Search results

1. cerwinvegaD9

Nova 8B Woofer Replacement

I've acquired a set of Realistic Nova 8B speakers in need of BOTH woofers,one original woofer is lost to the sands of time and the other the magnet has shifted so bad it's crushed the VC. Is there a better/comparable aftermarket driver that I can put in there while I'm at it or is it best to get...
  2. cerwinvegaD9

Ratty 9090 value

I'm looking at a Sansui 9090 (non db)with numerous issues stemming from a previous owner wrapping all the fuses in tin foil,the current owner (tech) has had to rebuild the driver board (that did catch fire at one point) with almost all new components, and replace many other things throughout the...
  3. cerwinvegaD9

SX-1500TD Rebuild help

I recently claimed the free SX-1500TD from DRecovery. I checked it out,reflowed some solder,then my output board let the magic smoke out upon power up. I have learned the error of my ways (didn't use variac or DBT) and now I just seek to redeem myself by bringing it back to life. I think it was...
  4. cerwinvegaD9

SX-424 FM problem

Merry Christmas, earlier today my parents gave me an SX-424 that needed a refresh. I cleaned the pots and switches and installed LEDs. The tuner has issues that I'm not sure how to fix,it had this problem intermittently at first, but has since become continuous. The tuner just doesn't work, some...
  5. cerwinvegaD9

A Decent All-In-One!?

I have a Zenith "Integrated Stereo System" from roughly 1981 (I think the model No. is IS4080) that is the nicest all-in-one I've seen,weighted tuner (not a big weight but its there),a Shure cart on a belt-drive turntable,the clearest sounding 8-track deck I've ever heard,an actual separate...
  6. cerwinvegaD9

Hacked and Ugly Equipment

(got this idea from a truck forum) What is the most hacked up and/or ugly piece of audio equipment you've ever seen? This is the place for all your duct-tape surrounds, rattle canned receivers,lionel train power supplies,and anything that is hacked,ugly,or both!
  7. cerwinvegaD9

Seeburg SMC1 Disco

(I think this is the right place) I have recently purchased a seeburg smc1 disco jukebox from 1978-1979 in non working condition.I haven't messed with it much,but I did inventory major components,it's missing; the MCU (joy),the coin mech,both woofers,and one tweeter. I haven't even got it to...
  8. cerwinvegaD9

Wanted: New Jersey to Chattanooga

I'm looking for someone who can take some equipment from Voorhees Township, NJ 08043 to Hixson,TN 37343 It consists of one 60lb package.
  9. cerwinvegaD9

Sx-750 vs sx-1050

Ignoring wattage,how do these two compare in terms of sound and build quality? I'm seriously looking at getting a SX-1050 ,but I've never seen one in person or heard one. I have a SX-750,so if I can get comparisons to it then I will know what to expect.
  10. cerwinvegaD9

D9 tweeter issues

My namesake has some problems from the previous owner,the tweeter Lpad on one speaker is melted (it extruded the knob shaft) and whatever took that out took the tweeter with it.I'm wondering how one goes about bypassing the Lpad with a resistor (I have the resistor) and where can I obtain a...
  11. cerwinvegaD9

Searching for a Monster

I've begun the process of looking for a classic "Monster" receiver (+100WPC),but my budget is limited,very limited.I'm after the best bang for the buck here,but I'm open to suggestions on what to keep an eye out for.I've got a potential trade working on a Sansui 9090DB,but have also looked into...
  12. cerwinvegaD9

Toshiba RTR?

I have a Toshiba GT-810S RTR,it's my first and only RTR and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with one of these. EDIT; Experience with a Toshiba GT-810S,not just reel-to-reel in general.
  13. cerwinvegaD9

System Combinations

Just out of curiosity,out of the following equipment what would you pair together and why? Receivers; -Realistic STA-2080 -Sansui 5000X -Pioneer SX-750 -Fisher 202 Futura Speakers; -Realistic MC-1200 -Cerwin Vega D9 -Altec Lansing 95 -MCS 8320 -KLH 9005 Satellite -Venturi V52
  14. cerwinvegaD9

My System/Space

My space and system are ever-changing,so I'm making my own thread instead of hogging others. Here is my space and system as of 2012,before I seriously got into audio. -Soundesign all-in-one -Realistic Optimus speakers (cant remember exact model)
  15. cerwinvegaD9

Zenith 7S657R Floor Console

I picked one up for cheap at a local swap shop and I'm wanting to restore it from the ground up.The cabinet will be refinished and I hope to rebuild the chassis as well,it needs completely rebuilt to be safe to use. The chassis is a 7B01R with seven tubes.My problem is that I have no experience...
  16. cerwinvegaD9

Fisher 80c

I have the opportunity to purchase a Fisher 80c preamp for $80.It has a wood cabinet,the entire unit is in very good shape,just dirty.I have been assured by the store that it does work,even though it is missing the fuse and the cap/knob/thing from the end of the fuse holder. :scratch2: Is this a...
  17. cerwinvegaD9

SX-750 Alignment Cost

I'm looking to have an FM alignment done on my Pioneer SX-750 in the Chattanooga area. I've been quoted $120 from a local hi-fi shop, is this a good price,it seems rather expensive to me.
  18. cerwinvegaD9

Poor SX-750

My latest antique store find,a less than mint SX-750 for $34! It works like new after a good contact cleaning and a going over with a vacuum. I re-veneered the case with some vinyl peel-and-stick shelf stuff that I got at the hardware store and now it looks closer to how it sounds.Any opinions...
  19. cerwinvegaD9

Realistic STA-2080 Knob Replacement/ Opinions

I'm looking for thoughts on where to get a knob for the treble control that more or less matches the others,I've got an MCS receiver knob on it (because it was closer than the black plastic one the previous owner put on it) But I want one that matches the others,if that's not really possible...
Back
Top Bottom