Search results

1. Flip69

Cables for Mark Levinson No. 30.5 and PLS-330

I have resurrected a Mark Levinson No. 30.5 digital processor / preamp from storage, along with its companion PLS-330 power supply. However, the cables that run between the 30.5 and the 330 are nowhere to be found. I would like to build some replacements, or have them built. There are three...
  2. Flip69

Marantz 2270 Troubleshooting No Relay Click

I need help identifying a problem with my 2270. Here is the background. I did a basic recap about five years ago. I replaced all of the electrolytics and a handful of other components, including the relay. The unit played great. Recently, the fuse blew. When I replaced the fuse I had no...
  3. Flip69

Marantz 2270 Output Transistor Question

I am replacing the SJ2517 and SJ2518 output transistors on a Marantz 2270. I want to make sure I am putting the replacements in the correct position. Does the PNP always go into the socket with the red, orange, and brown wires; and the NPN in the socket with the green, yellow, and blue wires...
  4. Flip69

Eico ST-85 Preamp - Bad Transformer?

I am restoring an Eico ST-85 preamp. One of the measurements from the power transformer is off, by a lot. Specifically, I am talking about the resistance measurement at pins 1 and 6 of the rectifier tube. If I understand things correctly, this is the B+ connection from the power transformer...
  5. Flip69

Eico HF-85 Can Cap Question

I am restoring an HF-85. Someone previously recapped the 20-40-40 can cap with separate caps installed on the bottom. I removed them to replace them. When I went to install the new ones, I looked at the old can, disconnected but still installed on top, to see which cap values match up to the...
  6. Flip69

Frazier Concerto A Speaker Restoration

I recently finished overhauling a pair of Frazier Concerto A speakers. I picked them up from a local Craigslist seller. I have been "auditioning" speakers over the past few years for my workroom, where I primarily play lower wattage vintage tube amps. It is a small, cramped, oddly shaped...
  7. Flip69

HF12 Hum Issue

I have finished restoring a pair of HF12s. As part of the restoration I replaced all of the resistors and capacitors, except the ceramic capacitors. I replaced wiring and tube sockets as needed, but kept most of the original sockets and wiring. I added a three-prong grounded power cord and a...
  8. Flip69

Help Using HF-12s as Monoblocks

I just finished restoring two HF-12s. I read that you can use them as monoblocks without any modification by using the Tape Output jack as an Amp In. I tried doing that using a Dynaco PAS as the preamp (PAS main Output jacks to the Tape Output jacks on the HF-12s). I got no sound, only a 60hz...
  9. Flip69

Audionics CC-2 - Two Questions

I recently came across an Audionics CC-2 amplifier and BT-2 preamplifier. I was not familiar with these units or the company. However, the info I found online was very interesting. I am particularly interested in the strong positive comments the CC-2 receives for its bi amping capabilities...
  10. Flip69

Nee Help with Eico 2510 / 2200 Tuner

Hello. I have an Eico 2510. The tape and phono inputs work fine. However, the tuner does not pull in any stations. When I turn the tuner dial, there is no change in sound or in the "magic eye" indicator. Just a very soft static hum. I have not been able to find schematics or a service...
  11. Flip69

2220B Capacitor Value Question

I am recapping a 2220B. It is the version with the Dolby board. I have a question about capacitor C325. The parts list and schematics in the service manual I downloaded from hifiengine show the value as 330uF. The schematics I found for the version with the Dolby board also show the value as...
  12. Flip69

2510 - Parts ID and Advice

I am preparing to restore a 2510. I have not been able to find a build manual, user manual, service manual, parts list, or schematic (if anyone has any of them and is willing to share, please PM me). I am creating a parts list by going through the unit and seeing what is in there now. I am...
  13. Flip69

Eico 2050

I am looking for the build instructions, owners manuals, service/maintenance manuals, and schematics for the Eico 2050 and the Eico 2510. I found the maintenance manual for the 2050 in the AK database. Still trying to track down the other docs. Thanks!
  14. Flip69

