3. wgtp

How often do you hit the thrift store?

I find some very good CD.s at some of them as expensive as 10 cents a hit
  4. wgtp

How many of you built Heathkits?

if anybody remembers the Nixie tube digital clock I built one of those
  5. wgtp

Pics of your listening space

The Crowns are for the subs I never used em on the Stats, Custom PC>Foobar,Monkeymote>X/O (various)>ML Vista, Magneplanar 1.6, Magneplanar MMG, SVS 20-39 Subs
  6. wgtp

Your using Soundlabs? which ones??
  7. wgtp

Front of room almost done
  8. wgtp

I had the SMG's back in the day they had a great midrange
  9. wgtp

I hate this site.

Reminds me of a friend I sez come over and check out my stereo, he replys no cause then I gotta go home and listen to my shit!
  10. wgtp

And the Racks Come tumbling Down

Good luck Mr. pig I hope something hits real soon
  11. wgtp

new space so far http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/picture.php?pictureid=30145&albumid=4208&dl=1441584805&thumb=1
  12. wgtp

Magnum Dynalab MD-90

I am just outside NYC & I love mine. Most stations come in almost full blow with just a folded dipole. Make sure you use quad shielded cable.
  13. wgtp

Headphone Amps

Thanx Mchaz I am interested in fidelity mostly. Amount of phones to power dosent matter. Budget is not a concern either. I see alot of little plastic/metal boxes out there that all almost seem the same. The hi-end stuff seems like b/s too. Thats why i am interested in pro stuff.....Thanx
  14. wgtp

Headphone Amps

Anythihg from 32 Ohm to 600 Ohm both closed & open style. I would like to buy about 4 pairs. Thanx
  15. wgtp

Headphone Amps

Any opinions on headphone amps from the Pro companies? Thanx Bill
  16. wgtp

Magnum Dynalab MD-90

Md-90 Despite it gets a bad rap from some other folks, I like mine (no remote). I am in a difficult to recieve situation and found that a single piece of wire ( dont remem how long) works best, but I still think I am doin something wrong.....
  17. wgtp

New Use For Soldering Iron?

Yeah so whats the big deal? I have been using a soldering Iron to remove molds,skintags,warts and other unidentifible skin lesions for years.........Ha Usually smells like a Good Steak..........:yes::yes:
  18. wgtp

Seeking the Depths of Ultrabadness in: Indoor FM Antennas

Magnum whip I have tried that, am up 21 stories up & even took it outside on the balcony not very good here..........
  19. wgtp

Seeking the Depths of Ultrabadness in: Indoor FM Antennas

I have been looking at this unit and a few more like it ,Sequerra,Audio Prism,etc this looks kinda DIY'ish. Does anybody know how its wound or constructed?
  20. wgtp

Magnaplanar speaker ?

Thanx Guys I was thinking about Brass elliptical thread wheels with locks ..sorry
  21. wgtp

Magnaplanar speaker ?

Maggies on wheels? I crossed over to the Mye stands on my 1.6's, great stuff. Was wondering if anybody has any thoughts or opinions on putting 2-4 inch wheels on them? Curious about changes in sound. Thanx Bill
  22. wgtp

Diy FM Antennas

Thanx to all for the responses, forgot to mention I am 21 stories up & all my views face East...........Thanx
  23. wgtp

Diy FM Antennas

I live just outside NYC in eastern Queens in a co-op cannot use a outdoor antenna & cable does not provide FM. Have tried a few Mfg'ed antennas of many types with my Magnum MD-90 and none really work to well. Was wondering if there is a DIY antenna article anybody was aware of for my situation...
  24. wgtp

What camera(s) do you own?

Which Cameras O yes heavy I remember in the early-mid seventies trading my Nikkormat EL for a ELW with the winder, Man now that was really heavy, yup they dont build em like that anymore.............. :beer:
  25. wgtp

What camera(s) do you own?

Back in the 70's I had a few OM'S got rid of my Nikons too heavy. the OM'S were a pleasure to use & not a pain, today I still shoot film but use a hi quality scanner to digitize......thanx
Back
Top Bottom