Search results

1. eriathomas

New generation of the AT95E, six different types

https://audiotechnicanewsroom.com/2018/08/29/ifa-2018-audio-technica-launches-new-entry-level-vm95-cartridge-series-featuring-the-next-generation-model-of-the-legendary-at95e/ Why? It's uglier than the original.
  2. eriathomas

Lower tracking force conicals for the Shure M97E Type 2

Looking for a conical that tracks around 2g or lower for an extra cartridge. Do these exist? I don't know if any other Shure cartridge styli fit this to look for. Thanks. Edit: WOW, not sure why I put 97, meant 75!
  3. eriathomas

Looking for a different sound, vintage cartridge suggestions?

I'm looking for some new sounds, and want to check out some vintages cartridges. I'm looking for one with decent/good aftermarket styli, preferably elliptical that track 2.5g or under. I've tried Stanton/Pickering, Grado, and Audio-Technics. I like the MI sound from the 681eee and Grados. I've...
  4. eriathomas

Hotrodding an AT95E

I've read some stuff about people potting these, and adding nice wood bodies to them. Does anyone have any tutorial, or guides? The wood bodies on ebay look nice, but I've read they don't account for the curve of the AT95E body, so it'd mess with the VTA. Any info, pictures, etc? I'd love to see...
  5. eriathomas

AT95E tvom HE or LPGear VL?

tvom offers an EVG HE stylus for the AT95E which is about $30 cheaper than the LPGear VL stylus. Has anyone tried both, and know which one might sound the best? Why did LPGear switch their styli from HE to VL?I'm interested in trying for better styli profile on this cartridge.
  6. eriathomas

AT125LC vs AT140LC

I noticed the 125 is a bit cheaper on stereoneedles, whats the difference? Is it bonded versus nude? Anything else that might be different? How's my AT440MLb stylus compare to their stylus profile?
  7. eriathomas

Aftermarker S-Arm Headshells, poor QA?

I bought a Technics clone off the auction site, and according to the Technics overhang gauge and my Stevenson protractor it is aligned properly. However, when I look down on it it does not appear to be square in the headshell (one screw looks further forward than the other). The cartridge...
  8. eriathomas

Audio-Technica warehouse sale

Anyone else go? I was after an AT440mlb or stylus, but they were either sold out by the time I got there or they never had any. They did have an ATVMN40ML stylus, but it was $180, and the AT440MLb is a little cheaper online so I didn't get it. Walked away for an AT95E and headshell, an AT100E...
  9. eriathomas

Technics overhang gauge issues

So I was messing with a cartridge tonight, and notice my gauge seems to angle the headshell a few degrees to the right making it impossible to align correctly. Anyone else have one with this problem, or am I just crazy?
  10. eriathomas

LPGear AT95CE

I just ordered one, to have a conical cartridge (gave my AT11 to a friend who broke her stylus) and the weird diamond profile interested me. Anyone have one, or heard one before? I guess if I hate it, I can grab one of those $10 styli everyone talks about.
  11. eriathomas

Favorite cartridges that minimize surface noise?

I have a few modern records that are screeched or poorly pressed and have some bad surface noise. Normally I'd look for a new copy, but these are all ~100 record runs and used market prices are insane on them. Anyone have a cartridge suggestion to help make them slightly for listenable? My...
  12. eriathomas

Stanton 890SA stylus

I picked up a Technics 1200 M3D today, and it came with a Stanton 890SA cartridge that looks to be a DJ cartridge. Are there any good elliptical styli for it? Never had a Stanton before, so am curious. Thanks.
  13. eriathomas

Stylus Broken/Stuck in AT2211HE

https://imgur.com/a/VE8qj It looks like someone tried to take the stylus off, and snapped all but that little piece. Any ideas on how to get it out, or if it's worth it because I'm worried the cartridge might be damaged too. Anyone know anything about this cartridge? It looks like a...
  14. eriathomas

Kenwood KD-3070 questions

I picked up one of these pretty cheap, but it needs some work. It does not keep speed right, and it's dirty as all hell. Any tips on the best way to clean it? I plan on using some deoxit on the pots and messing the with adjustment screws based on the service manual. It is also missing the...
  15. eriathomas

Dual 1229 questions

I came across one for a good price on CL. The seller says it keeps speed, and all the automatic functions work, but he does not have a cartridge to test it 100%. What should I look for when I go take a look at it? I've been looking for a good automatic table for a few months, and I've read good...
  16. eriathomas

Good Automatic P-Mount tables?

I've recently been diagnosed with a chronic illness, and a fun side affect is shaky hands. The shaking makes using my manual table very stressful. Hopefully the medicine will work soon, and it will stop, but I'm told it could take a year plus. I'm not ready to give up my records. Are there any...
  17. eriathomas

Probably a reall dumb question about the AT440mlb.

I recently picked one of these up at the annual AT warehouse sale for a good price. I finally got around to installing it last weekend, but to me it looked like there was no diamond or a broken one on the cantilever. I took it back to AT, and they put it under their microscope and showed me...
  18. eriathomas

KAB EV-1 RCM questions

I just got this in today, and it is replacing my old spin clean. I just washed a record that was brand new, but had some noise on it, and it sounds terrible. There is now a lot of background noise on silent parts that is drowned out by the music but is still there. I washed it with the fluid KAB...
  19. eriathomas

AT-110E cartridge

Anyone have any experiences with this cartridge? I can't find too much on it, just a few positive reviews. I'm looking to use it as a back-up cartridge on my H/K T60 that is currently running a Grado that is about to get a 8MZ stylus upgrade. The compliance seems to match the light tonearm...
  20. eriathomas

AT95VL vs AT95HE, which is the better value?

I'm thinking of upgrading the stylus on my AT95E to one of these, and was wondering if one is any better than the other. The VL is from LPgear, and is $89.95, while the HE is from turntableneedle for $119.95. I've heard really good things about the HE and the VL, but people seem to lean more...
  21. eriathomas

Mat replacement for Harman Kardon T60

I just got my HK T60 back from the shop, where they fixed some speed issues with it. The problem is that they said when they where adjusting the speed, they put the record weight down on my mat and cracked it. I have read that these hard rubber mats were specially designed for the table, so was...
  22. eriathomas

Either of these Audio-Technica cartridges worth keeping/selling?

I just found a ATP-NX2 and a AT TM3 in a box when I was searching for my shure scale. I assume the NX2 came from my old AT table and am not sure about the TM3, since I don't have a p-mount able. Are either of these cartridge worth keeping or trying to sell? I don't see myself using a p-mount on...
  23. eriathomas

Cartridge suggestions for HK T60 (Tonearm compliance)

I currently have a Grado Green on my HK T60, but I'm not quite happy with the sound. I think it's just a mismatch for the light tonearm. As far as tonearm compliance goes, so I be looking a heavier cartridge? I am looking at the Ortofon 2M Blue or possibly a Denon DL110, since my budget is...
  24. eriathomas

Chromecast Audio and Hi-Res issues

I just picked one up, set-up a DNLA server for my local files, and am using C5 on my phone to cast the files. The issues is it seems like only 5-10% of my hi-res files play, while the rest just do nothing. Anyone else have this issue?
  25. eriathomas

New set-up, new turntable and new location.

I just got a H/K T60 table last week, and decided to move my system to where my TV was since I never watched it anymore. Sounds awesome, since it is right in front of where I normally sit instead of off to the side like before.
Back
Top Bottom