Search results

1. liteagilis

Chasing a hum

I have a set of linkwitz orions. They buzz something vicious At first I thought it was the amp. Maybe it needs new filter caps. I dunno. I changed the amp. Buzz still vicious. If I turn everything on at once I get buzz the second the amp is on and some woofer pulsing as my tube...
  2. liteagilis

Battery Power

Apparently behind the times, I didn’t know that, thanks for your help
  3. liteagilis

Battery Power

This has been my understanding too which led to me asking this question. Red wine gear has some of the ‘blackest’ background I’ve ever heard. Honorable mention to when that company nuforce tried to make high end digital amps and preamps.
  4. liteagilis

Battery Power

Definitley only a few mA. I think a battery of 16 D's is quoted at something like 250 hours of run time. I am a serial putzer so this doesnt seem like the worst solution.
  5. liteagilis

Battery Power

Havent as of yet
  6. liteagilis

Battery Power

Hi friends. I just ordered a boozhound phono stage that runs on 24ish volts. I have read a few places that these sound better on battery power than wall power although I have yet to test that myself. I have previously used the small hagerman and found that that quality of wall wart mattered...
  7. liteagilis

Bottlehead tube preamps?

I have one of these Only one input. Two excellent volume pots. And good but not outrageous caps and it kicks the snot out of every used sub-$1000 tube pres I’ve had (I think there have been 4 others—a CJ, a TAD, a Quicksilver, a dynaco)
  8. liteagilis

Seduced by Chi-Fi. Enabled by two glasses of wine

First. Nice grabbing an old thread. Second. Let’s just agree to disagree. It’s not ‘genetically driven appearance’. Feel free to read the actual law that passed in the state of Massachusetts as it’s a public document and access is available to all. Next time i need someone to bemoan...
  9. liteagilis

Seduced by Chi-Fi. Enabled by two glasses of wine

These seem to be really polarizing. I’ve heard two ppl go on strong rants about how bad they sound. And I’ve heard plenty of ppl say how good they sound. I like the Dave Manley designed VTL’s a lot. I had a stereo 75/75 and thought it was a great rock amp. I ended up buying a pair of...
  10. liteagilis

Triage of Woofer Problems

I’m not. Will try that tomorrow night when I get home from work
  11. liteagilis

So i cant find my meter but I pulled the woofers and this is what I see. Despite having mounts for 8 screws per woofer theyre being held in w 4 ea drywall screws Pulling the woofers the mid/tweet have a very complex crossover in the cabinet w the upper woofer w very nice coils and a lot of...
  12. liteagilis

What steps do you take. Backstory: I just came into some Alon Lotus Elites with very low woofer output. Theyve been refoamed. (professionally, allegedly, although based on the way they were glued I'd argue I'm a hack and do better work). There is no physical damage i can find. No apparent...
  13. liteagilis

ADS L710 - Which Should I Pick Up?

If we are just voting based on personal preference: Round corners and metal grills. Look better to my eye. However, more importantly you said that pair are in better shape. Also. Do bring your phone w you and plug them in to make sure all the drivers work and have proper output. Driver...
  14. liteagilis

Are the new JBL L100 really that good/worth $4k?

Isn't this the same with all audio gear. Or most 'possessions'. Some people probably love their poorly made, very light, carver tube amps that are currently being flamed in a thread on the Tube page right now (and on ASR for that matter). Some people love 1980's jaguars even though they are...
  15. liteagilis

DBX BX-1.. anyone??,,,,, bueller?

know this is long old, but did you ever get this thing firing//enjoy it. I've been casually looking for a more mega amp than my aragon 8008 (although I am not really sure why) and this totally fits the bill as i like heavy metal boxes and not digital amps, etc.
  16. liteagilis

A/B replacement K77 diaphragms

This is a really awesome response and insightful
  17. liteagilis

I don't think so. I believe they're different. The K77s I have are rebadged electrovoice t35's w the round magnet
  18. liteagilis

Any Experience w Ebayer 'hifiaudio-' Need volume pot for HK A300

I love that this fourteen month old thread came back to life. I’m not into shaming this guy on eBay (who might be a nice guy or a total bag of crap) but I much prefer that this community is protecting each other. Keep it up
  19. liteagilis

I thought those weren’t for round magnet k77’s ??
  20. liteagilis

Thanks for this. Very helpful
  21. liteagilis

Vintage speakers that have a lot of bass?

I’d vote for the infinity quantum line. Even the three pounds
  22. liteagilis

Cobbled together some Super Heresy’s

I wanted to resurrect this bc I love reading about all that can be done to the heresy cabinet. I picked up a set last week—only my second set of klipsch (kg4’s)—I’m going to refinish them for a friend I’ve spent a lot of time the last week on the klipsch forum (although it seems to be down...
  23. liteagilis

KG-4 crossover swap question

I may have misread his original post. I read it as ‘I got a hand-me-down crossover that was untested’ but maybe he meant he got the upgraded one ?? I know of three different pairs of kg4’s that arrived w dead tweeters bc of failed caps and I only know five different pairs of kg4’s. One of the...
  24. liteagilis

Has anyone A/B'd the simply speakers k77 diaphragms against replacement klipsch, originals or the crites diaphragms. I got some fairly cheap Heresy's. I ordered new caps for the crossover as two of the four 2uF show minor leakage. Both tweeters work but even I can hear them rolloff past 10k...
  25. liteagilis

Any Experience w Ebayer 'hifiaudio-' Need volume pot for HK A300

Sorry to hear that. That sucks. Depending on what it is maybe he’ll refund you and you can reach out to Craig at NOSvalves or Jim McShane.
Back
Top Bottom