Search results

1. doji

JBL 4312A speaker crossover recap

If I add a air coil to the LF circuit , will it get cleaner and better bass? As the 3112 crossovers are all a direct pass on LF, so it's a full range signal in the LF part anyway.
  2. doji

question about the crossover - why 3112A, B, C schematic doesn't have the air coil inductor at all ? Only shows on 3112D? Is 3112D better than the others?
  3. doji

Thanks. Just ordered the Dayton caps set for my project, plus a desoldering pump for shit happen fixes. :) One subwoofer cone got a crack (looks like hit by something during move), I am thinking of recone it but the white color Auqaplas kit is a bit expensive.. Maybe I can just use some...
  4. doji

I picked up a good shape pair of JBL 4312A speakers. And I want to recap the crossover. I found the parts list at this thread: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/jbl-4311s-system-complete-for-now.106180/ CAPS FOR REBUILDING A PAIR OF JBL 3112 NETWORKS YEILDING "IMPROVED...
  5. doji

B&W 802 series 80 - can the tweeter , midrange , bass units be replaced with newer models

I've got a very nice pair of B&W 802 Series 80 speakers, and I love it sounds hooking up with McIntosh. I am wondering - if I want to replace (upgrade) the speaker's units like tweeter , mid-range and bass with newer models, will that fit to the cabinet and design specs? Worth the efforts...
  6. doji

Help - MC 2105 suddenly no sound

Final update to make it a closure: I took the amp to the technician who did the recap on it 3 years ago. He nailed the root cause - It's the soldering points loosen on the driver board for one channel, hence the weak output level at the speaker.. Will pick up in another week, as the...
  7. doji

About preamp C50

I am going to snap up a MC402 from a retired man, he has a C50 preamp for $3500 in excellent condition. Wonder how good this preamp is, and the price is a good bargain or not. As I have Audio Research L15 tube preamp already. Not sure if the C50 compare to it.
  8. doji

Update: Open the amp today, the Speaker On/Off switch is truly dead , I opened it gave a try but couldn't fix. so I did a by pass wiring to remove it from the circuit. The wire colors are: One channel: Brown wire + Purple wire connected to White wire One channel: Brown/white wire +...
  9. doji

Contacted Mcintosh parts department the answer is NO. I don't know if there is any alternative replacement parts available in the market, it's just a dual channel switch, it take some effort to find the one fits to the Mcintosh front plate..
  10. doji

is it possible to open the bad switch, fix and restore it back to functioning ? I will try this extra mile of run with my loved MC2105..
  11. doji

Thank you for the picture. Looks like the Yellow wire connecting two pins in each vertical side of the switch. Now I've got the idea.
  12. doji

Mcintosh power amp - replace the two pin power cord

Love the discussion group here. I am going to replace the old shaky power cord with a better two prong cord, as the old one seems at end of its life anyway. Back to the speaker On/Off switch - is it possible to rejuvenate it? like open it up and clean up the rusts and lubricate it and...
  13. doji

Yeah the switch is proved dead. I put it at ON position, but the meter shows no reading as it's broken.
  14. doji

Mcintosh power amp - replace the two pin power cord

I wanna replace the old two pin power cord with a better 3 pin power cord. Question - how to connect a 3 pin power cord to an old MC2105 power amp? where to put the ground wire? connect to the chasis?
  15. doji

Wonder if I can totally bypass this Speaker On/Off switch, and set it as 'ON' permanently. I see there are 4 pins have wires, I guess each channel has a pair, maybe add a jumper wire to connect each channel's two pins will make the bypass working. Now the question - which pin to which pin...
  16. doji

Here are some updates: 1. I did open the amp's bottom, and spray DeoxIT on to the speaker on/off switch. 2. Then after a few exercise with the switch, it got even more stiffer, and I think it's now totally stuck at some position which is not the ON. 3. Plug the amp back in, while power...
  17. doji

I hope the speaker on/off switch is not totally dead :) But coincidentally, the amp lost his sound after my friend's 1 year old played with this switch (when the amp was power off, then afternoon my wife turned on for music but none came out so she reported the issue). I will take it out and...
  18. doji

Thanks. What's the difference between these two?
  19. doji

Help needed. My MC2105 suddenly lost its sound. I tried clean up the pots, and then still the same. I plugged in the headphone, I can hear sound on left ear pretty clear and strong, but the right ear sound is very weak. The meter's needles don't move at all. I swapped out the MC2105 ...
  20. doji

DIY turntable - build a VPI like turntable on a piece of live edge bur

wow! that's a lot deep into the wood stuff. I thought of the uncertainty with burl live edge material, was thinking of making a platform out of it as the first idea. but I really want to have a turntable growing on a piece of natural live edge, so I'm gonna do it just for the looking :)
  21. doji

DIY turntable - build a VPI like turntable on a piece of live edge bur

I am new to turntable DIY. I have a fantasy - build a nice looking turntable on a piece of live edge bur wood. It can be VPI like setup - * An external motor (found 'Jasmine Audio' motor for $300 on eBay) * A thick platter (metal or anything else, found some on eBay about $400~ $600) * A...
  22. doji

Getting crazier into tube world of sound. And turntables are dangerous to play with.

Getting crazier into tube world of sound. And turntables are dangerous to play with.
  23. doji

Dynaco PAS3 - hiss noise with modern SS power amp

Yes, I ordered the combo set, not the Z-Mod version.:no: As suggested with buffer solution, I just found one local sale, YAqin 6J1. Will try to get it and see if this kills the hiss. Wish me good luck.
  24. doji

Huge thanks!! I guess I'd better try the buffer device first and see how it goes before any mods inside the PAS3. I've ordered the PAS3 upgrade kits (PCB5,6 and PSU) anyway, and really want to get hands on with it no matter what... :banana: It's just a fun DIY thing to do.. Will keep...
  25. doji

Will it help if I bypass the tone controls on the PAS 3?
Back
Top Bottom