Search results

1. HiFiJeff

$1000 Speaker Shootout! Anyone want a ZU Audio Dirty Weekend and JBL Stage A-190 Shootout?

Well want it or not, it's happening this Thursday! And throughout the weekend. It's supposed to be a high of like 10 degrees on Saturday, so I'm not even opening my door let alone going outside. Lot's of listening time! Battle of the $1000 floor standers. What makes this even better, the JBL's...
  2. HiFiJeff

Bel Canto e.One Dac 2.7, any users or owners?

I just purchased this and it should be here by Friday. I am VERY much looking forward to it as I have heard Bel Canto Gear at RMAF in the past and have been impressed. I will post my impressions once it arrives. I was just wondering if anyone else has experience with Bel Canto gear and in...
  3. HiFiJeff

Hegel Rost.....Experience or owners?

I am going down today to pick up a new Hegel Rost from my local HI-FI Shop. They're pretty hard to find, they had to have one shipped from another store in another state to Colorado. I have ALWAYS wanted to own a Hegel. I have been very impressed with the listening sessions at my local HI-FI...
  4. HiFiJeff

OHM Walsh 1000's. Who has heard and have experience with these speakers?

So after a lot of research and conversations with Evan at OHM speakers, I decided to take the plunge. I ordered a pair of Walsh 1000 speakers. From everything I have read so far, the listening experience with these speakers is magical and an epiphany listening to music. It's a completely...
  5. HiFiJeff

95+dB efficient speakers. Floor Standing or Monitors?

Simple question. Looking for VERY easy to drive/efficient speakers to pair with my 1.5 watt per channel Alan Eaton 45 SET amp. The speakers I have now just aren’t doing it for me.
  6. HiFiJeff

Balanced pre-amps with balance control?

So I just got a pair of tube Monoblocks with volume control on each Monoblock. And having that is heaven sent. I can dial in the center image. Without volume control, I wouldn’t get that pinpoint imaging that I’m looking for. It’s a sweet way to fine tune your system. Anyway, I have SS...
  7. HiFiJeff

True Full Range, powerful speakers with great bass and large scale dynamics? Under $3000?

So I have been experimenting with different speakers in my two channel room for the past almost three years and finally got it right. Or I seem to think so. But it also has me wondering, what else is out there like it that maybe even has more punch and dynamics. I recently bought a pair of...
  8. HiFiJeff

Balanced XLR DAC to Unbalanced RCA tube amp inputs?

Does this degrade the sound quality and purpose of having balanced XLR outputs for the DAC if I need to covert it to unbalanced at the amps inputs?
  9. HiFiJeff

Subwoofer Review Archives!!!!! VERY Interesting! Especially for veterans of the audio game.

So. I have been raving about the RSL Speedwoofer 10s for going on three years now. There is a reason. It's good! It's REAL good. Now does it pressurize the room, dig down into the subsonic depths below 20hz that you feel more than you hear and that flexes your windows the way a big JTR, SVS, or...
  10. HiFiJeff

RSL Speedwoofer 10S, Best overall sub for 2020! By Brent Butterworth

Anyone looking for a spectacular sub that is one of the fastest and best musical subs I have ever heard, check out the RSL Speedwoofer 10S. I have raved about these subs for almost three years! I love my dual RSL's. I am buying 4 more! I'll have 2 subs for each system I have.Here is the review...
  11. HiFiJeff

AVR with multiple sub outs that you can adjust crossovers independently?

I’ve been looking into two channel pre’s with tone controls and subwoofer bass management for my two channel system. So that got me to thinking, what AVR’s have multiple sub outs that you can independently adjust the crossovers and so on? Like let’s say I want to send 50hz-100hz to one pair of...
  12. HiFiJeff

Magnepan LRS and 1.7i owners or people who have heard both?

So I have had my Magnepan LRS's for 8 months now. And I absolutely LOVE them! Compared to box speakers, It's such a different and amazing way of listening to music. It truly is magical. Music appears and disappears from thin air. Anyway, to say I am hooked on the Magnepan sound is an...
  13. HiFiJeff

Parasound New Classic 2250 v.2 $999 for good ole Class A/B high current power.

https://www.parasound.com/2250-v2.php I have gotten a lot of great responses on the 2125 V.2 thread so I decided to start a new thread on the bigger brother, the 2250 v.2. I have no doubt that the 2150 would run my Maggie's with no issues, but for $400 more, I can put any doubts to rest. So...
  14. HiFiJeff

Parasound New Classic 2125 v.2 $599 for good ole Class A/B high current power.

