Search results

1. F

NAD moving away from Class AB Amps?

Apparently this is the case. Their C328 page says "Since moving away from old-fashioned linear power supplies and Class AB output stages, NAD has developed even better performing circuits based on switch mode power supplies and Class D output stages." And, Crutchfield says that the C326BEE Class...
  2. F

Cheap vs. Quality Amplifier Designs

I'm trying to learn about amplifiers and what makes a quality amp vs. a low-quality amp. I've got a 15 year old "mid-fi" Sony receiver (STR-DE305) - a typical 100wpc BestBuy unit that any true audiophile would scoff at. Now, I want to learn why this is a "mid-fi" - what is it about the design...
  3. F

NAD 316BEE vs. 326BEE

I am looking at both of these amps. I have Klipsch Heresy III speakers with 99dB sensitivities, so the greater power of the 326 is not necessarily required. I also don't think I need the extra features of the 326. All I need is two aux inputs, no phono, etc. I downloaded the service manuals...
  4. F

Heresy IIIs and NAD 316BEE v2?

Looking to pair these two up. I'm currently driving the Heresies with a pedestrian Sony 100wpc receiver and experiencing the (expected) harsh mids and highs. No warmth, so I'm looking for an integrated amp that will help. Do you think the NAD 316BEE will show an improvement worth the money...
  5. F

Amp for Heresys

Here's the situation: I have Heresys and I want more warmth. Although I do love them.... SET amps sound very interesting - but the cost and the complexity...oh yeah, and the cost...are scary. I have a system that includes a 1990s Sony SS receiver (I know).I want something that is reasonably...
  6. F

Heresy and Boosting Bass

Everyone knows about the Heresy bass limitation. The general answer is - add a subwoofer if you're not satisfied. So I have a cheap transistor Sony receiver. Like a lot of lower-end Sony stuff it has a "bass boost" button which - according to the manual - provides a +10dB boost at 70Hz. I keep...
  7. F

Heresy Veneer Scratches

I am loving my Heresy IIIs, but man the beautiful Cherry veneer is a scratch magnet. I already have a few scuffs and scratches. I saw something I thought was dirt and rubbed it with my finger, and my nail (which isn't even sharp) accidentally dragged along and created a long scratch. It seems...
  8. F

Sonus Faber Amati Futura

Met some new people in a nearby block party. Got invited into one of the homes to check out their remodel (they have the same house model and plan). Noticed his speakers and sound system, and he was glad to give me a demo, along with a glass of Bordeaux from Pomerol. The speakers were Sonus...
  9. F

Heresy Price Increase?

Did the brand-new Heresy III price just increase from $850 to $1000?
  10. F

Heresy III Banana Connection?

I am finally getting around to wiring banana plugs for the Heresy. How do I access the banana terminals on the speaker? It looks like it has a plastic cap covering the socket, but I can't find any way to pop the cap off, because even with the knob turned all the way down, the cap doesn't clear...
  11. F

Consecutive Serial Numbers

Can someone explain why consecutive serial numbers are important when buying a pair?
  12. F

Heresy III Grille Removal

How do you remove the grilles on the Heresy III? There doesn't seem to be a convenient edge to pull from. I don't want to damage the grilles - are they attached with velcro, or a plug in a socket (whatever it's called), or magnets? Also, where do you plug banana plugs? It doesn't appear to...
  13. F

Heresy III On Order

Hi all, new to the forum, and new to Klipsch ownership. Ordered a Heresy III in cherry. I'm told it's 4-8 weeks until delivery. I wanted something more vintage than the tall skinny black lacquer towers and metallic cones of today and the Heresy just seemed perfect. These will be replacing...
Back
Top Bottom