Search results

1. unionc1

Backwards reel

I have an akai 1710w that was playing great until recently and it slowed down considerably, I tried everything, I changed belt and still slow, I cleaned it up trying to figure out exactly how it works, the switch at the top front marked high and low seems to be bad, the motor is louder or faster...
  2. unionc1

Pioneer Spec 1 Volume pot needed

No, I pulled the screws out myself, the knob was glued on or something, this tech has been repairing stereos since the 70s, he has repaired many receivers and amps for me over the years, I got the Spec 1, Spec 2 and a equalizer on a trade, the guy who had them I think inherited them, had them in...
  3. unionc1

Thanks, I knew that, well I found a donor unit on eBay, I hope the volume pot is good, it will arrive tomorrow and I'll know better soon
  4. unionc1

I traded for a Pioneer Spec 1, Spec 2 and a Sg 9500 EQ the preamp volume knob has been messed with and the knob glued on, I took it to my tech and he said he had to ruin the pot removing the shaft to save the knob, so if anyone has a volume pot (ACV-314-0) or know where I can find one or...
  5. unionc1

Hi, I guess I can pm you, I am interested in the Nikko alpha? You said the price is negotiable...

Hi, I guess I can pm you, I am interested in the Nikko alpha? You said the price is negotiable? Can you do $220 shipped fed ex to 46628?
  6. unionc1

Hello

Hello I'm from South Bend IN, kinda close to Chicago
  7. unionc1

My setup recently

HI, I bought this amp about 6 months ago just to try it out, it sounded real good when it was new and I think better every time I use it, a couple weeks ago I bought some klipsch fortes for my listening room, the guy I got them from demoed them on Macintosh amps, sounded awesome, I get them home...
  8. unionc1

Marantz 2285B vs. Pioneer SX 950

Hello, I have both and it took me all of my 69 years to acquire them, I'll keep them as long as I have time to listen to them, selling them will be my kids problem or pleasure! They are both great well built stereos
  9. unionc1

I have some advent Laurettes and I used them until I found some ADS L730s, the Laurettes were...

I have some advent Laurettes and I used them until I found some ADS L730s, the Laurettes were refoamed prior to me getting them, nice speakers and very efficient, if you can find some they are worth having I think
  10. unionc1

ADS L780/2 wrong woofers

That my thinking, guess I should have looked more closely but I was so excited about getting another set of ADS speakers, I already have some ADS L730s that are an awesome yard sale find, thanks guys!!!!!
  11. unionc1

ADS L780/2 wrong woofers

Thanks, I listened to them today, tweeters and mids both work, I cranked up the treble on my sx 950 a couple notches and turned up the volume a little and they sound fair but I looked closer at the enclosures and found someone drilled holes in the bottom (looks like maybe for mounting?) and a...
  12. unionc1

Indiana AK?

Hi, thanks for the welcome
  13. unionc1

Indiana AK?

hello new to ak, I want to chat with other members around South Bend or northern IN, beginning vintage collector here
  14. unionc1

ADS L780/2 wrong woofers

new to AK, I picked up some ADS L780/2 this weekend, I hooked them up and they sound real bassy and muffled, I called the seller and was told that the woofers weren't original, how can I find out what woofers to get would be compatible? Any members in northern Indiana to help would be appreciated
  15. unionc1

ADS L780/2 Speakers - What's The Deal?

New to AK, Is there any members in norther n Indiana that could help me with a pair of ads l 780/2 I just got? It seems the seller forgot to tell me the woofers aren't original! The speakers sound real bassy and muffled at best, thanks in advance any help provided
  16. unionc1

Carver Receiver

I have one and it is very nice lotsa power but I prefer the pioneer and Sansui sound.
Back
Top Bottom