Search results

1. Hugo65

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

2. Hugo65

technics sl-js1

You're not, by any chance, trying to play a transparent record, are you?
  3. Hugo65

Advice needed SME Series III tonearm will not track

Here are some ideas: 1. check the stylus tip. Is it still there? If so, is it clean or is gunk building on the tip? 2. did you set the anti-skating accordingly, like 1.5g, so it matches the VTF? 3. A V15 IV can track up to 1.75g with the brush "activated", so you can try further increasing the...
  4. Hugo65

5. Hugo65

Settings Shure M95ED cart on Pioneer PL-A45D TT

Fala, marini! Já usei uma dessas e gostei muito! Set it @ 1.1g and enjoy life! Tracking that light may not be good for the stylus, nor the record. Cheers!
  6. Hugo65

7. Hugo65

A 1950’s Brazilian pressing…
  8. Hugo65

get p-mount mc cartridge! Technics 310MC

One of my favorite carts! I'm playing with mine as I type this. Enjoy it.
  9. Hugo65

The P-Mount owners club

I’ve been thinking about this for some time now. Got this VN45HE frame without stylus and a broken square shank and now it fits the V15LT. A snug fit. Just now I realize it could have been done without breaking the frame (see pic 2). I may try this with my VN45 SAS one day...
  10. Hugo65

Have you used this Retipper?

"Groovetickler" is his Instagram moniker...
  11. Hugo65

Technics SL-L3 replacement needle or cartridge/needle?

Have you tried raising the VTF a little? This may compensate for the difference in weight between an original stylus and an aftermarket one. On the other hand, beware of the VTF that a "black diamond" stylus requires. That may be out of your TT's range.
  12. Hugo65

13. Hugo65

Mr Big
  14. Hugo65

Chick Corea - The Mad Hatter
  15. Hugo65

16. Hugo65

Technics SL7 cart mount screw?

There's a nut fixed inside the...er...headshell that the tip of the screw is automatically threaded into. Some NOS cartridge/1/2" adapter combos come with screws that can be used in that application.
  17. Hugo65

HELP Unique situation with Technics SL7 (video included)

Hey, watch his video before attempting anything. At 14'25" the guy shows how to move the tonearm assembly. You have to spin the tonearm belt pulley with your finger and the tonearm will move. DO NOT mess around with the big white gear! Don't touch it. The cartridge screw must be inserted from...
  18. Hugo65

Anyone Try NEAT Cartridges?

I have a Neat Vertex V-70. It sounded beautifully with its long gone original 0.005 conical stylus. Very clean, pleasant sound. Unfortunatelly, it does not fit the SMEIII carriers, so it sits in the drawer...
  19. Hugo65

Tracking weight for adapted P-mount cartridge

If it is a true T4P compliant stylus (usually, only the original styli are), then 1.25g is the correct VTF, regardless of being adapted to half-inch mount or the headshell used.
  20. Hugo65

Thorens TD125MK2 incoming...

I'm listening to a Weather Report album on my TD125 MkII right now. It's got an SME Series III tonearm. Bought it in 2000. Edit: My V15s are in the drawer. I'm running a NOS M95ED I bought 8 years ago.
  21. Hugo65

Opa! Se precisar de alguma dica sobre a M95, estamos aí. Abraço e que dê resultado.
  22. Hugo65

Based on all I've read about the Analogis styli, I'd try 1.5 grams and give it time to burn in (30 to 50 hours of play). That's the VTF indication I saw on an EVG black diamond's box. An M95 is certainly an upgrade compared to the M75, specially in the higher frequencies, at which the M95 is...
  23. Hugo65

Technics SL7 tone-arm not moving :(

:lurk:
  24. Hugo65

Linear tracking turntables

Sorry, I don't think removing the platter mat is necessary. All you have to do is undo 45 adaptor, then undo the hex nut and pull up the platter by inserting screws, or some type of "hook", into the two little holes near the center, to use as a handle. I usually use a small curved thin little...
  25. Hugo65

Back
Top Bottom