Search results

1. J

so I'm getting a all in one disc player

I was unaware that SA-CD would not play over an Optical audio line, my speakers have optical audio in, or S/PDIF. I thought, I could connect directly into that and get SA-CD quality. Now I am seeing it may take more work to set up a proper system. I will do a bit more research. I was not...
  2. J

Oh I got Leon Russell and the Shelter People, and Alice Cooper Muscle of Love
  3. J

I'm getting the Sony UBP-X800 it's a 4k UHD Blu Ray Player, but plays pretty much any disc there is, including SA-CD
  4. J

thanks for all the replies, I went ahead and ordered 2 mobile fidelity SA-CD's, they are hybrid so I can listen to them in regular CD, until I get my SA-CD player probably in September. I have some Edifier 120 watt speakers that I'll be plugging it directly into, and these speakers sound...
  5. J

I have never heard a SA-CD play, is the quality noticeably better than a regular CD? I have ordered 2 of them, to go with my new SA-CD player I am getting. I am not sure I will end up buying a lot of SA-CD's, because there is not a huge amount of album I like on the format, but when I see an...
  6. J

So I decided to just get a 4K UHD BLu ray player as my media player, it plays everything even SA-CD discs, an so I was browsing the SA-CD's available, and I came across one that I really would like to give a listen, Alice Cooper's Muscle of Love, only thing is it's a Quad release, I've never...
  7. J

are there any good all in one turntables?

well for the budget I was hoping to keep it under $250 I think that is a good budget for what I am seeking out, these are not high quality turntables I realize, I mean they are not audiophile quality I mean, I do want a decent one that won't eat my records, and has loud enough audio, and I've...
  8. J

are there any good all in one turntables?

I am going to be moving probably late this year/early next year, and I will be in a smaller place, and I was wondering if there is a good all in one turntable that is made? Something like the Crosley type collegiate players? Only NOT a Crosley haha, I know that Crosley's are basically junk...
  9. J

German pressings of Frank Zappa reissues are awesome

Anyone see the upcoming release of the Mothers of Invention album Absolutely Free? That is one of my favorite Zappa albums, it's a 2 LP set, I can't wait to hear what extra stuff they include. I have been catching up on all the Zappa vinyl reissues, I just got 3 in the mail today. I think I'm...
  10. J

what subwoofer for an Onkyo TX-8020 receiver?

thanks butch, I understand what you're saying, that I can get a powerful subwoofer, and then just turn it down if it's too loud, but better to go with more power and have the option of turning it down, rather than get one that is not powerful enough. There are many in the 100 to 150 watt range...
  11. J

what subwoofer for an Onkyo TX-8020 receiver?

Hi, I recently got my Onkyo TX-8020 receiver and got it all hooked up and it sounds great, but it has an output for a subwoofer. I am unsure how powerful or what size of a subwoofer I should get for a receiver of this size. The receiver outputs 50 watts per speaker, and I am outputting 2...
  12. J

receiver connection to speakers question

thanks, and actually last night I was reading my instruction manual, and it says it's good for speakers from 4-16 ohm, I was confused at first, because I went into setup mode on my receiver, and it only let me choose between 4 and 6 ohms for speaker output. Apparently 8 ohms speakers is just...
  13. J

receiver connection to speakers question

I am not sure if this should be in the speakers forum or the receiver forum, but I have a question that affects both my receiver I just got and my speakers. I got an Onkyo TX-8020 receiver, and it allows the adjustment of the OHMS output to the speakers selection between 4 and 6 ohms. I looked...
  14. J

Pro-Ject Essential III Turntable With Ortofon OM-10 Cartridge

just wondering, what is better a leather mat or a cork mat? Or a rubber mat? it comes with a felt one and I know those are the worst, but as for what's the best I am not sure.
  15. J

question before I buy a new receiver

My receiver will be here tomorrow, I just checked tracking on it, I ended up going with the Onkyo TX-8020 model. It's 50 watts per channel. I went with that since I have 120 watts maximum Sony speakers. I also have a turntable coming in the mail and it should be here by next weekend as well...
  16. J

do you know what thickness of rubber mat is best to use on this turntable? I might order one so I can have it soon after it arrives. I do not like felt mats, I hope this turntable turns out to be as good as I've heard. I had considered an automatic turntable, but I've read they are not as...
  17. J

Onkyo TX-8020

Went ahead and ordered the Onkyo TX-8020 receiver and should have it by next weekend, I ordered this one as it has 50 watts per channel output. I have Sony speakers already and they are 120 watt speakers, and I didn't want to have to buy new speakers like I would have if I bought a new receiver...
  18. J

Is OLED worth the extra money??

I have seen the OLED TV's and they look worth the money to me, only problem is I set a budget for what I will spend on a TV, and they are over my budget, and so for me they are just above my budget, but for others I'm sure they are worth it, but I'd definitely old out for the ATSC 3.0 tuner...
  19. J

I have never used an Ortofon cartridge before, I have used various Shure cartridges always, they were always good sounding to me, but I never really read up on cartridges, just always used the Shure brand because that's what came with my turntable and I thought it sounded good so just stuck...
  20. J

Well I went ahead and ordered a turntable after some weeks of trying to figure out what to get, I went with the Pro-Ject Essential III with an Ortofon OM-10 Cartridge and stylus. It was $299 and that was about as high as I had hoped to go if possible to get something good, and from what I have...
  21. J

Is OLED worth the extra money??

I was hoping to get a 4K TV in 2018, but now that I hear they have actually produced an 8K TV, I'm not sure I will, I'll probably just wait till 8K TV's come down in price, because I don't actually have any 4K content to watch, and my TV is actually pretty good that I have now, and why buy...
  22. J

Need advice on how to pull the cable TV plug

you might want to check into the ATSC 3.0 information I just read about a few days ago, it's a new standard that is already in LG TV's, and I am unsure if new antenna's will be required for it, but I have read some TV stations are already broadcasting in it, and that by 2018, they expect to see...
  23. J

you know I have thought about that too, that rock records from the 50's - the 80's are probably not going to sound any better than they do on a regular CD or on a vinyl record. I bought the new Beatles Sgt. Pepper 6 disc release and I couldn't tell any difference between the original Mono...
  24. J

yeah I think I will end up going with a Yamaha receiver, they seem probably a better choice than an Onkyo, I've read up on them since yesterday, and it gets better reviews it seems, and the CD player I was planning to get, I might end up getting for my disc player a Sony 4K UHD blu ray player...
  25. J

is the Wolfson 192/24 DACs a good one? It's the one in the CD player I plan to buy. I do not know all the various DAC's in production today, are there a lot of various kinds, or only a few? Or should I look for a CD player with a better DAC? If you know of a better DAC let me know and I will...
Back
Top Bottom