I have been in the hunt for a quality power amp to to run my Maggie LRS's. The Parasound looks VERY nice and is VERY affordable. I was initially looking at the 2250 v.2 but after a conversation I had yesterday with a tech guy, he said the 2125 would be plenty of power in my small area. The 2125...
  15. HiFiJeff

Speakers that are easy to place and meant for corner loading or being placed up against a wall?

So I bought some Magnepan LRS's and put them in my office system. Over the holidays I was rearranging my office and placing the Maggie's in different area's. I never could get them to sound just right. So I am scrapping the Maggie project in the office and putting them downstairs in the living...
  16. HiFiJeff

Easily, hands down best speaker at RMAF 2019! Planar speaker, Alsyvox Botticelli!

So I just got back from my once a year Disneyland for adult Audio enthusiasts. RMAF. And it was at a new and spectacular venue this year. Brand new Gaylord Rockies Resort. Stunning venue. Guess it’s a fitting place for me to hear the BEST speaker I have ever heard in my life. Seriously. I was in...
  17. HiFiJeff

Speaker Cable Lengths

I am getting ready to buy some new speaker cables for my new Magnepan LRS speakers and was wondering if it would make any difference between the lengths I am looking at. I seriously doubt it but I am going to ask anyway. So a 6 foot speaker cable should be enough, but 8 feet would give a little...
  18. HiFiJeff

Is it okay to hook up pre-wired speaker cables to AVR without the speaker?

Real simple question. I just got in my new Pioneer AVR. I am going to hook it up this weekend. My question is, is it okay to go ahead and make all the connections for speaker wire on the back of the Pioneer before I have some of my speakers hooked up? I just don’t want to have to yet again pull...
  19. HiFiJeff

Digital Amplifier Company DAC HS1

Anyone have any experience with this DAC? https://www.cherryamp.com/dac-dac-d-to-a-convertor
  20. HiFiJeff

Can we get a Class D Amplifier Category like we have for Tube And Solid State?

Class D amplification is blowing up and is getting better and better everyday. There are true and legitimate companies making some real high end and high quality stuff that is competing against very expensive, "traditional" amplifiers. I posted this therad over in New Gear Performance because I...
  21. HiFiJeff

Digital Amplifier Company Stereo Maraschino Amp

So there is a ton of talk on Audiocircle about this company and amp. And there are a lot of great reviews online but I haven’t seen any talk about it here. It’s supposed to be an amazing sound Class D Amplifier. So anybody have any experience with them? I am close to pulling the trigger on one...
  22. HiFiJeff

Schiit Audio Saga and Freya Solid State Pre-Amps-Anyone?

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these yet? They seem nice pretty straight forward. I am back in the market again for a pre-amp and with Schiit coming to the table with two SS re-amps, they really have caught my interest. This really has come about as well due to a very...
  23. HiFiJeff

Speaker comparison. Real simple.

Okay guys. I have been through no nonsense speakers. A lot of listening to my new Maggie’s and a lot of listening to my ZU Audio Omen Dirty Weekends. Without a doubt, the ZU’s are ridiculously better. I actually don’t like the Maggie’s.
  24. HiFiJeff

Sony UBP X1000ES vs UBP X800 vs UBP X700. Please help me chose one!

I am trying to decide on one of these three players. Going to use it as my central hub for most everything. Streaming Netflix, Amazon and YouTube. Plus obviously playing 4k Atmos movies. I am sure all three of them do all the above pretty close to the same. Where the quality might, and I stress...
  25. HiFiJeff

Pioneer Elite VSX-LX 503 AVR question.

So I have decided to go with this AVR for my Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 system. But I can’t seem to figure out if the amps are assignable. Meaning this AVR requires a two channel external amp to make it 11 channels. I want to use my nice two channel amp for the main left and right channels and assign the...
Back
Top Bottom