Search results

1. A

SR 838 Turntable Owners - Do you want a 'Subweight'?

Good morning, were you able to get the O ring finalized. If so I would be interested in purchasing 1 or 2 as I have 2 SR 838's. Thanks Doug
  2. A

Sansui SR929 Cartridge recommendations

Good morning I have a SR 838 and am using the Ortofon 2m bronze with it. I found a Nagaoka MP50 with a MP30 stylus for next to nothing and was wondering if it would be a good fit. Also does anybody know what the effective mass for the SR838 tonearm is as I have not been able to find anything on...
  3. A

SR 838 Turntable Owners - Do you want a 'Subweight'?

Good morning I just saw this post and was wondering if you were able to have some of these made? I would be interested if its not too late. Thanks Doug
  4. A

Sansui AU719

Thanks guys I thought so but wanted to confirm it. much appreciate the advice of others.
  5. A

Sansui AU719

Good afternoon, I was wondering if my AU 719 will handle 4 or 6 ohm speakers? It has been recapped and still has the original output transistors. I am considering Monitor Audio Silver RS 6 or RS 8 speakers. Any advice and suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank You
  6. A

Sansui AU 719 Question

Rechecked DC onset and it had gone high, reset to 0v and now no pop. The variable resistor seems a little touchy so I may have to replace it. Again thanks John
  7. A

Sansui AU 719 Question

Thats kind of where I am at as well. There is no discolouration and the odor has all but gone away as well. I found the equalizer voltage on the F-3095 board was off on both channels so I adjusted them to 0v and now have a small click or pop sound on the left speaker when I turn it off as well...
  8. A

Sansui AU 719 Question

I also should have told you I am using 8ohm Boston A200 speakers and I do not have it playing very loud if that helps.
  9. A

Sansui AU 719 Question

Hi thanks for your reply Fhamre, The bias is 23mv fluctuating about +/- about .5 mv on both sides and offset is 0 mv and again fluctuates about .5 mv. I should have mentioned that in my first post. I have a 2nd AU 719 so I checked it as well and R12 gets pretty warm on it as well so I wonder if...
  10. A

Sansui AU 719 Question

I have just had my Au 719 recapped by a local tech and it sounds great. In the first hour of use I noticed a very feint burnt odor which seemed to be coming from the F2927 driver board. I found that R12 (4700 ohm) is quite hot to the touch ( takes a couple of seconds to feel it) but it is not...
  11. A

New to Me Sansui AU 719

Ok and again thank you for the information, I guess next step is to decide if I do this myself or find someone reliable close to do it for me. I do not want to ship it out. I do have some experience but only an older digital VOM for test gear.
  12. A

New to Me Sansui AU 719

I take it a recap is not enough so can you give me an idea of what a refurb consists of. I have looked at the boards very closely and I can not see any trace of the glue anywhere, is that possible?
  13. A

New to Me Sansui AU 719

Thanks for the help to all, the filter caps look like new (no bulging or leakage) so do you think they should be replaced? Also should I add bypass caps to them and if so what kind and size? I was thinking of recaping but it sounds very good. I will definitely replace the black flags before...
  14. A

New to Me Sansui AU 719

I purchased a 719 from a local guy who said he had inherited from his dad and to his knowledge it had not been used very much and was in storage for a few years. He was unaware of it ever being repaired or having any work done to it. He had it up and playing and It sounds great. Once I got it...
  15. A

Looking for some advice on cartridge please

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will check out the AT440MLB. Would an entry level preamp would be an improvement on the phono input of the AU-719.
  16. A

Thanks, what cartridge would you recommend as an improvement. I have heard Ortofon bronze but I am not sure if my system would do it justice
  17. A

Good afternoon, I am playing a Sansui SR-838 with a Audio Technica AT30HE high output MC cartridge into a Sansui AU-719 which has been recapped. My speakers are Boston Acoustics A200's and have been rebuilt as well. I am wondering if this set up is worth spending money on a better cartridge. I...
  18. A

Beat up Sansui SR-838

Good morning, I was wondering if you came up with a solution for the feet yet, I have a SR 838 with out feet and the tone arm rest is broken as well. Cover is in one piece but has a couple of deep scratches that probably won't polish out. I am hoping to get it functional and try it out as soon...
  19. A

Requesting advice on crossover rebuilding.

I have a pair of A200's that the mids and highs sound a bit flat. I have them connected to a Sansui Au719. I am considering a recap on so I would really appreciate it if you could list the values of caps and resistors you used for the recap. Also any suggestions that will help as I have never...
  20. A

Sansui SC 3330

Still working on it, temporary fix was to put a piece of 600 grit sand paper ( same size as felt disk) between the felt disk and metal component. I have played a couple of tapes and it seems to work but I don't want to use it as I am not sure if it will do more damage. This seems to confirm...
  21. A

Sansui SC 3330

Hey thanks for your input everyone, I had almost given up looking for help. I got the belt kit (5 belts) from Vintage Electronics as well. They are rather hard and don't seem very pliable but they do have a life time warranty. The only belt that is hard to change is the capstan belt, You...
  22. A

Sansui SC 3330

I need help with my SC 3330 cassette deck which has an issue with the tension arm assembly. In play back mode the tape take up tension is to loose and disengages during playback causing it to stop playing (like end of tape). When I remove tape there is about an inch of tape that has not been...
  23. A

Sansui SC3330 help

Good morning, my SC 3330 cassette deck has an issue with the tension arm assembly. In play back mode the tape take up tension is to loose and disengages during play causing it to stop playing (like end of tape). When I remove tape there is about an inch of tape that has not been wound up. Does...
  24. A

Sansui SR-838

Thanks for all the help much appreciated, I think the CW weighs in around 110gm which is more than I expected.
  25. A

Sansui SR-838

The stub diameter is 14mm, I have found a few CW's on eBay but the weights very from 87g to 106g and I am not sure how they adjust. I will post a picture as soon as I can. Thanks for the reply's
Back
Top Bottom