Search results

1. treserious

whats up with this seeming snake oil?

Any truth to this stuff? they're talking cryogenics as one option and that screams snake oil to me... http://www.machmodified.com/slick-blue/ Opinions?
  2. treserious

The reason I havent been posting in the last year, 1975 honda cb400f

I haven't been posting in a long ass while, and the reason is I bought a bike, have been doing my safety courses, and have been learning to wrench on it. I pretty much sold off most of my audio gear, pared it down to one main system, and a receiver and some minimus 7 in the garage/shop. so...
  3. treserious

Anyone collect art on the cheap?

I have taken to picking up any interesting art at thrifts, yard sales, etc. I have amassed a bunch of wood block prints, steel plate prints, lithos, screen prints, oil, acrylics, etc. aside from my concert posters, most is mid century era. anyone else collect that sort of thing?
  4. treserious

Its been soo long...

since I have posted here. Looking back I sometimes cannot believe how much I used to post here. Kinda miss you guys. I've been quite a busy boy setting up my audio room, selling off excess gear to pay for a bike, practicing my woodworking, renovations, and just livin life with less...
  5. treserious

An experiment with wood scraps - headphone stand

I recently picked up some Black walnut very cheap. I had to resaw a bunch of boards today for a project, and ended up with a bunch of thin slivers roughly 1/8th thick. I resawed those to about 3/32" thick because one side was somewhat rough. they are just shy of an inch wide. so instead...
  6. treserious

Anyone here listen to old reggae?

Picked up a few LPS recently and am enjoying them quite a bit
  7. treserious

Rockwell/delta unisaw, anyone have one and restore it?

I just picked one up at auction for a song. Model 34-450. The motor is a 1.5 horse single phase dual power one (110/220v) I think I should change the arbor bearings and the belts. The arbor shaft was seized, but freed up with penetrating spray. It is noisy when spun by hand. The machine...
  8. treserious

crossover caps question

So, I'm sourcing parts for my ESS transtatic 1 speakers, and I have reached a minor quandary. It's been a while since I did a recap on speakers, you can stack caps right? okay, next quandary is which to go with and price. Solen at 151.52$, or Dayton at 114.80$. I used Solen last time, and...
  9. treserious

ESS Transtatic 1 speakers, Repairs possible? worth it?? HELP!

Hi Gang, I have a chance to grab a pair of these, As I mentioned in this thread I checked them out yesterday, and they need to be rescued, desperately. price for entry is not much of an issue, but the repair bill will be. they need mucho work. If I decide not to rebuild I can easily...
  10. treserious

Holiday reno project

I'm off for the holidays until the 3rd, so I decided to make good use of that time by redoing my stairwell to the basement. this started by me removing the paneling, and cedar shingles that were on the wall, and then trying to remove the stucco from the top end. this left me with some...
  11. treserious

ST-70 tested, and now to mod?

Put My newly Acquired ST-70 on the workbench today, along with several other projects. I depopulated all the tubes, then first thing I had to do was to replace the cut power cords, and borked power switch. Used my nibbler to make the hole bigger and put in a switch like you see on the back of...
  12. treserious

Awesome finds today9

Grabbed an onkyo A-5 integrated dynaco ST-70 Marantz 2325 got me some testing to do.
  13. treserious

Repairing CD players, Arcam cd93, Rotel rcd-1072

Hi, I have a Rotel RCD-1072 that has recently started to have issues reading discs, and skipping on tracks. I tried cleaning the Laser, but that did not help. Any suggestions? Also just received a defective Arcam CD73 with "no disc" error constantly popping up. looking on the tubes suggests...
  14. treserious

New toys!!! :))

Picked up some new toys this last week. AKG K240DF, these are by far the best version of this can Kef Calinda Mission M34i SAE Mark IV DM Currently breaking in the missions which are right out of the factory. Got em "damaged discount". the cabs have a few dings in 'em due to shipping...
  15. treserious

best teak oil?

so many of the teak oils on the market are blends of boiled linseed, tung oil, linseed oil and drying agents, waxes, varnishes, etc. I am looking for a pure natural teak oil. I have tried minwax, circa 1850, watco, and a vintage can of "sheffield teak oil" i picked up at an estate sale...
  16. treserious

Just trying out a CM labs CM300 pre

A fellow vintage nut passed me a CM300 pre he wasn't using to try out. so far, so good. Its fairly neutral, although a bit heavy on the low end. very very clean and does a good job. best pre I have heard in my rig yet. a couple of caveats; -its not the prettiest thing -the IC plugs on the...
  17. treserious

quad 50e wiring diagrams for the output and input connectors

hi, Picked up a pair of these recently, and need the wiring diagram for the output and input connectors on the back. anyone have such diagrams? or have these in use where you can pull off the connector covers and snap a few pics for me? the manual on hifi engine has the output diagrams...
  18. treserious

how to solder, in comic form

found this on the web today. http://mightyohm.com/files/soldercomic/FullSolderComic_EN.pdf
  19. treserious

I am really hating on home depot right now....

they discontinued carrying Howard's restor-a-finish, and all Howard's products. they don't even carry teak oil anymore.... ticks me right off. get a product somewhere for years, and then wham, it's gone because head office decided that the 4 square feet of shelf space is more valuable to...
  20. treserious

Bang & Olufsen cx-50, weird finish issues.

Anyone have these in black? notice any odd finish issues? I picked a pair of these up, very dirty looking sticky, and scratched up, but figured I could clean em up. started to clean them, and saw lots of black coming off. when I say lots, it was like shoe polish. so I went with it, pulled out...
  21. treserious

Sad day. klipsch Belle speakers, toast.....

Hi, picked up a pair of Belles today for chump change at a local recycler. long story short, cabs are a little beat woofers are blown, and one tweeter is toast. I'm only in for 2 bills, so a bit disappointed, but not hurting. does klipsch still offer recone w/VC kits for the K33E drivers? I...
  22. treserious

DIY wireless radio

This is a cool project. http://mightyohm.com/blog/2008/10/building-a-wifi-radio-part-1-introduction/
  23. treserious

this non powered table saw is simply amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ruwZdaPjbs&feature=player_embedded#! but it will cost you serious dough
  24. treserious

dang it, winter is here.

My lawn was slightly frozen but green 2 days ago, now I have over a foot of snow. apparently this winter is going to be a doozie with snowfall. sigh.
  25. treserious

Picked up a pair of NIB mission m60i today

for a ridiculous 2 digit price. how did I do?
Back
Top Bottom