Search results

1. F

Disassembling New Large Advent (NLA) Tweeter - Round 2

Tinsel leads on both tweeters were burnt , one I could reattach without removing the donut , the other tweeters leads were burnt off beneath the donut , removed the donut , attached leads and glued the donut back in place both tweeters output was equally low , figured something was burnt ...
  2. F

LEDs running on AC

for comparison the Fisher 332 in post #22 has stock lighting and here's a pic of a 404 receiver with stock lighting also (one meter lamp out , its getting a led conversion someday soon too)
  3. F

LEDs running on AC

I used ultra bright white for dial and meter lamps and ultra bright orange and red for the function lamps , all in all I think it turned out very nice , been going on 3 years now and this receiver gets pretty regular use , all leds holding out fine . currently set up with a Fisher 332 doing...
  4. F

LEDs running on AC

and here's what I did with the function lights . used a bright orange for the SQ decoder light and a bright red for stereo beacon light , both of these lens ground flat and needed black sharpie treatment also (too bright as you can see in post 20) these were running at 23 volt dc so only needed...
  5. F

LEDs running on AC

turned out a little bright as you cane see in this pic . a little bit of black sharpie on the flat face of front led took care of that , turned out nice and even and no flicker with leds running on ac in reverse polarity (like Mike had commented)
  6. F

LEDs running on AC

heres how I did the meter lamp , its also running 6 volt ac . front led lenses ground flat , back led ground to a v shape then glued together reverse polarity and dropping resistor added
  7. F

LEDs running on AC

and here's a pic how it turned out , nice even lighting and a nice blue color too boot , this is a Fisher 304 receiver 1972 vintage
  8. F

LEDs running on AC

here they are installed in the lamp holder , this is running 6 volt ac supply to leds
  9. F

LEDs running on AC

here's a pic of led fuse lamp assembled next to the stock festoon style lamp
  10. F

LEDs running on AC

I did like Mike said in post #3 , pic before assembly. 2-5mm leds with lens ground flat then glued together reverse polarity , 20amp fuse ends glass and fuse element removed , dropping resistor
  11. F

Poll: Do you like when vintage receivers have LED lamps swapped in?

and for comparison here's a 404 with stock lighting
  12. F

Poll: Do you like when vintage receivers have LED lamps swapped in?

here's a Fisher 304 I did a while back
  13. F

Got a Fisher 304 Quad, for nostalgia

that's a 304B you got there , got 2 304's here (1972 vintage), nice sounding receivers , still very under rated IMHO . some of the first receivers to use Sanyo STK's for amplification (chip amp) . mine is still going strong , haven't done anything with it except a led lamp conversion and a good...
  14. F

Anyone listening to 3 channel stereo?

and that's the trick , getting the center (3rd) speaker at the right volume , whatever way you get it there . I've found with 3 identical speakers wired up in a phantom channel configuration , the center ends up being a little hot (loud)
  15. F

another pair of cheap rat shack/RCA book shelfs

should be a cap in there already , simply replace it with a new cap of the same value
  16. F

Resistor from live AC to ground Sony STR-6065

"Another CSA regulation required internal line cord fuse in series with external fuse, typically it was 1/2 greater rating than external one. The idea was to prevent fire in case operator installed greater rating fuse in external holder." iv seen this on a Lafayette...
  17. F

Value Of Practically New In Box Sansui SP-2000 Speakers?

a little d.o.t. 3 break fluid on the woofer surrounds and some time running a 30hz tone setting on their backs does wonders for loosening up them stiff surrounds
  18. F

Value Of Practically New In Box Sansui SP-2000 Speakers?

found 3 of those on the side of the road waiting for a ride to the land fill a few years ago , all drivers work and they look perfect (not dinged up ) and I like them sound wise (for what they are ) believe you-me I watched for a while for the 4th speaker or receiver to go with them , never seen...
  19. F

Radio shack Optimus 7 1973 floor speakers

: http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/index.html check out page 39 of the 1973 catalog and page 24 of 1974 catalog
  20. F

Your very first amp? What was the first amplifier you had?

can we all see a picture of it
  21. F

Lafayette 1000TA Schematic?

AG Tannenbaum's Old Radio Site has LR-1000T op and service manual , don't know if there's a difference between T and TA but I do know Lafayette manuals are pretty scarce on line
  22. F

Your very first amp? What was the first amplifier you had?

had a Voice of Music 1448 - bought for a couple bucks from a buddies dad , a set of Olson 8" two ways - hand me down from an uncle , and a Garrard turntable - hand me down from my folks . that was in the mid 70's , all that's left now a days is the speaker cabinets (minus the drivers and...
  23. F

Cerwin Vega 12TR

they were listed for quite some time (seen that ad many times while searching, didn't remember exactly where in Michigander) glad to see they went to someone who can give them some proper TLC , do let us all know how they work out for you
  24. F

Cerwin Vega 12TR

you pick them up from c-list ? they look familiar seen a pair round the port huron area not long ago , look a lot like pics you posted (been stalking CV's for a while lookin for a big set for reasonable price)
Back
Top Bottom