Search results

1. J

Bi-Wiring Marantz 2245

Hi All, I recently picked up a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 225's which I have connected to my 2245. One thing, though, is the Wharefdale's are capable of being bi-wired, as they have 4 posts. Can the 2245 handle this? And if so, how would I go about doing it? Two sets of speaker wire coming...
  2. J

Thinking about going vintage Klipsch...but would love advice.

Hi All, I'm currently running one of Vinyl Nirvana's TD-160 Supers (with 2m blue) through a fully recapped Marantz 2245 done by @patfont (his work is off the charts!). I love this front end, could not be more pleased. That said, I feel like my speakers are the weakest link. Currently, they are...
  3. J

Micro Seiki DD-20 Cue Lift Issue

Has anyone had one of these go bad? Essential, the cue lift no longer goes up and down. The buttons themselves work, but nothing moves. I've cleaned and lubed everything, but opening up the table reveals a long spring that stretches between the buttons and the cueing mechanism. I fear this...
  4. J

Marantz 2245 Restoration

Hi everyone, Been lurking here for a while and finally joined a few months ago. You all have been beyond helpful (without knowing it) in helping me work on my 2245. Thanks to you, I have cleaned pots and switches, replaced a faulty power switch, and set my bias and offset. All that being...
  5. J

Micro Seiki DD-20 RCA Cable Question

The RCA cables coming out of my Micro Seiki DD-20 are a bit noisy. Basically, when you touch the outside of the rca plugs that connect to my phono preamp, you get an increase in hum and a little static. My guess is the connection inside the plugs is worn down. My question is, how hard is it...
Back
Top Bottom