott 340-b

Hi Everyone My Scott 340-b which I have for about 5 years and was restored by a respectable tech and I listen once a week is having problems. When I tried to play a vinyl record only one channel is working, I tried a different turntable and invert the cables but same problem. FM radio and Aux...
  24. A

Why in Hell did I buy a Garrard zero 100

After all the horror stories I had read about this particular turntable you would think I'm crazy for buying it and that's not all I paid $300.00 for this one. Three reasons as to why I did it: 1. I fell in love with it's looks back in 1972 the first time I saw it at Lafayette Stereo at 45th...
  25. A

Beautiful Garrard Zero 100 from DcinDc

Thanks Dave. You really know how to package a turntable for shipping it was practically bomb proof. You really did a great job restoring this turntable is in immaculate condition and all functions are working properly. I will buy from you anytime. A++++++++++++++++++ Best Angel
Back
Top Bottom