Search results

1. Sansui77

Unveiling the Legendary Sansui AU 9900: The Amplifier Built to Last! Restoration on YouTube.

Nice amp but I wouldn't say it's legendary though.
  2. Sansui77

Anyone else pairing their Alpha with vinyl?

Currently running a AU-1111 Mos Vintage with an SR-929.- AT540MLB. Great combo. I have these that I need to see how they sound with vinyl , 907 Limted, 907 NRA, SR-838. Cheers.
  3. Sansui77

Best Sounding Portable Speaker(s) for Traveling

Hi All, Everytime I go away on holidays I struggle with not having good sounding music. I would love for people's reviews on what you think are the best portable speaker or speakers setup to take with you when you travel? *It must be portable enough to put in your luggage without taking up...
  4. Sansui77

Show Me Your Sansui!

Sansui AU-1111 Mos Vintage / Sansui SR929. This setup hasn't changed in a while so good things must be happening here.
  5. Sansui77

What's the most coherent sounding 2-way speakers you've ever heard ?

Old post now but this was a 2 way speaker thread, not a 3 way. Anyway, I just want to put it out to Thero. I've heard most British speakers including the Japanese NS series of speakers. The NS1000 imaged very well. Have a fantastic sound stage but they lacked bottom end bass due to the sealed...
  6. Sansui77

LS5/9 Graham Audio vs Bestvox vs Rogers

Hi Guys, I'm looking to upgrade my speakers. I had a pair of Harbeth SHL5 plus' which I enjoyed. I'm interested in the following speakers. If anyone has had a set what do they think of them? My room size is (6 x 3.5 meters) Graham Audio Bestvox Rogers
  7. Sansui77

AU-111 Design by Engineer Chiwaki Kubo

Nice Pete, Love my AU-111. Will be with me for a very long time. Cheers
  8. Sansui77

The Vinyl Thread / Best Pressings / Albums you Love

What are the albums & pressings in your collection you really like? List them;
  9. Sansui77

Harbeth Owners Thread

What Harbeths do you own?
  10. Sansui77

Drummers! Post pics of your kit!

Decided to get the kit out to give a dust for both the kit and myself. Haven't played for over 12 years and geez I'm a bit stiff haha. I love this kit. Will get back into it someday.
  11. Sansui77

Speakers upgrade 10K or under

I have a set of Harbeths SHL5 Plus' which I really like. They are around 6 years old. I am thinking of upgrading them but is there something that can compete under 10K? Your thoughts.
  12. Sansui77

Pics of your listening space

Very excited. My system made it on Steve Guttenberg - Audiophiliac YouTube system review.
  13. Sansui77

Have you compared sansui integrateds to Hegels?

Will a Hegel be around in 40years time and be classed as a vintage classic like our beautiful Sansuis......:idea: probably not. It will probably be more rare due to a limited units still working. That's said, you can't compare a vintage amplifier to a Hegel in sound and performance BUT what i do...
  14. Sansui77

Pics of your listening space

I recently had a room change with new floors. The cabinet did not match due to it been a pine colour. After multiple days of stripping the cabinet, sanding, painting etc I think it came up ok. I decided to give the Rogers a listen until I wait my speaker upgrade. They sure don't disappoint...
  15. Sansui77

Sansui's most powerful best sounding tube amplifier,

Most detailed depends on how good ones ear is. I think the most powerful tube was the AU-111 & Vintage etc. Transistor is the BA5000. Mosfet is B2103 and AU-1111MV from memory.
  16. Sansui77

2022 Best Phono Preamps up to $1000

Looking for recommendations on Phono preamps up to $1000 using MM or MC carts or both. Can be current models or second hand models for better value etc. I have both Sansui SR-838 & SR-929 tables fitted with (MM) AT-440MLB & AT-540ML. All my integrated amplifiers have a lower volume compared to...
  17. Sansui77

Let's see your unique Stereo Cabinets and Entertainment Centers!

New floors means cabinet adjustment. Before After
  18. Sansui77

Best Temperature soldering without peel off solder pad

I use a 20 year old "Pace" soldering station. Built like a brick sh#thouse and still going strong. It's mainly set to 350 Deg C for soldering and that depends on the application. If your pads are coming off the boards it's either your temp is set too high or your technique removing components is...
  19. Sansui77

Sansui Alpha XR or DR ?

My NRA.
  20. Sansui77

Sansui Alpha XR or DR ?

I had this one, same as the one your looking at.
  21. Sansui77

Which of these sansuis would you keep ? Name Only 3 ?

I used to own this 907, the same one in your list. First generation Alpha.
  22. Sansui77

Which of these sansuis would you keep ? Name Only 3 ?

Back to my first answer is this will only depends on what your system ie, how each amp sounds when it pairs to your system or systems. I have a few systems that can be paired up to certain amps. Eg, the 70's amps don't pair well with my Harbeths but will pair better with some of the speakers...
  23. Sansui77

Sansui Alpha XR or DR ?

I don think it will be a huge difference between them both as they're similar in spec and made around the same time period. Personally I wouldn't buy it but I would sell the XR and go for the big boy in it's series or one of the top Alphas :dunno: that's just my two cent what I would do. Good luck
Back
Top Bottom