Search results

1. John L

Best Looking Receiver of all Time

Well, here's one right here on eBay: Realistic STA-7 System Seven AM FM Stereo Receiver 31-1968 RadioShack Tandy Oh Hoo, here's another one: Realistic STA-7 System Seven Stereo AM FM Tape Phono Receiver 31-1968 EXCELLENT I think you are in luck, my friend. ;)
  2. John L

Yeah, all you really need is five to seven watts of clean Class A power, as in 'single ended' tube amplifier. :thmbsp::music:
  3. John L

Not so certain about the exclusionary "Black is Beautiful" part, but damn, that sure looks like something NAD put together. I know RS subbed out their work, so perhaps they did contract with NAD after all perhaps?
  4. John L

I too have a 2000x that my Father bought in 1968 I believe, when I was still in Infantry OCS. He ordered it from the Pacex Exchange right before coming back from Japan and retiring from the army. I have it hooked up to my computer right now, along with my Dokorder 800x, which handles my music...
  5. John L

Yeah, its very 'Retro' looking, isn't it. Most people fail to see the beauty in such things, but they are certainly very unique and quite handsome.
  6. John L

And you put that.............Pioneer Thing up there along with that classic Scott beauty? There is simply no comparison there. Pioneer was clearly able to out whore any brand back then, with excess makeup, fake bras, etc, etc. Uggggggh!
  7. John L

$15 Radio Shack Amp that kicks - the Accurian

Yep, what I thought. :D
  8. John L

Obviously you did something wrong. Did you ask for any help?
  9. John L

Yeah, amazing isn't it. I just looked on ebay and "123maketime", Todd I believe his name, is selling them in single, pairs, and even lots of ten. Its hard to fathom that this thing is still going on after all this time. I still have a couple left that I haven't yet modified.
  10. John L

Tell us about your avatar

Nope, it looks every bit of what I mentally picture him in my mind. Every time I'm forced to think of him that is.
  11. John L

Looks like some updated Mayan king, found in a Chariot of The G-ds scenario. :D
  12. John L

Wharfedale info?

Its a damned good thing that the Brit's speaker building was not on par with their auto making industry, isn't it? ;)
  13. John L

Vintage Cerwin-Vega - Any Good Ones?

I suggest you keep your D7s. I purchased mine back in 1985, and still use them. The surrounds need to be replaced, but otherwise they are in great condition. As for using them as a center channel, why would you do that. Center channel is a channel for speech, and purposefully 'dumbed...
  14. John L

I have an older Pioneer SX-980, which looks exactly like that SX-1980. At the time it had the biggest bust line, but was soon surpassed with more and more units that looked almost exactly the same(just less one or two toggle switches or buttons, that's all). Just a little more added makeup...
  15. John L

Having to constantly keep 'fixing' the long term unfixable, and being 'nickeled and dimed' to death is "lots of fun"? You have my sincere condolences. :D
  16. John L

Boy, talk about "Night of the Living Thread": my current avatar is a picture of my little boy CharlieK. He's a certified optimist and 100% Shih-tzu, at least under his tail anyway. He helps keep me straight. ;)
  17. John L

Cheap Chinese 6P3P kit

How does the low end work out? Does it need any type of controls for working with the tone? I know, how dare me to ask such a lowbrow question.:D
  18. John L

Cheap Chinese 6P3P kit

Could you please explain the purpose, and the result? I don't know the exact reason for this.
  19. John L

Cheap Chinese 6P3P kit

Totally agree. AND Ray, I also suggest you find someone who is very good with English composition. And it doesn't have to be an American, Canadian, Brit, or any Westerner. All you need is to locate a Hong Kong resident, who grew up under the Brits. It is vital that you do this IMO...
  20. John L

Cheap Chinese 6P3P kit

What do you think? :D I don't know why the Chinese(and Ruskies too) don't just get with the rest of the world and go by the original designation. People wouldn't be all that confused,.....AND they would probably buy a whole lot more of those Chinese tubes too. It just makes good business...
  21. John L

Cheap Chinese 6P3P kit

Isn't is simply amazing how one pair of wires missing from being grounded on the output jacks, can cause all that frustration? I'll have to remember all that when I start my projects. Wow!
  22. John L

Cheap Chinese 6P3P kit

Anyone notice how the power supply, and the rest of the preamp, are almost completely separated from each other. Sure cuts down on the possible interference I would think. I wonder if a metal partition would further keep any hum from bleeding over into the preamp circuit? Just a thought.
  23. John L

Econowaving Wharfedale W60s

Well, I just picked up a nice pair of W60s, from eBay late last night. The seller is going to send them via Greyhound, as soon as he can go by the local station. He said it may take a week or two before he can get them there, but I'm in no hurry. I can't tell what condition the outer wood...
  24. John L

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

I wonder if anyone else has used this driver in their EconoWave project yet? I'm curious because I still haven't settled on what I am going to use, so I'm looking at all possibilities.
  25. John L

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

Dread, what is your crossover point?
Back
Top Bottom