Search results

1. emoxley

What is Exif?

I'm not calling you a liar! I posted the screenshots of our pics, to show what the EXIF Viewer is telling me. In your's it says "block". It also says "Unable to extract some or all of the EXIF data, which may have been removed from the image file". So, tell me how and why it shows all the EXIF...
  2. emoxley

What is Exif?

When people see a photo they really like, they're usually interested in the settings the person used to get that photo. With an EXIF Viewer, they can click on the photo, and immediately find out. This info could help them get better photos, if they're newbies to photography. Others, like to see...
  3. emoxley

Blocked EXIF data

In another thread, I said how pro photographers, and non-pros block their EXIF data, so you can't see their settings. Well I was called a liar by one guy: So, I decided to check the EXIF data of the people posting pictures here. Here is the results of my findings: People who have EXIF...
  4. emoxley

Front speakers to small or large with sub??

None.........that's why you set them to "small" and let the sub handle it. So, you're saying that Dolby Labs is wrong too?
  5. emoxley

photo assignments

The problem is that July 4th is one day. Not a month. About all July 4th pictures can be posted within 2-3 days, giving time for post processing (except for those on a vacation for a week, and out of town or country). Even on broader subjects, a month may be too long for most people? I don't...
  6. emoxley

Sorry, but that just isn't so. Use the sub for what it's meant to do. http://www.frugalhomeav.com/audio-tweaking-and-tuning-speaker-settings http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/articles/128214.html http://www.audyssey.com/blog/2009/05/small-vs-large/...
  7. emoxley

photo assignments

Here's some from our fireworks show that the mall puts on every year......... :)
  8. emoxley

Top 20 Photography Websites

:lmao::lmao: You got that right........
  9. emoxley

When using a sub, I'd set all speakers to small, no matter what size your speakers are. The large or small setting has nothing to do with the size of the speakers. It has to do with the signals being received.
  10. emoxley

Top 20 Photography Websites

I am a member and use some of those sites. They are pretty good. Some real good photographers at some of them. I don't like Popular Photography (popphoto) at all.
  11. emoxley

Nikon F3/T to D7000 move

You double checked and are sure? To set mine, I focused on sharp, crisp lettering on the spine of books. Are you using AF when it doesn't look sharp? Since you bought it used, it may be one that was having the back focusing problem that some had. There is an adjustment. It can be adjusted for...
  12. emoxley

Hdr?

I bought a matt cutter one time, years ago, right after I graduated from art school. It's not expensive. What's expensive is all the matt board you waste, trying to get a good clean, straight cut. I used a metal guide, but the blade in the cutter will tend to bend a little and steer you off...
  13. emoxley

Hdr?

I had one of my hummingbird pictures printed out to 12" x 18" (not HDR). I want to matt and frame it and hang it in our living room. It's just so expensive to matt and frame them. It's over $100 to have it done for that photo. I could cut 2" off the print, and get a stock 11" x 14" matt and...
  14. emoxley

Hdr?

Photoshop CS5 has HDR processing built-in. I'll try that on my next one. The shot below, I did with Photomatix. It gives several options or styles to choose from. I chose the "Grunge" look. Addylo isn't going to like this one.............. :) As long as I like it, right?
  15. emoxley

Post an image like the one above

Exactly how does that tie in with the picture above it? :)
  16. emoxley

Macro shots

Taken with my Tamron 90mm macro......... :) A Dandelion, up close.
  17. emoxley

Water huh?
  18. emoxley

As soon as I see a picture that I can tie into with one of mine, I will contribute...... :) I'm not as well traveled as some. Most of my pictures are from my yard or nearby. I can't afford to get out and go places anymore. I'd love to go to some national parks, or some states with great...
  19. emoxley

I, personally, don't think the last few pictures are following the thread game, or whatever you want to call it. The one's I've seen at other photo forums, something in the previous picture needs to be in the next picture, to tie them together. Re-read the example in my previous post ( at top of...
  20. emoxley

I've seen them too. I think it goes like this...... If there's a picture of a dog chasing a cat that runs under a parked car, the next picture can be of a dog, or a cat, or maybe a car. It just needs to relate to something in the previous photo. :) The pic above, with another shade of yellow...
  21. emoxley

Post your abstracts

I like the oil & water shots. I've done a few of those myself. What did you use underneath for the striped colors? Here's some of mine:
  22. emoxley

Free Macro Photography eBooks

I might have to check those out.......... thanks. :)
  23. emoxley

Post your photography!!

Was playing around with camera today.............. :)
  24. emoxley

Post your photography!!

I'm just the opposite of Tapehead. I don't like Flickr, and do like Photobucket a lot. Photobucket is free, with unlimited number of photos you can upload and store. It's easy to use also. Unlike Flickr, there's never a charge. It used to have a limit, but about a year ago, maybe less, it...
  25. emoxley

what makes you a photographer

To me, if you take photographs on a fairly regular basis, you're a photographer. Plain & simple. You may not be a good one, and you may not do it for a living, but you're still a photographer. To use someone else's analogy........ I've been to restaurants where the cook was bad, but he/she was...
Back
Top Bottom