Search results

1. F

Anyone using a crown xls amp with their psb stratus goldi's?

I'm currently using an emotiva basx a-300 (150 wpc) with my goldi's, and I feel they need more power. I've been looking at the crown xls 1502 or higher models. Any reason to look elsewhere in this price range? I've heard good things about the buckeye amps hypex 2 channel amp for a little more...
  2. F

Sharp RP-1288 worth a drive?

Looks like a decent table, but I can't find much info on it at all. I know sharp isn't highly regarded, but they had the optonica brand which was their attempt to compete with the higher end, and they were pretty good. I had an optonica rp-4705 which I rehabbed and gave to my daughter, and that...
  3. F

My incredible 771

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to chime in that I'm yet another that found success cleaning the driver board contacts! Picked up a 771 with a few other pieces, and when I first fired it up and had the hum. Checked on here and found the posts about the driver board and cleaned...
  4. F

Cleaning din tonearm cable connector

Yes, it's a female connector. Seems to be a problem with the connection where the din plugs into the the table, since wiggling it made it sound balanced again. My fear was tonearm wiring, seems not to be the case. Hoping I can clean it and avoid buying a new din tonearm cable as these seem...
  5. F

Cleaning din tonearm cable connector

I have a recently acquired Kenwood kd-550 that had a channel imbalance. After troubleshooting I've tracked it to the din connector that plugs into the bottom of the turntable. By wiggling it I was able to restore proper channel balance. Is the best way to clean this connector with deoxit? Spray...
  6. F

Need cartridge help for Kenwood kd-550

I just recently found a Kenwood kd-550. Was planning on putting my nagaoka mp-110 on it until I broke a pin on the back of it (don't ask, I'm an idiot). I bought the atvm95e and am very happy so far. At some point in the future when I have some audio windfall money I will think about upgrading...
  7. F

What would you do? Choice between a Thorens TD-160 and Kenwood KD-550

Sure. I get my hands on a Kenwood kd-550 and think I'm all done, no more searching, and then I read this. Thanks a lot:)
  8. F

What's wrong with my Yamaha yp-d6?

Well,the start/stop button is strictly mechanical. Took it apart and looked at it, kinda at a loss what to check yet, as I'm not as inclined as most of you, so I guess I'll take it to be looked at.
  9. F

What's wrong with my Yamaha yp-d6?

I listened to an album,it got done,the arm started to return,and the arm went partway through returning and set back down in the middle of the album. Lifted the arm and put it in the runout and it wouldn't auto return. Return arm to rest and notice the platter is still turning and there is a...
  10. F

Cerwin Vega D9 Tweeter replacement, do you think these two companies have the same product?

Don't know about replacing the horn assembly. I'm fine with them without the silver ring. And, yeah, I will either paint those screw heads or search through my screw collection for nicer looking examples.
  11. F

Cerwin Vega D9 Tweeter replacement, do you think these two companies have the same product?

They sound nice. Just listened to a few lp's with them. They almost take these speakers to an (date I say) audiophile level. Never quite get there for me though. The midrange on the d9's seems forced to me. With that 15" woofer I think they would have been better served with a 6 1/2" mid instead...
  12. F

I just replaced the tweeters in my d9's with the eminence apt-80's, $34 each at parts express. I would recommend them wholeheartedly. They have a much more pleasant, less shrill sound to my ears. Also go down to 3500 where the d9 x-over is for the tweet. The others I found only went down to...
  13. F

Help with cv d9 tweeters

I just ordered the eminence apt-80's. Took the magnets off the original tweets, no sign of a broken wire, so I'm guessing blown voice coil. Hope these fit and sound good.
  14. F

Help with cv d9 tweeters

The ones for $49.99 say cs5 in the title but are actually c5g tweets from the lower series, have a smaller different shaped magnet on them. The only real cs5's I found were $51 apiece and the guy didn't state whether they worked. I messaged him and he said he hadn't tested them.
  15. F

Help with cv d9 tweeters

I messaged the guy with the cs5's on epay and he hasn't tested them. I see parts express has some cheap drop in gsr replacements. Anyone have any experience with them?
  16. F

Help with cv d9 tweeters

Hello, I have a pair of d9's which have the ubiquitous blown horn tweeters. They get no reading on an ohmeter. I also have a pair of d2's with working tweeters. I have read that these are the same tweeters with the exception of the bigger magnet on the d9. As it is next to impossible to find a...
  17. F

Amp recommendations for psb stratus goldi's

I've heard good things about the crown xls1502, so I may pick one up as soon as I clear out some other gear I'm not using. I'd buy it from a dealer who has a good return policy just in case I'm not impressed.
  18. F

The only thing I've heard negative about the adcoms is their lack of speaker protection. That kinda scares me with a more expensive pair like the Psb's (expensive tome anyway).
  19. F

I checked out the stratus. Looks like it might be a lateral move from my emotiva amp. It's also 150 wpc and doubles at 4 ohm.
  20. F

I'm new to the biamping concept? What's a dsp? I'm guessing it allows you to use a separate amp for both the woofers and the mids\highs?
  21. F

Thanks! I'll check it out.
  22. F

I'll check out the b&k stuff. It would be in a basement so it's always cooler down there, heat shouldn't be too much of an issue.
  23. F

Any experience with the adcom gfa 555 or the parasound mca1200 mk2 or 1200ii? All are available locally for the same price.
Back
Top Bottom