Search results

1. J

Show us your Motorcycles

first time i saw a B&S powered mini bike I was hooked. But my right leg now has a metal rod in it from a motorcycle accident in 2010, so that, coupled with what I feel is a ten fold increase in inattentive driving, people who could care less about ending your life..I do not have a riding bike. I...
  2. J

Getting paid to snitch on excessive idling in NYC

yep...those folks would love to see ya thrown in jail for idling...can't wait to turn in their neighbor ....same ones that reported family get-togethers and salivated over people losing their businesses and jobs because they wouldn't get a shot...... evil....
  3. J

Show us your boats!

put a new 115 hp merc on it last year....bluetooth radio, 4 marine speakers...24'....
  4. J

Class action lawsuit against Kia and Hyundai

I don't think people junking good cars due to a bad design that might increase gas mileage by 1.5% for a false premise...thereby forcing them into a high end purchase of another car is any where near being green.......it's called "bilking" in my book.... the cheapest, most economical, and viable...
  5. J

PL-518 Protractor PDF Document

I bought these a few years ago. I don't see them being offered, but maybe you could ask him.
  6. J

Restarting A Boat After A LOOOONG Rest

um... make sure that transom doesn't have rotted wood inside it....also the floor and stringers. any signs of softness, flexing, bubbling, cracking.......Just fyi.....
  7. J

Class action lawsuit against Kia and Hyundai

this is also a very well known problem with volvos. Primarily the S60 , 2012 +, 5 cyl. engine. The problem is the oil ring drain holes, coupled with the ring size is too small and gets carboned up. I have a 2012 S60, and yes, it has this issue. Mine isn't too bad yet ...1qt/2000 miles......I'm...
  8. J

Rocket.

yeah...mid 60's, I musta been around 12. Bought the estes WAC corporal. Flew it multiple times using the 1/2 A motors from the back yard. Decided to try the C engine (not recommended per,instructions).....What a noise that motor made!...I saw it leave the pad and never found it..looked for a...
  9. J

If you were to buy a new vehicle.....

I'd buy an ICE vehicle. That might include a straight hybrid, no plug in. I own 4 vehicles, that includes a camry hybrid. They are all paid for, and I do my own work. However, I'm taking a chance with the hybrid technology battery longevity and the CVT transmission in that both can be way over...
  10. J

Feast Yer Eyeballs: 'Big Engines Starting Up' is Pure Internal-Combustion Joy

I've always thought that a harley V twin and a chambered exhaust on a 69 camaro were, like, the tops.... But that is one neat sounding bike,
  11. J

any experience with power steering stop leak ?

There are stop leak products for this. I'm not a snake oil guy either...but....there's nothing to lose in trying.....I'd try it. I'd replace all the fluid with new first...but that's me..........some might think that's a bad idea....choices..... I'm using a snake oil in a 2012 volvo to try and...
  12. J

What's Goin' On???

access to and desire for control by certain egos leads to corruption, chaos, and turmoil...mostly for the innocent. A couple of chapters in a particular, well known, but disregarded book have been known to predict and describe current affairs and the coming escalation thereof.... ....whining...
  13. J

Sewer and water bill?

Pa., central, .....sewer and trash is combined....sewer is based on water usage......but around $45 a quarter.....yes, a quarter... so not bad from what I see others here....
  14. J

Vintage Pioneer Model Likes/Dislikes?

sorry...I replied but saw just now it wasn't there, go figure.. I'm no tech so I wouldn't be able to tell if my receiver didn't "like" running 4 speakers or not, unless it was clipping. The receiver is stock. The speakers are 8 ohms, Dynaco A30 xl's(1978) and BIC Venturi's(2008). I haven't...
  15. J

Yamaha 5-L V-8 Hydrogen Engine

so, that has been discussed before. So we can go back and forth...again.... with our quoted , cut and pasted defenses, what's a tax ,what isn't a tax....and who's lying.... I prefer looking at all of this from the beginning....and also absolute examples. The first U.S. oil well for production...
  16. J

solar, wind, tidal is not anywhere close to being cost effective. It has to be massively subsidized. If it was cost effective I'd have it, there'd be a demand for it, and billions of people would buy it......they haven't.
  17. J

Exactly, nickel futures rose 75% yesterday. The volitivity of precious metals is never considered. Nor is the ownership and control of said metals by other countries.....but good luck getting said proponents to rationally discuss any of that. But to some, just bring on utopia, and money grows on...
  18. J

good for yamaha and toyota. I take it they are pursuing this research on their own? In other words, they aren't using my tax dollars disguised as "infrastructure " (money printing) ? Entrepreneurship, free market, profits used for R&D, great. I hope this technology can be improved, but the...
  19. J

Philosophy Pros - No + w.o. - & Life's Cycles?

I read once that math is a language. I don't speak it.
  20. J

Electric Vehicle Technology talk.

and this.... Chrysler sold 209,000 mini vans in 1984......first year!.....and just what did tesla do?..... save your chest bumping for someone else Gauntlet laid....
  21. J

yeah, it's been discussed before on here.......it gets political, I think.....let a jerseyite answer....
  22. J

I don't hate, If that's the "hidden" point. I said show me what's conspiratorial since you made the accusation, ok?:dunno:
Back
Top Bottom