Search results

1. JWinTN

I need a single action revolver

If you’re going for a .22 and don’t want to get the Single Six—I’d be going back to get that Single Ten—you might want to look at the EAA Bounty Hunter line.
  2. JWinTN

Hello!

Welcome. I'd like to invest in the 24-piece set.
  3. JWinTN

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Thanks, man. I’m still pretty jazzed about it.
  4. JWinTN

I’m just gonna paste this quote to avoid the thumb typing: “He presented his book as an abridged version of the "original" (i.e. fictional) Princess Bride, written by S. Morgenstern (a fictional person). The literary device let Goldman gleefully write only the “good parts” of his own story.”
  5. JWinTN

I’m something of a book collector to a degree, so I’m stoked just to have found it. When I picked it up, I wasn’t sure if it was actually a first edition or not, just that it was a nice copy of a great book for a couple of bucks. Even after verifying that it’s a first edition I figured it...
  6. JWinTN

I’ve avoided estate sales for a while now but happened across one today so I stopped in. I met a cool guy who keeps a booth at a local antique store, and then I paid two bucks for a first edition of The Princess Bride. I don’t think it’s ever even been read.
  7. JWinTN

"Please help me I'm fallin'........

Emmylou’s version of “The Boxer” gets me every time. The vocal harmonies are fantastic.
  8. JWinTN

I got to see Loretta at the Ryman the weekend of her 85th birthday. She sang with both her sisters. It was a special night.
  9. JWinTN

That’s the good thing about so much music out there, you can go through all the phases you want to. So much C&W has such a pure sense of craftsmanship even in the commercial sphere of it. Songs that stick close to the complexity of simple human emotions. Dolly, Emmylou, and Linda together are...
  10. JWinTN

6GM5 Sylvania’s

I have a shoebox or two of sockets. Maybe I oughta look through them sometime. I’m no tech, so I really don’t know what I’m going to do with them. Do Novar sockets have a defining characteristic?
  11. JWinTN

6GM5 Sylvania’s

I made a deal on a bunch of stuff a few years back—I was most interested in the Fisher X-100-C that was part of the deal—and ended up with a bunch of tubes. This box was a part of the lot. For whatever reason I was looking through the boxes yesterday and re-found the one in the picture, so it...
  12. JWinTN

6GM5 Sylvania’s

I guess that’s why these ended up stuck in this box.
  13. JWinTN

Vintage audio technician in Atlanta

Paging @GordonW Hopefully he’ll be along and can give you some info.
  14. JWinTN

Coyotes: Good Or Not So Good?

Well, are the geese gone? That coyote looks a little worried about it.
  15. JWinTN

https://twistedsifter.com/2012/05/hyena-handlers-of-nigeria/
  16. JWinTN

There used to be a few coyotes who frequented the pasture behind my house. I watched them pounce on rodents in the field more than a few times. It was also fun to see them dart out of a tree line at a rafter of turkeys only to be left standing there like Wile E., looking confused. Another...
  17. JWinTN

The first hogs in the Americas were domesticated. They got loose and got wild. Then, much later, wild boar were brought for hunters, and then those got loose and bred with the former domesticated stock. Humans are responsible for the proliferation of hogs in the Americas. Them hogs need...
  18. JWinTN

Swine are not native to the Americas. They floated over on boats.
  19. JWinTN

Sometimes the offender earns the indifference. Sometimes what one considers inconvenient is a true cause of concern for another. And then sometimes, things just need killin’. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coyote-attack-man-kills-bare-hands-attacked-toddler-child-exeter-kensington-new-hampshire/...
  20. JWinTN

Help Cataloging with Discogs

When I catalog my records, I use the following “system.” I go to the master release, then organize by catalog number. Then I go through the catalog number and open a browser tab for each version from the country of origin. I then look through pictures and close each tab with labels different...
  21. JWinTN

Zenith Consoles

You have to be a site supporter to access the sales area here, called Bartertown. You can subscribe for $25. As of now, your thread is breaking the rules—it could be construed as an attempt to sell outside of the proper forum. With that said, there's thousands of consoles out there, and most of...
  22. JWinTN

My vintage system

That has everything I like about this hobby. Congratulations on the acquisition.
  23. JWinTN

Electro-Voice Patrician 700

They may not have perfect sound, but they have a certain je ne sais quoi, especially when matched with contemporary equipment and music. I really enjoy mine. To each his own, though. I do like the IV better.
  24. JWinTN

New from East TN

Welcome to AK. My ancestors were some of the first settlers in Baileyton. I know it relatively well. Enjoy the new system.
Back
Top Bottom