Search results

1. Shominy

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

Another article. Norway tho...
  2. Shominy

"What's the story with..." game

Prompted by @audiotemp 's great observation post in a ridiculous thread, I give you: "What's the story with..." :rflmao: I'll open using that statement and finishing it with something. Next poster does an answer (can be ridiculous), then posts their own for the next poster. What's the story...
  3. Shominy

Potpourri Of Interesting *Old* Ads - Anything is game other than Audio!

For definition, I'm thinking only last century stuff. ANYTHING is game exc for stereo ads- there is an amazing thread for that already.
  4. Shominy

Very interesting and comprehensive Photograhic website that should not be missed.

For those who don't know, https://www.photonstophotos.net and it is still frequently updated. Just a sample to taste...
  5. Shominy

Things you don't (or very rarely) hear anymore.

Let's try a parallel thread to @1970's Fan 's Things you don't see anymore. thread. Hit me on the flip side 23 ski-doo That's about as funny as a screen door on a submarine
  6. Shominy

Technics SA 505 Smokeless Failure- Help

Hey all. My receiver had been working just fine. Friday, I was listening and it just stopped- no pop, no smoke, just a bit of hot electronics smell. It does not come out of protection now. I have it apart and see no obvious burned components. I need help in running this down. Where to begin?
  7. Shominy

The Christoph 100,000 Posts Watch thread

He is approaching six figures... any day now. Will it be on Sat? @harman/kardon
  8. Shominy

Incredible 230-Car Barn Find - Auction time

Incredible 230-Car Barn Find Includes Classic Ferraris, BMWs, And More... https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/incredible-230-car-barn-find-includes-classic-ferraris-bmws-and-more/ar-AA19PGx3...
  9. Shominy

A Mancave Sort Of Place. Posts and discussions

Tools, yesteryear, machines, wimmin, autos, trains, models... the stuff. I'll start with a tool puzzle for you all. What is it? Answer will follow sometime if no one gets it. It's obviously a wrench, what is it’s proper name?
  10. Shominy

Your Small-pass Filter PSA

Remember to do it.
  11. Shominy

Hot Rodding An Apple iPod Hifi

I just thought that I'd place a thread where I added sorely-needed tweeters to our iPod Hifi unit. Due to the mid-bass drivers doing treble duty, the sizzle on these units have been a losing point since its introduction. These have (I think) a 10w amp in them and will go pretty loud. They...
  12. Shominy

Is the Human Antenna coming?

Human use as 6G antennae? Lots of speculation about it here. We are becoming 'them'. Slowly, incrementally, sometimes unseen but it's there. I personally am not interested in any human-AI-machine melding if our consumption is the endgame. After reading some, what say you?
  13. Shominy

Strange Technics SA 505 behavior

I got one of these for Christmas to supplant or supplement my 303. There were disclosed problems. 1. It had beed dropped and L side panel is broken but solid in-place. 2. One remote speaker twist lock won't do that any longer. But the one prob that I discovered upon actually using it was...
  14. Shominy

Change an un-switched outlet to a switched one?

I hav a receiver that only has one un-switched outlet on the back and would like to convert it to being switched via the receiver's power switch. Technics SA 303. Has anyone done this, with guidance for me? I know that I can do this with a power bar, but that would be a last resort for me...
  15. Shominy

Polarity on KEF T27 Tweeter for 104aB

I am rehabbing and recapping my 104aB's with the Falcon kit. Someone has been in these speakers before to upgrade the wiring but I want to sure the drivers are phased correctly. Is the black wire on the T27 tweeter the (-) side? Also, I have not heard back from Falcon yet, but the kit uses...
  16. Shominy

Technics SA-303... POP goes the weasel.

Hoping for a bit of guidance. Two weeks ago, I gave a thorough/over-the-top saturation, wiping, re-saturation, wiping, final flush and wipe on the accessible pots (vol, balance, tones, tape toggles) with CRC, then each followed with Electrosolve w/lube as final treatment. Those controls are a...
  17. Shominy

All-Colors Challenger Wrap

Factory, and real.
  18. Shominy

AI Or Holographic?

What follows digital photography as we use it today, do you think; AI cameras, holographic cameras? Something else? Personally, I feel that it will be AI in-camera processing.
  19. Shominy

Color organ problem

There is not an appropriate forum to place this because it is not audio and not DIY, so... :dunno: Poking around online yielded nothing and I hope that someone can assist. My little vintage color organ all of a sudden began outputting a hum through the input speaker line wires. It is audible...
  20. Shominy

Almost A Lyric Line

Let's limit this to a single line, for brevity and ease of consumption. Maybe include artist/song info? Do you...you, squeal like I do? Frampton/Do You Feel...
  21. Shominy

Do Commercials Ruin Or Enhance The Song?

Pilot. I cannot listen to their one hit now (liked it a lot as a flashback tune) without hearing Ozempic. :mad: There are others for me but i want to leave the playing field as bare as possible for you all. Any one(s) for you- ruined or enhanced by its commercial use?
  22. Shominy

Fantasy Art- post something

23. Shominy

EPI 150 (Brass inlays) help?

Hi- It's been bugging me since I got them several years ago, but the previous owner had sanded the top panel veneer through to the particle board in a few spots. If it weren't for the brass inlays, this is an easy fix. But how to address this, given I'd like to keep the brass visible on the top...
  24. Shominy

Koss HV/1LC remediation?

Hi all. I picked up a pair a few days ago and the bass is as good as I remember (I had a pair in the early 90s), but these seem a little flat in the mids and more so in the highs, and timbre off as compared to my Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 32 I do need to disassemble and clean the pots. What can...
  25. Shominy

Energy sub hum- help

I have an Energy e-XL-S8 sub that has developed a 60Hz hum when on and no signal. What might be causing this, and how to track it down? Thank you!
Back
Top Bottom