Search results

1. Trucker1964

Still looking for contact with Bob Speece (He's STILL got my gear!)

Ha ! It was Bob who saved the day and my extremely rare Marantz unit from the notorious noah. I was the first person who identified the guy in my avatar as at the very least a dishonest person who has since gone to prison after hurting a lot of people. Bob was one of the few that defended me...
  2. Trucker1964

Still looking for contact with Bob Speece (He's STILL got my gear!)

Bob is a great and generous gentleman. It’s been known he has had health issues for some time. Let’s all hope that he recovers quickly and fully from whatever is keeping him the the work he loves and the people he loves helping.
  3. Trucker1964

Used records :0)

Ok. I’ll bite. What is a “WetVac record cleaner” ?
  4. Trucker1964

Who here owns their ultimate/dream/"grail" turntable and what is it?

I hear Grumpy likes this one
  5. Trucker1964

How are we supposed to know what our valuable LPs are worth with prices all over the place?!

If you want to know what the best pressing is… Steve Hoffman forum (Music Corner).
  6. Trucker1964

How are we supposed to know what our valuable LPs are worth with prices all over the place?!

Discogs is a good place to research value. It lists high, low and median and when last sold. Check the matrix’s in the deadwax and match it on Discogs. Obviously you can see what they’re currently asking for an example in your condition. Condition is everything. The difference between Near Mint...
  7. Trucker1964

Not sure if this has been seen here yet…

Hey - can anybody tell me what’s written on his arm ? Appears to be German.
  8. Trucker1964

Big Smile. Thanks to everyone for playing What’s My Mugshot Avatar ? There were some great people here who went out of their way chase him down so that he wouldn’t hurt more people. I won’t name anyone specifically (you know who you are) but I wanted to say thank you to those in this community...
  9. Trucker1964

Can anyone identify my avatar ? He was pretty popular around here…
  10. Trucker1964

Infinity Renaissance 90 with Sansui AU-9500

Highest order according to the factory is bi-amping (they apparently liked bi-wiring as well):
  11. Trucker1964

Marantz 2130....Am I missing something?

Ha. I really love my RadioX Sansui TU-9900. To me, it’s a great example of industrial design as art, being beautiful, highly functional and technically impressive. It is really a pleasure to use and sounds as good as anything I’ve heard. I actually have two, the one Mike modded as a near mint...
  12. Trucker1964

Technics SL-10 restoration and setup

Stupid question. I have replaced the damping oil and now can’t figure out where the arm of this spring lands/oriented. Help is greatly appreciated :biggrin:
  13. Trucker1964

Marantz TT 1000

Most of the 1000’s I’ve seen over the years have been for sale outside of North America. In fact I’m not sure I’ve seen one listed for sale in NA. I did miss a power supply that sold on EBay a few years ago from the States. As I’ve discussed here, mine is a 100V unit that was shipped from...
  14. Trucker1964

Marantz repair and wlhd1610

That’s a bummer. Bob is one of the great gentleman in the hobby. Sending out positive vibes to Bob.
  15. Trucker1964

500 owners - what speakers you using?

Hey John, I have been running Infinity Renaissance 90’s which are fairly demanding speakers. Thus far I have run them in a single amplifier configuration but plan to biamp them as I have a few excellent examples of the 500 :D. The Ren’s are actually designed to be biamped so I’m looking forward...
  16. Trucker1964

Advice on Marantz Turntable

Actually there is a Marantz table that makes the SL-1200 look shabby. The TT-1000 based on the Micro-Seiki DQX 1000. A piece of industrial art which can be made to sound like a super deck. Ken Ishiwata had a Mk II in his music room at Marantz. I’m guessing but I think it came out of the Mike...
  17. Trucker1964

Record stores that have come and gone

Main Tower location in Los Angeles was Sunset Blvd. Big and one level.
  18. Trucker1964

Record stores that have come and gone

Are you thinking of Tower location in the Sherman Oaks Galleria ?
  19. Trucker1964

Cross Road decision Sony or Oppo?

Oppo 10X rips SACD to DSD, ISO. Not too many players will do that…
  20. Trucker1964

Marantz 500 NOS Faceplate & Door Received Today!!!!!!

Just did a little research on the auction site. There is a scammer selling “NOS” Marantz parts. Simply impossible he has multiple identical rare NOS parts. NOS stands for New Old Stock, not “I just manufactured a bunch of parts and pawn them off as original vintage”
  21. Trucker1964

:eek2: The hunt begins
  22. Trucker1964

Terry, that owners manual is something that I never thought I’d see ! Kind of amazing because at one point I asked Bob Hovland who was the production engineer on the 500 if he knew of the existence of an owners manual and he said he’d never seen one. One of my 500’s was gone through by Bob and...
  23. Trucker1964

You received “a copy of the Marantz 500 owners manual” ? In all my years searching for Marantz 500 unobtainium, I’ve never seen an owners manual. If it does exist, I’d love to see it ! I recently bought a Marantz 500 door on eBay that was described as NOS but I’m skeptical. It looks like it...
  24. Trucker1964

Marantz 2285B Restoration Complete

Not to one up but here’s my original “e” blackface. Not sure if Bob has seen this one. This is one of the nicest looking I can think of… The 2285B is a great piece of work.
Back
Top Bottom