Search results

1. M

Phoney phono stage from "Studer Revox"

I also have one of these. Yet to try it out though.
  2. M

Any BGW fans out there?

I was in the live sound reinforcement industry for a few years after school so I know that gear gets put through it's paces, but a fire and submergence is taking it to another level. A tech friend of mine told me that I should buy this amp because it is a "solid" amp. I now know what he means...
  3. M

Any BGW fans out there?

Air cooled is always a bonus. Now that you mention anvil construction. The morning after I bought the amp, which was just a few days ago, I go downstairs, carrying the amp in my hands, to have a listen to it powering some B&O S45's I have. While walking down the stairs one of the steps break, I...
  4. M

Any BGW fans out there?

Thanks for the info BobbyBluz! It's good for me to hear that you have the more renowned models yet still enjoy the 7500. Mine is also a 7500 Proline II. I had the same feeling regarding the inputs being unbalanced. Currently mine have female jacks wired for the input connectors, but I might...
  5. M

Any BGW fans out there?

I also got mine for a good price so I just took a chance on it after reading about how good the 250 & 750 is. The 7500 I have actually came out of a cinema theatre and it was driving a pair of Altec Lansing 604-168X 15" Mantaray drivers. If I was quicker I could have picked up the drivers too...
  6. M

Any BGW fans out there?

Sorry to revive an old thread here. I bought a BGW 7500 a few days ago knowing how great the 250 and 750 are. There is very little info about the 7500 online though. Does anybody here have any experience with them? loach71 have you ever worked on one? Are they as good as the other more popular...
  7. M

Tutorial: "Deep Cleaning" An Amplifier

Thanks for the great tutorial ghost. I will try this method on an old Lafayette LA-200 that I have lying around. I will post some pics here when I am done.
Back
Top Bottom