Search results

1. chuckworkb

Interesting tube info on this website.

I thought some of you might enjoy this websites knowledge base. There is some interesting information on the history of tubes and some info on Sylvania. https://www.effectrode.com/knowledge-base/
  2. chuckworkb

Winter Weekend Project - Copy of a 1960's Shure Headphone amp circuit

I am thinking about building this headphone amp using the schematic from a 1965 Shure Head phone amp. Pretty straightforward, not many parts, and looks like something to try out. I have attached the schematic. I have only one question on the schematic - What size do you think the power...
  3. chuckworkb

Has anyone tried the Psvane Blue Glass KT88's in their MC275?

Has anyone tried the Psvane KT88 Blue glass tubes, or the Psvane KT88 with the grey glass for that matter? I am curious if it's worth the cost. I have a quad of Penta Lab KT88's in there for a while now.
  4. chuckworkb

Anyone know who might have made this Zaerix 12AT7?

I have included 3 pics. I know this company rebranded tubes. Curious who might have made this one. Thanks in advance.
  5. chuckworkb

I wonder if one of you folks can tell me the Mfd size of each of these caps?

I need some .01, and .001 Mfd caps. I think these may be that size, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone can identify them for me. Thanks in advance.
  6. chuckworkb

I am looking for a transistor only headphone amp schematic

I see solid state headphone amp schematics with op aps, mosfets etc, I am looking for something using just good old fashioned transistors. :) Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
  7. chuckworkb

Selenium diode to Silicon diode - I'm confused.

I have a realistic tuner I am working on. I wanted to replace the selenium rectifier. I took some voltage readings off the Selenium Rectifier ( 1/2 wave, not full wave) while it was still in the circuit. The positive connection from the selenium rectifier is connected to one side of the 125 V...
  8. chuckworkb

Realistic TM175 Tuner - anyone know where I can find...

Anyone know where I can find a schematic, and or service manual? I have one that needs a going over, and have the tuning thread re- installed on the pulleys, the original is broken. Thanks
  9. chuckworkb

Interesting article - 12AX7 Shoot out from Vacuum Tube Valley.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131122141757/http://www.jumpjet.info/Pioneering-Wireless/eMagazines/VTV/VTV14.pdf
  10. chuckworkb

I thought you guys might like this

My latest artist creation related to tubes. I just have a couple more to put in then cover it with UV glass, and hang it on a wall.
  11. chuckworkb

Spare time and spare parts in t he workshop led to this little tube display

I thought I would display some older tubes. So this is what it looks like after a little spare time in the workshop.
  12. chuckworkb

I need some help building a filament power supply

OK, this may seem a little off the wall, but here goes. I have about a dozen tubes from the 40's that I wanted to mount to a case and display, but I wanted the filaments to turn on. ( 6 of them at any one time) Most of the tubes have 1.5 or 2 V filaments according to the specs I found surfing...
  13. chuckworkb

Making a 1/8 in stereo jack to turn off the green LED on the MC275VI

Someone may have already described this, but I can't find it here. I heard you can shut off the green LED's by using a jack in the trigger port and shorting one pin to grd. Which pin gets shorted? The tip, or the ring? Thanks. I am thinking of wiring up one of these jacks to a small switch to...
  14. chuckworkb

Merry Christmas to me...... a new MC275VI is on it's way home to me.

I just ordered a new MC275VI. I can't wait to get it home and fire it up. Feel like a kid in a candy store.
  15. chuckworkb

Anyone have any experience with Siemens Tubes - thinking about trying some 12 AX and AT7s

Anyone have any experience using Siemens 12ax7 or 12at7 tubes in their gear? The prices are better than the more expensive Telefunken, and according to one reputable dealer on line they sound very much like the Telefunkens.
  16. chuckworkb

American Radio History web site I found

I found this site had some interesting information. American Radio History All kinds of articles from the past. http://www.americanradiohistory.com/ I found some info on a a tuner from 1955 on this site. Maybe there is something you might find interesting there.
  17. chuckworkb

C2200 owners past or current. Did you or would you trade up to a c2300 if you could?

I have been thinking .... again, about going to a new Pre Amp, but since I don't want a DAC in my pre amp and I want to stay with McIntosh, I think my only choices are a new C22, or a C2300 if I can find one. If you owned a C2200 in the past what do you own now and why did you upgrade? If...
  18. chuckworkb

Has anyone checked out these turntables?

https://store.uturnaudio.com/ I wonder how good they are?
  19. chuckworkb

Nice trade up program!

I took advantage of a similar program several years back. I just got this email from McIntosh. Want more power? Or inputs that support digital music? Then act now to take advantage of our TradeUP Program. As a testament to the durability and value of McIntosh, for a limited time you can...
  20. chuckworkb

Which brand KT88 are you using in your MC275, or 75?

Interested in knowing which brand output tubes you are using in your MC275, or Mc75? Thanks
  21. chuckworkb

Felt dust covers for you Mc Gear

Thought I might tell you about some felt covers I purchased for my C2200, and my MC352. Here is the URL to the audio covers. http://www.radiodustcovers.com/Hi-FiAudio.html I got the black felt with the bright blue lettering. Very nice and reasonably priced.
  22. chuckworkb

Dust behind the meter glass, but underneath the blue filters on the amp

On my MC352 over the years a light layer of fine dust has accumulated on the back of the clear glass where the meter display is. This portion of the glass is boxed in by some foam which appears is glued to the painted glass, on top of which is one of the blue filters. The dust bugs me, but I...
  23. chuckworkb

Looking for some 1950's or 60's lesser known crooners.

I am looking for suggestions regarding some 1950's or early 60's artists like Frank Sinatra, Nat Kig Cole, etc, only I am looking for the artists perhaps many folks haven't heard of, but had some great music back in the day. Actually, if you have some female artists that fit the same lesser...
  24. chuckworkb

tubes 4 hifi - has anyone tried to get to that website lately?

I tried yesterday and today, and keep getting the message server not found. Server outage or out of business, maybe?? I was able to reach out to Bob Latino for another reason, but unable to get to the tubes4 website.
  25. chuckworkb

MC275 owners, I'm looking for some advise on using 2 in mono

Has anyone got any experience using two MC275 amps in mono? How did that configuration improve your sound? I have a chance to do that, and I was just looking for some folks input on how they liked it after running them in mono mode. Thanks in advance.
Back
Top Bottom