Search results

1. Katalyst

Space Conundrum

The alternative to the two chairs would be one small love seat. Solo listening could be centered on love seat.
  2. Katalyst

Stereo Imaging and Soundstage

The mono button is quite useful . I put the signal in mono first when placing speakers. Center the image with the side to side placement first. Get it as sharp/clear as you can. Toe in is next to set depth of sound placement. When you switch to stereo, the change will not be subtle. Quite fun to...
  3. Katalyst

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

I would love to see pictures of this. Historical value to me to see early design changes Marc made. I also have an XB in the wings for future modification.
  4. Katalyst

Why does this combo sound so good?

Pyrrho . Thank you for the link to the explanation of this "Synergy". Look at the dats impedance graph I posted. My Cornwall speakers have peaks where the "Synergy" is happening. Very cool to have data to explain the event.
  5. Katalyst

I tried a tube receiver with 30 watts a channel. Too much bass and lacked detail. Quite disappointing actually. The particular receiver had partial or full loudness switch.
  6. Katalyst

Help me pick out a cheap new(er) amp

Please let us know how the Yamaha compares to your "Dragon" referenced here. https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/why-does-this-combo-sound-so-good.1049039/#post-16853801
  7. Katalyst

I am very pleased in finding this pairing. No I gave up drinking, I was very good at it. Thank you for the detailed explanation. The preamp section of the Sherwood will also play a roll. The change just caught me by surprise.
  8. Katalyst

Here is the DATS of the Klipsch Cornwall II .
  9. Katalyst

What was the damping factor of each? This is what I think might be a piece of the puzzle. Thanks.
  10. Katalyst

I have 1986 Klipsch Cornwall speakers. The amp/receiver that sounds the best so far is a Sherwood S-9400CP. Why does it work? The others that have been tried are as follows. Crown ps200 power amp damping factor 400 . This had power to spare but a bit too dry. A Yamaha CA1000 damping factor 70...
  11. Katalyst

I was given this stack, any good? Cambridge Audio CD5 T100 A4

First in the search I did. http://www.audioreview.com/product/amplification/integrated-amplifiers/cambridge-audio/a4.html
  12. Katalyst

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

How does it sound with your favorite album?
  13. Katalyst

Dayton TT at Parts Express for $152 free shipping...

None of my audio devices are blue tooth capable.
  14. Katalyst

The turntable arrived. I hooked it up to a Yamaha CA-1000. Using the phono out on the turntable with the supplied rca cable. The bob weight for the anti skate is the only fiddley part of setup. Checked the alignment with the supplied tool. Test record to set tracking force was a used copy of...
  15. Katalyst

My sonic temple...new listening space under construction

I do not know. I do know rear ported speakers are affected by the distance of port to the wall. Stands to reason your ports would also be affected. It would be an interesting experiment.
  16. Katalyst

My sonic temple...new listening space under construction

Have you tried turning the added port extensions in different directions?
  17. Katalyst

Garrard SL95B Automatic Cycling + Service Manual

Files are to large to attach here. https://www.vinylengine.com/ve_downloads/index.php?garrard/garrard_sl_95b_en.pdf
  18. Katalyst

I just ordered one. I have been using vintage turntables until now. The variety of connectivity will be nice to have. The angled head shell does limit the number of choices for replacement. Here is one in wood...
  19. Katalyst

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

Mount the horn on top. Using the bottom as the top. Woofer and horn closer that way.
  20. Katalyst

Looking for Advice on Some New Larger Speakers to Pair with a Vintage Luxman

The Yamaha speakers had 92 db at 1 watt. Cornwall speakers are 99 db at 1 watt. I love my series II.
  21. Katalyst

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

Zilch did a design with a "helper" woofer.
  22. Katalyst

Wow! Can't beLieve it!

You chose wisely.
  23. Katalyst

Tried to help and was floored

Pictures of the setup please?
  24. Katalyst

Mr. Language Here, With a Favor

Literacy is the ability to read and comprehend . Typing is a different skill. One I am currently trying to acquire. No worries.
  25. Katalyst

Mr. Language Here, With a Favor

How do you type a paragraph break? I have not taken any typing classes. I tried Google to find the answer. No joy there.
Back
Top Bottom