Search results

1. 78_towncar_4

Concept 11.0 restoration recap et. al.

I finally tested it, and the balance is working now! I didn't want to reconnect to my main speakers, so I finally remembered that the EVM speakers in my guitar amp are 8-ohm. The loudness control is still a little bit scratchy, but much better than before (very loud noises when touching it)...
  2. 78_towncar_4

I was mainly after the balance and loudness controls. The left channel output was intermittently low volume, but not very scratchy when moving the control. The loudness on the other hand is very scratchy. I am thinking there are other problems with the left channel, but was going to clean the...
  3. 78_towncar_4

Were the small holes on the sides of the tone control, loudness, and balance pots enough for cleaning, or did you end up removing each pot to clean from the bottom side?
  4. 78_towncar_4

Thanks. I must've missed those pictures. I'd like to avoid removing anything with the tuner. I attempted to replace the cord on a small am/fm radio and had an awful time with it haha. What do you recommend for cleaning up the dust? It seems the vacuum cleaner is not recommended. I don't...
  5. 78_towncar_4

I would like to clean the pots on my 11.0, but unfortunately, they are buried underneath the tuner dial. I hate to remove the tuner dial and cord, but I don't really want to blast cleaner all over the place. I know if won't damage anything but still. From those who have taken these apart, it...
  6. 78_towncar_4

Sony belt replacement?

Are the belts relatively universal as long as you are in the ballpark for size?
  7. 78_towncar_4

Teac PD-X100 Jamming Issue

Bump, any ideas?
  8. 78_towncar_4

Teac PD-X100 Jamming Issue

I have a Teac PD-X100, which is a 100-disc changer. It had regular use from the time it was new until about 2007. It has been sitting mostly unused since then. There is a problem with the loading and unloading sequence. Looking over the laserology sticky, it’s obviously a mechanical problem...
  9. 78_towncar_4

Volume R vs L not the same, I suspect the amplifier

It is the output wires to the speakers that I switched--not the input. The problem is intermittent so it went away after I did that, but I would still suspect something with the amplifier. I will attempt to look for something mechanical. The length of the cable are different by about 8...
  10. 78_towncar_4

Volume R vs L not the same, I suspect the amplifier

Hello. The amplifier in question is called a Concept 11.0. It is old and has probably never been serviced. That being said, I have never noticed anything strange about it, other than some very light static/scratching noises (very faint and only audible when no music is playing). I recently...
  11. 78_towncar_4

Attenuator for a car stereo?

It's an Alpine CDA-9856. The subwoofer amplifier is connected to the subwoofer RCA outputs. The speakers are not amplified. The amplifier is a Profile AP-600 with a JL Audio subwoofer. I don't remember any of the model numbers on the speakers, other than that they were Infinity Kappa, but...
  12. 78_towncar_4

With no rear speakers, I already utilize the fader, which is set to rear 5 out of 7, so the volume with the front fade is much too loud and overpowers the subwoofer. The car has door speakers, so they are sitting right next to you, whereas the subwoofer is sitting in the trunk. It's about as...
  13. 78_towncar_4

Hello. I have an old car that has a subwoofer in the trunk. The subwoofer is not very loud, so I opted to disconnect the rear package shelf speakers. Now there are just the front door speakers. When the rear speakers were connected, the bass had to be up very high, and I don't want to bother...
  14. 78_towncar_4

How do record phono into computer (can I use tape source on Concept 11.0)?

The manual states that the auto-stop is a magnetic sensor. I don't really care enough to try to open the thing up to look inside, but I would imagine that a magnetic sensor isn't highly adjustable (maybe you can move it physically), but then again, I know nothing about it. This particular...
  15. 78_towncar_4

Ok, so I found a 45rpm center adapter. It seems that this turntable is out of adjustment (Concept 2QD). I has an auto start and auto stop feature. You can manually start the turntable, but the auto-stop seems to be non-negotiable. It stop the record too soon (probably a minute before the...
  16. 78_towncar_4

Ok. I switched back to the phono input and went out from the preamp out. Seems to work fine. I really have zero baseline on what sounds good or not as I have never tried this before. This record I am trying to rip was recorded originally in 1910....no idea when this was pressed. It looks...
  17. 78_towncar_4

I have a Concept 11.0. I would like to record an old 45rpm onto the PC. I thought I would record the phono output directly into the computer line-in, but that is a very quiet signal of course. The Concept 11.0 also has Tape 1 in/out, Tape 2 in/out, and a pre-amp out. There is no phono out...
  18. 78_towncar_4

Computer front panel headphone wiring....should it be grounded?

I cannot see the actual headphone jack wiring. It simply comes off the front panel along with the microphone wiring and falls into the typical motherboard HD audio header. 9-pin with one blank. Pin 2 is a "ground" and must be for both the headphones AND the microphone. That is why I am sort...
  19. 78_towncar_4

Computer front panel headphone wiring....should it be grounded?

I have a computer case that I occasionally use the front panel headphone jack (3.5mm or 1/8" TRS style). This is an older computer case and has two USB 2.0 inputs, a firewire input, and then a microphone and headphone jack. I was prepared to replace the old USB module with an updated USB3.1...
  20. 78_towncar_4

Oldest Amp / Receiver You Own That Has Never Had to be Serviced

My only amplifier would be my Concept 11.0...I don't know the production years on these or what year mine was built but I know they are mid to late 1970s. Hasn't had any service and I don't think it needs any.
  21. 78_towncar_4

Take a listen to this broken chorus pedal...what is wrong?

I tried switching inputs on the pedal from the VS one spot but I did not try playing with just a 9v. The 9v battery seems to have cleared things up. Battery voltage was 8.5 and the voltage from the adapter was 9.5... Has something gone wrong with my adapter? It happened all of a sudden...
  22. 78_towncar_4

Videos are back up! Thanks muffler bearings :yes:
  23. 78_towncar_4

Sorry, this should work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMpGl7akvm0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9wK05HawMM
  24. 78_towncar_4

Hi, Here is a video I made...it shows what has been going on with my pedal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMpG...nel_video_title http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9wK...nel_video_title Any ideas on what the culprit might be? I have had this pedal about 2 years and it was new when...
  25. 78_towncar_4

several question about FLAC and other audio formats.

Winamp -free -tons of features -tons of free mods/skins/plugins -not a resource hog I have tried other players but have found Winamp to be simple and clean...lots of customization that you can do in regards to hotkeys, preferences, etc. I have been using it since probably 1998 or 1999...
Back
Top Bottom