Mission Argonaut 780s with Dynaco ST-70

I am looking at a pair of Mission Argonaut 780 speakers for sale locally at a good price. I would be running them through a restored/modified Dynaco ST-70. The Dynaco is rated at 35 watts per channel, maybe a bit higher with the mods (I have not checked). The 780s are 4 ohm speakers...
  15. Flip69

HF-81 Resistance Measurements

I am troubleshooting an HF-81. Among other things, I am making a chart of the resistance measurements at each pin for each tube. I am taking the measurements according to the guidance provided in the Eico manual and on the Sam's Schematic. I have a couple of questions. How do you take the...
  16. Flip69

Turntable Problem or Phono Amp Problem?

I have an AR XA turntable that I am playing through a pioneer SX-1250 receiver. There is an issue. Here is the scenario: Fire things up. Set the input on the SX-1250 to Phono 1. Play a record. All is good. Turn down the volume. Switch to FM (or another input). Turn the volume back up. All is...
  17. Flip69

SX-1250 Phono Issue

My SX-1250 has a phono issue. Here is the scenario: Fire it up. Set the input to Phono 1. Put on a record. All is good. Turn down the volume. Switch to FM (or another input). Turn the volume back up. All is good. Turn down the volume. Switch back to Phono 1. Turn the volume back up...
  18. Flip69

Question re Wattage: How much does it really matter?

Did a quick search for threads on this topic, but did not find one. Feel free to simply point me in that direction if you know of one. Also, not sure if this is the best forum for this post, but here goes. I had a guy come in to look at a Pioneer SX-1250 I had restored. He did not buy it...
  19. Flip69

2270 FM Related Transistor and Diode Substitutes Table

I have worked on a couple of Marantz receivers recently with FM related issues. The 2270 I am currently working on has weak FM reception. I know from reviewing threads in this forum that FM problems often trace back to bad transistors on one or more of the FM related boards. That has...
  20. Flip69

SX-1250 Phono1 and Phono2 No Sound in One Channel

I am working on an SX-1250. When source is set to Phone1 or Phono2 there is no sound in the right channel. All other source settings work as they should. The turntable and cables work fine when running through another amp. What should I check first? BTW, all electrolytic caps and...
  21. Flip69

SX-1250 Intermittent Sound

I have just begun an SX-1250 recap. I started by testing the unit. Everything worked. I replaced the four main filter caps. Once done, I tested everything again. Everything worked. I moved on to the right amp board. I replaced five caps (C2, C5, C11, C15, and C16), three transistors (Q1...
  22. Flip69

2245 - FM Stereo, but No Stereo Light

I have found several threads that address stereo light issues. However, I have not found any clear answer to this situation. I am finishing up work on a 2245. The stereo light bulb is good. It comes on as it should in phono, aux, etc. It does not come on in FM. The FM alignment is...
  23. Flip69

Marantz 2245 - L551 Replacement

I am working on a 2245. The L551 coil on the P550 board is damaged. One of the leads/terminals got pulled off. I removed the wrapping. It might be possible to solder a new lead onto the fine copper wire. However, I think any repair will be tricky. Is there a replacement available?
  24. Flip69

2245 Troubleshooting Help - No Sound

I am working on a 2245. Here is what I have done so far: Deoxit cleaning of all pots and switches. Replaced all of the electroytics, as well as the H801, H802, H811, H812, H813, H808, H809, and H810 diodes and transistors on the P800 power supply board. Also installed a new relay. Replaced the...
  25. Flip69

2245 Troubleshooting - Output Transistors?

I am working on a 2245. When I started working on it, this was the status: powered up relay clicked no sound through speakers or headphones sound through dubbing out no sound when source plugged directly into main in when running pre out through another amp, sound through the speakers, but one...
Back
Top Bottom