Search results

1. LPplayer

Are these Klipsch Heresy or early clones?

What do I have here? A member suggested Klipsch Heresy. I see the resemblance but there is no branding. They seem to be very efficient. One horn isn’t working. The cabinets measure 22 ½ x 19 x 13 ½ inches. The L-pad is a Shield. My Dad said he bought them mail order in the early 60s.
  2. LPplayer

How far should my turntable be from other electronics

I'm finally ready to buy an equipment rack for my system. I'm concerned about locating my Rega Planar 3 with a moving magnet about 6" directly above my McIntosh C52. It is possible to move it an additional 9" lower, or is the preamp well shielded enough to not be concerned about noise,hum, etc.?
  3. LPplayer

Did you replace your MC452 with an MC462? And why?

Just wondering if I should have waited for the much newer 462. I kept my 275 but have never plugged it in again...
  4. LPplayer

Best and simplest TV sound feed to an analog stereo amp

Greetings from MN! :confused: My Yamaha RX-V373 AV receiver has never done very well with 2 channel TV audio from my Altec bookshelf 887A speakers, especially when it comes to voice reproduction. (Tivo Bolt with a Comcast cable card). I've enjoyed stereo since the Ventures Telstar album came...
  5. LPplayer

Selling an MA5100 Dual 1215S and B&O RX2

A very close friend of mine asked for help in selling these pieces. All are in really nice shape and working. The 5100 has had outputs transistors replaced and some recapping done, but that was almost 20 years ago. Also includes a beautiful L12 cabinet. I hate shipping equipment but CL has so...
  6. LPplayer

Would like Dire Straits and Rush recommendations

I've never paid a lot of attention to these two groups but would like your recommendations for what would be a 3 or 4 LPs each to look for from them. Call it a "starter set?" I enjoy Neil Young, Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, The Doors, Moody Blues, Linda Ronstadt, Beatles, Fleet Foxes, Chicago...
  7. LPplayer

PayPal doesn’t protect the seller when the item is picked up

Perhaps some sellers here know this fact already, but it finally happened to me. I listed two vintage chairs on CL about a month ago. The next day I get a call from a northern MN area code. The buyer said she wanted them and would be coming to the Twin Cities the next day to visit relatives and...
  8. LPplayer

What the heck is that?

A sale in my hood has these 5 pieces along with some older SS power amps for sale. Any help would be appreciated! The photos are pretty small, I know. Thanks!
  9. LPplayer

Vikings at Home Feb 4th!

There's a very good chance that the team that lost The Big One four times will not disappoint again. :beerchug:
  10. LPplayer

Build a JBL sub?

Hi All- I recently rediscovered my salvaged single 1970s Bozak E-305 (cabinet only, about 27 x 20 x 15 deep inside) into which I had planted a single JBL 2220B 16 ohm and covered up the other openings. I also installed an Altec 100A Bass Energizer low pass filter. Because of where it was stored...
Back
Top Bottom