Search results

1. misterguitar

Need a good Repair shop. NC

I have finally had ot give up on this 6060 I was repairing. I was at the point of using a scope to go through and find why the sound is dead after a power supply and amp board total rebuild. But my mother was just diagnosed with cancer and I am just not going to have time to finish this. The...
  2. misterguitar

Sansui-6060 - No sound

So I have a Sansui 6060. And man this thing is driving me nuts! It's a friend of the family lady who owns it. I had a it a few years back and recapped the box and replaced the noisy transistors. It came back to me again making scratchy noises. Upon plugging it back in it would not eve come out...
  3. misterguitar

0.15 amp fuse

God help me. Where can I find a 0.15 amp fuse? Why on earth did they use these things? ughhh
  4. misterguitar

Sansui 6060 keeps blowing fuses

So I have a Sansui 6060 I am working on for a friend. It keep blowing the fuses. In this particular stereo it is Fuse 602 and Fuse 603 which are 125 volt 5 amp fuses. Not good. I made a blow up version of this chunk of the schematic as I am working through this trying to understand a.) how the...
  5. misterguitar

Resistor Substitutions

So I have a question for you guys. I have come across a couple of ceramic encased resistors I'm planning to replace to increase relaibility. They seem to be resistors cemented or potted in rectangular ceramic cases. There is one in the power supply section and the other 4 are emitter resistors...
  6. misterguitar

Sansui 6060 Total Rebuild. Trying to spec some diodes

So I have a Sansui 6060 that belongs to a family friend. I recapped the unit and replaced the big power transistors, all the old fuse resistors, and most of the old failure prone transistors in the audio path. And it worked great for a years. now its back about 5 years later. I found some blown...
  7. misterguitar

How to Chase down a Hum in a 2230? And another good question for experts.

So a bit of background. This is a friends 2230. It had a prior recar job done by somebody of reasonable quality. The solder work was ok and the capacitor selection was reasonable although not what I would have sourced. They did not replace the filter caps as I suspect all the coil connections...
  8. misterguitar

marantz 2230 Power supply discrepancy

I'm working on a Marantz 2230 power supply and there seems to be some discrepancy between the actual; components and the Service manual list. I checked the erros thread and did not see anything on this. The manual lists R804 as 10 ohm 1/2 watt carbon. In reality it is a 150 ohm 5 watt wire...
  9. misterguitar

Looking for repair or experiences with Nakamichi AV-1

I have a Nakamichi AV-1. Speakers connected to right and left. Get no sound at all. I can;t seem to find a schematic or service manual for this thing anywhere. Have not cracked it open to look for obvious signs of trauma yet. Anybody have any experiences with these beasts? It's a bit more...
  10. misterguitar

Different transistor/diode question 2220B

Are the blob diodes on the AMP boards on these ok? Specifically H705, 706,730,731? I kind of feel the urge to replace them while I'm in there but thought I would ask what the consensus is on that. Also in searching the forum I noticed somebody mentioned replacing transistor 727 as it was a...
  11. misterguitar

Marantz 2220B transistor Sub question

Reworking the Amp board on a 2220b. replacing heat shrink and while at it would like to replace the driver transistors 2SC1509 and 2SA777. Are the correct subs KSA1220AY and KSC2383YTA ?
  12. misterguitar

Nakamichi RX-202. Left Channel is dead...

So I started working on my other tape deck I recently acquired. Bought a Nakamichi RX-202. Just finished putting the belts on it and the mechanism and playback work like a champ. But the left channel is totally dead! Are there any known obvious issue son these units I could look at? Or is this...
  13. misterguitar

Sony TC-WR97ES speed problem

I have a very nice Sony TC-WR97es I got. I replaced all the belts and pinch rollers in both transports. One side works beautifully! The other however the motor is a tad slow and I'm out of speed adjustment. I was setting the speed with a frequency counter and the official sony speed test tape. I...
  14. misterguitar

Stereo light problems on my 2245

Hi guys. So I have gone back to working on my 2245. Its a champagne face receiver I bought a few years ago and have been slowly working my way through. It is getting so close to being done I can almost feel it! I'm including some pics so you can see how it is coming along. Work I've done so far...
  15. misterguitar

Marantz 2230 only left channel works on FM stereo

Finnaly got the amps and phono amp and power supply correct. Down to figuring out why the FM only works on one channel. I'm thinking it has to be a problem on the P300 board. Because If I hit the mono switch I get sound on both channels. So it sounds like a de-multiplexing problem. (Let me know...
  16. misterguitar

Marantz 2230. Bias too low.

I have a Marantz 2230 I just finished recapping the Amp boards for a friend of a friend. (once people hear you work on this stuff it's amazing how many new "friends" you make. lol) So far so good. I can't seem to get the bias up high enough on both boards. One seems worse than the other. I can...
  17. misterguitar

DCD-1800R rebuild

I have a fairly well cared for nice DCD-1800R Cd player I'm going to rebuild. Anybody here have any experience with that? Mostly just looking out for servicing tips, gotchas, etc. I'm impressed with the build quality of this unit. Lots of good solid metal. I have disassembled it and am in the...
  18. misterguitar

First test for my Sencore SG-165. A marantz 2230!

So I managed to pick up a Sencore SG-165 a year or so ago. the limiting factor being I was missing half the cables. Managed to score a brand new set of those. So lucky! They are on the way. I have a Marantz 2230 sitting here with a dead left channel on the FM setting. Has to be in the FM...
  19. misterguitar

Marantz 2230 Transistor Sub

What is the universally agreed upon sub for the 2sc943 in the tone circuit these days? I have a flaky one that needs replacing.
  20. misterguitar

Transistor gain rankings

OK so I'm trying to figure out how critical the gain rankings for replacement transistors are. In particular I'm looking at subbing some KSC1845YTA for 2SC1313. I noticed only the Y gain ranking is available for sale. The higher ones are listed as obsolete at mouser. I'm guessing there is some...
  21. misterguitar

Revox /Studer B225. Any good?

I managed to get one of these. Seems to be built like a TANK. Are they any good?
  22. misterguitar

Sansui 6060 Question

My wife has a friend at work. an older lady who has a Sansui 6060. Said it had some problems with crackling and the "channels being off". I got it open and was shocked at how brown and dusty it was! Apparently it has been in a heavy smoker home since new. lol The wife volunteered me to fix it...
  23. misterguitar

Setting Bias on 2245 pre 3600 Serial

Trying to figure out the correct place to measure the bias on this one. I know the power amp boards are slightly different being a champagne face transitional unit. Anybody done this before?
  24. misterguitar

2245 Manual for serials 1001 to 3600

I'm also going to upload this to Hifi engine when they start accepting scans again soon. Just in case this can help any others. It was too big to upload here so this is a link to it on my google drive in PDF format. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9a3HD-pGTy4dVRnVm5SUWFFVDg/view?usp=sharing
  25. misterguitar

Denon DRA-700

Anybody know where a service manual for a Denon DRA-700 can be obtained? Tried the hi-fi collective, googles, e-pay all the usual places. Tried looking up similar era units for overlap in model numbers. Nada. If you have a copy in paper or PDF I'd be willing to buy it from you. Just as...
Back
Top Bottom