Search results

1. Thom 2230

Transmission Line DIYers. Advice needed.

Transmission Line DIYers. Advice needed. I have been working with a pair of Voice of Music model 38’s a year now and have been pondering a modification upgrade. The bass exits the rear of these little 12”X12”X18” boxes through a 51/2”square tunnel. In the sound”s journey it goes through 10...
  2. Thom 2230

Transmission Line DIYers.

Transmission Line DIYers. Advice needed. I have been working with a pair of Voice of Music model 38’s a year now and have been pondering a modification upgrade. The bass exits the rear of these little12”X12”X18” boxes through a 51/2”square tunnel. In the sound”s journey it goes through 10...
  3. Thom 2230

Voice of Music #38 transmision line tweaks

Transmission Line speaker tweaking help needed! Hello all, A several months back I posted questions about a pair of Voice of Music 38 speakers. (check out VM mid-century mystery in speaker forum) Since then I have been trying to learn what I can about transmission line speakers and...
  4. Thom 2230

How can a tweeter be tempered?

Over the past several months I have been experimenting with improvements to an old pair of University S-80 speakers. Changes have been basic, and I have done work to one speaker then compared with unmodified one then leap frogging changes. Work done to date: New caps - Bed liner applied to...
  5. Thom 2230

VM mid-century mystery

I picked up a pair of VM (Voice of Music) #38 speakers this week because the asymmetry in design really intrigued me. They sparked my curiosity, and didn't hurt the bank acc. I have searched the net and to date have not even found them pictured. They are relatively small, a foot wide, a foot...
  6. Thom 2230

Cartridge quandaries....

Hey All, It has been quite a while sense I've checked in. I have slowly been acquiring parts to up grade the arm on the Walker CJ 58 turntable. I'm taking a quantum leap up to a Luxman TA 1. I have a Shure V15 III cartridge I had been planning to use, but needs a new stylus. And this is where...
  7. Thom 2230

Sources for speaker schematics (HB1)....

Good morning all. I hope this day finds everyone healthy! I want to re cap a pair of Heybrook HB1's. I have not had any luck finding a schematic. I'm probably looking in the wrong places. Any suggestions? Also in my search I have found HB1's went through different series - Series I, series II...
  8. Thom 2230

Luxman TA 1 - Whats to be done first?

On a whim I recently purchased a Luxman TA 1 (anyone else out there do foolish things like this?). When it arrived from Japan it was not in the best of shape. The bearings were VERY stiff to the point I thought it would have to be junked out for parts. On top of that, the headshell had taken a...
  9. Thom 2230

More Walker CJ58 issues.....RPMs this time around!

The surface of the nylon drive pulley on my Walker CJ 58 is very smooth and slick. Belt spillage is a problem. I have tried four belts on the machine, starting with the size prescribed for the 58 and three successive sizes smaller. Only the smallest diameter belt will get the platter up to...
  10. Thom 2230

JC Walker Turntable group

Lovers of Walker Turntables should come together to have a place to share rebuilds learn from each other and promote these neglected machines. Craig and his wife Janet had a novel idea for reducing resonance in their turntables making them solely from wood and wood products. Sadly the advent of...
  11. Thom 2230

"The case of the mysteriously reversing turntable"

OK here is the scoop guys - I rebuilt a Walker 58 TT. I have been having fun with it for a couple of weeks with no issues. Two days ago when turning on the motor it occasionally will start running counter clock wise. By turning it off and then on again most times it rights itself. What are your...
  12. Thom 2230

New case on the 400!

I finished a new mahogany case for the 400! I'm loved it!
  13. Thom 2230

I got the Walker 58 RPM blues!

As some of you might know I recently purchased a Walker 58 turntable it has turned out to be a really beautiful machine. However, when it arrived it was pretty much a basket case. (gota love Ebay) And lets just say I learned a lot in the rebuild.... But the final issue is I can't get above 31.56...
  14. Thom 2230

Turntable recomendations?

Good evening all, I see a lot of similar injuries in this category. I want to listen to vinyl again after a very long hiatus. Looking at used machinery out there there simply too many choices. I've narrowed the field to two thus far. First, any of the ERA tables. I remember reading about these...
  15. Thom 2230

400 Center channel questions

Last week I added an amplified center channel bass speaker to the 400 using the RCA jack on the back of the unit. The results are mixed. Blues and R + R in is a good addition, only at very low volume levels. Vocal jazz the added bass is a distraction. All this started me wondering what signal is...
  16. Thom 2230

Fisher 400 rebuild

Fisher 400 rebuild and related topics.
Back
Top Bottom