Search results

1. S

Eico HF22 HF35

Would the capacitors be 50 mfd each to replace the one 50mfd?
  2. S

Using Sherwood integrated as phono-pre

The line voltage at my house will go anywhere from 118 to 126 depending on the time of day, year, who's generating and how the power is being routed. Right now it's at 120.6v.
  3. S

Tube Preamp under 1k?

Some circuit boards here: http://glass-ware.stores.yahoo.net/listheam.html
  4. S

Dumb move of the day. This STINKS.

+1 :thmbsp::thmbsp:
  5. S

What preamp are you using with your Dynaco MK III's

Where did you get the Aikido?
  6. S

Eico HF-22's total reassembly.

So, how do they sound?
  7. S

Cathode follower preamp kit w/ phono?

Does anyone make a preamp kit that is a single ended, class A, cathode follower circuit with regulated heater and B+ power supplies using low noise rectifiers and has a cathode follower phono stage? I would like to find one that uses either six 12AX7 or 6SN7 tubes. Any thoughts? Sound...
  8. S

What preamp are you using with your Dynaco MK III's

JonL, What type of music do you listen to? The first time I heard a Moduls 3 I was very impressed, sound stage was huge and truely the first time I ever experienced sound coming from behind amd past the walls. They has it hooked to a SS amp and a pair of Kef Reference 1's. They were playing...
  9. S

Can You Understand The Insane Western Electric Prices

Western Electric equipment. Listen to an old movie or recording from the 30' and 40's. Most was recorded on WE equipment and most sounds like crap compared to late 40's thru 60's stuff. Single ended, distorted and bloated. No highs no lows. It's all hype. I've got some great clothing for...
  10. S

Room dimension computer program

I would like a room capable of good clean bass along with as few cancelling waves/nodes as possible. Somewhere I have the all the plans for making broad spectrum diffusers. I drew them up about fifteen years ago both the 2'square panels 6" deep with 2" squares and the 2'x4'x6" panels with...
  11. S

Room dimension computer program

Is there a computer program to figure the best room dimensions/size to reduce standing waves? My current 14'wX27'lx8'h listening space has a lot of standing waves cancelling sound. Playing a sound check cd at different frequencies I can hear sound in one ear then the other as I walk from one end...
  12. S

Reforming capacitors, NOS and used

Many people used to feel the type of capacitor installed the signal path made a big difference in how that circuit sounds, I don't know if that is still the current wisdom. Paper in oil vs. Polypropylene for example. It's not the fact that the old caps sound better, it's using the same type of...
  13. S

Who sells a octal test socket?

Thank you quayhog!
  14. S

I like the idea of cooking the parts in a 150 degree oven for several hours to drive out moisture, then test and rejuvenate. If it works, good, if not it's off to the circular file basket with the old parts. I don't believe at all the new parts made today are better than all the old stuff. A...
  15. S

Change all the caps in an old $$$ amp you bought and it will loose half it's collector value and some of the magic sound that made it what it was. I'd be happy take all the bumble bee and Black cat caps off your hands for the price of Postage. For that matter all the old resistors too.
  16. S

I found this article and thought I would share. Might save a rectifier tube or two and prevent unnecessary cap replacement. http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Restore_cap.html
  17. S

Dropping 125v line voltage for vintage equipment?

JBL, Very good summary and thank you to everyone who responded.
  18. S

Whaddya' get for TWO DOLLAH ??

My grandparents had one of these back in the 60's.
  19. S

Citation II Issues

I'd replace the resistor and give it a go, checking the voltages and current and compare to the other channel. If there is still a problem troubleshoot or send it in. http://www.mcshanedesign.net/adjust2.htm
  20. S

I'd like four.
  21. S

JAN Amps, I wonder what the current draw is of the Rhino 3000 unit at idle and with a 3 amp load? After seeing how the Tripp Lite unit works I wonder what the output voltage really is when you hook a variac up to the input. It looks like a great unit, especially for the money.
  22. S

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tripp-Lite-1200-Watt-4-Outlet-Line-Conditioner-And-Voltage-Regulator/10730569?findingMethod=rr This unit looks good too. Rated for 1000 watts. My amps both have 3A fuses so I should be covered to run all my gear. It will give me a steady 120v which should if everything...
  23. S

I've seen a gizmo you plug into a tube socket and then plug in the tube to take live reading at all pin outs. Anyone know whos sells them now? I don't have a pair of beat tubes to make one. It would be handy for confirming proper voltages, ma, bias and power output.
  24. S

The CL-30's sound like a great idea. The Wally world power supply and the filament transformer turned bucker are also great ideas. A 6.3 ct transformer might be in my future also. It's my understanding the constant voltage transformers use power all the time regardless of the load and...
  25. S

The voltage at my house last night was 120, this morning 118. In the summer it will peak to 126. New CV trannies aren't cheap but would be the best for my application. Hammond has a few 4A 6.3 v (166n6) and 12.6v (166n12) ct transformers but the prices are going up ($19-24.00) even though...
Back
Top Bottom