Search results

1. prabie

Marance shock?

Sounds like static discharge, try using leather sole shoes. It worked for me.
  2. prabie

Surprised

Hello, I was trying to complete a 1977 "flat series" of Technics gear collection , basically this beautiful group is formed by the SE-9060 power amp, SH-9010 Equalizer, SU9070 Pre Amp and ST-9030 tuner. To my surprise one of the EBay suppliers sent me the Japanese versions of the first three...
  3. prabie

Tandberg 641x intermittent static pops

I wasn't able of hearing any pops
  4. prabie

Pioneer CTF-9191

Hello, Justy received as a gift a one owner CTF-9191 low hours. Last time we used it 20 years ago was working. This was the time when excellence search ended with 30 pounds tape decks. Regards Pete
  5. prabie

Anyone Familiar With the Audio Technica ART Series of Cartridges

Hello, I just received my Art 9 two days ago, I´m upgrading from a OC9-III. At first the difference wasn't big enough until I started to pay attention. Even though the OC9 is a excellent cartridge, the Art 9 if far more articulate in the bass section. I rediscovered Grace Jone's La vie en rose...
  6. prabie

Best Vintage Turntables

Pioneer PL50-II, quartz, heavy, very well isolated from external vibration, electronic arm cue, oil damped graphite arm. What else?
  7. prabie

Ordered My Ultra Sonic Tank and Vinyl Spinner

Noted, my experience is restricted to post 1968 records. Regards Pete
  8. prabie

Ordered My Ultra Sonic Tank and Vinyl Spinner

I have had very good experience with this https://www.mofi.com/product_p/omrs.htm Regards Pete
  9. prabie

RCA replacement cables recommendation

What do you think about this one? http://www.daxx-usa.com/audio_cables/r99.htm Looks nice, good and cheap. Opinions? Pete
  10. prabie

RCA replacement cables recommendation

Hello, Any recommendations for RCA replacement cables? I´m looking for something below $100, ideally in the $50 area. Please note that I'm looking for the one that´s soldered inside the TT and terminated in RCA in the other end. I'm skilled enough to assemble my own so if you want to provide...
  11. prabie

Preamp recommendations welcome

Uhmmm, you're right. I Didn't do that checking. Currently I'm working in a Mitsubishi lt30 I just bought, as soon as it's ready I'll switch TTs to discard that. Pete
  12. prabie

Only for MC phono input
  13. prabie

I would say $300-400 and if the unit is capable of 220V even better. Those lovely 1975 - 1985 units would be perfect.
  14. prabie

Hello, To preamp my MC cartridges I was using a Yamaha C-65 that unfortunately failed, then I moved to a Onkyo integra P-306RS. Sadly, this last one despite the excellent SNR figures has a disturbing 50hz hum when preamping MC. The hum is completely unnoticeable when playing music but in the...
  15. prabie

What is the absolute BEST arm board material??

Things vibrate depending of their mass and also their intrinsic characteristics as, for example, rigidity. I'm a speaker designer and when I want to avoid vibration transfer, I use sandwiches of materials as cork, lead, silestone, steel, etc. In your case I would use a 15 mm base of silestone...
  16. prabie

MC carts in the under $500 range...

Why nobody mention the DL-103R?. It is a classic. Pete
  17. prabie

Same record, same barcode, same serial #, but...

Yeah, but what a pity if you get disappointed from a record only because it was poorly pressed. And there's no vaccine against that. Regards. Pete
  18. prabie

Favorite cartridges that minimize surface noise?

To my surprise I learnt couple of years ago that wider tires "take" more vibrations from the road and that narrow ones provided a smoother ride, it looks like that to some extent this also applies to scratch sound from records. Also, If you think about it, smaller tips work deeper on the record...
  19. prabie

Deadwax is different but I don't know how track or check that info. Pete
  20. prabie

Favorite cartridges that minimize surface noise?

Currently I own 9 cartridges, nothing compared with other members that have hundreds, anyway I can tell that my AT OC9 / III is by far the most forgiving of my collection. Pete
  21. prabie

eBay strikes again...

My Ebay buys has to travel by ground to Miami, then 10.000 miles to Chile by plane and then 45 miles from the airport to my forwarder warehouse. I do know the feeling. But in general sellers do package well. Pete
  22. prabie

Hello, May be this issue has been discussed here a zillion times, so I ask for indulgence. I just bought a surprise lot of 25 records and after checking it, I discovered that the Christopher Cross that has the pink flamingo on the cover was on the lot. I was very happy because this record is...
  23. prabie

Mitsubishi LT-30 bulb to LED conversion

Noted, I'm going to check those threads. Regards Pete
  24. prabie

Sansui SP-Z series. I´m interested in buying a pair. Which one?

Thank you for your answers. After considering the logistic complications and your opinions about the sound I rather prefer to discard the idea. Thank you Pete
  25. prabie

What TT's do you folks have

Just arrived my "new" Mitsubishi LT-30, linear tracking, in 9.9 condition, it is absolutely well preserved. I just ordered the belts a couple of days ago and also planning to do a LED upgrade. I can see lots of hours of fun giving it TLC. Regards Pete
Back
Top Bottom