Search results

1. Drummond

The rarest speakers you own or have owned?

ALTEC Stonehenge I speakers.
  2. Drummond

Altec Lansing 9820-8A - Anyone ever run a pair?

Check on the auction site for cost and Great Plains for specs.
  3. Drummond

Altec Lansing 9820-8A - Anyone ever run a pair?

The ALTEC 9820-8a is an excellent speaker for home stereo use. If you decide to use them in an open baffle design you will not be disappointed. Remember, some of the best sounding vintage speakers started off as P.A. speakers. As far as ceiling speakers go ALTEC made some of the best and they...
  4. Drummond

Shopping for some Kabuki’s

The unofficial king of Kabuki is..... Audiosphere research 18l speakers.
  5. Drummond

Altecs or bozaks

If you did not purchase the ALTEC’s and still have the info on them please share.
  6. Drummond

Tweeter ID needed.

I used 2.0uf paper in oil capacitors for my 075 and the tweeters sound much better. They are in the room opposed to beaming at you. There is no fatigue now and highs sound transparent. I also use PIO caps on my LE 175’s for the sales reason.
  7. Drummond

need some help iding this altec driver.

I have always wondered how those drivers would sound compared to other ALTEC models.
  8. Drummond

Driver ID

I have three of these Neumann drivers and they sound very good and neutral. I want to know which speaker system they were made for.
  9. Drummond

Hey old folks are smaller speakers bigger now?

Okay, let's face it...some of your wives will not allow you to have large speakers, men like big toys. Do you really think size does not matter (laughing...) I did have a set of "small" speakers many years ago, but they were in a man-size box, Polk SDA 2's, and yes those 6.5 mid-bass drivers...
  10. Drummond

Bozak, tweet, tweet

I had the same problem with older Altec's and JBL's and for some reason, the Electrovioce T35 seems to give the older speakers the sparkle they may be missing up top.
  11. Drummond

Ling LTV Tweeter ID

Goodman Trebax? Or Midax?
  12. Drummond

Ling LTV Tweeter ID

I believe Goodman’s made them.
  13. Drummond

Ling LTV Tweeter ID

Thanks for the information bowtie. Goodmans sold the same type of device.
  14. Drummond

Ling LTV Tweeter ID

This is my first time seeing a tweeter like this. Does anyone know which speaker system it belongs to? The specs would be nice as well.
  15. Drummond

KOSS M80 Dyna-Mites Little Jewels-Restoration

I have the same pair and like them vey much.
  16. Drummond

Anybody know what these are?

Old-school air suspension speakers with nice woofers, they should sound pretty good but those tweeters should be replaced.
  17. Drummond

Frazier Mark IV Score!

Good score!! Those are very nice. There is nothing like a good well-built two way horn loaded speaker. I’ve always wanted to try Frazier speakers because of their reputation in home and professional use.
  18. Drummond

Help me, help someone else..

I would ask him about his receiver/amp. The loudness button does wonders for speakers that lack bass at low volume.
  19. Drummond

My first horns: Altec A7

I would leave them in that configuration and listen to them for a week or two. This is the same configuration the Altec Magnificat's are in and they sound fine. I did add an Electro voice T35 hooked up to a Altec 3000 tweeter crossover added to the back for adjustments.
  20. Drummond

Some people like speakers that sound good better than perfect sounding speakers.

I don’t know about that, I have two pair of Altec 819a’s one pair modified with JBL 075, 175 and one pair original.... with Russian caps. Both sound amazing with Bass around 50hz.
  21. Drummond

Some people like speakers that sound good better than perfect sounding speakers.

The same thing happened to me in an old caddi with a Bose system.
Back
Top Bottom