Search results

1. Grizzog

Altec 19 Ground Mod

Hi everyone, I've had my M19s for about 6 or so years now and they are from 1978. I've read about the ground mod and wondered if it was OK to try a temporary way to bypass the lugs before soldering. I haven't taken out my crossovers yet (that's this weekend's project), but I've noticed from...
  2. Grizzog

Anyone heard the JBL S3900?

As the title says, has anyone heard the JBL S3900? I'm really curious about these speakers, but the only way I can hear them is to purchase them...no dealer around has them and will only bring them in on purchase. I have the JBL 4306 and a set of Altec 19s. I love the JBL/Altec sound so I'm...
  3. Grizzog

RP-280F vs Quartet vs Heresy III

Posting this for anyone interested in new vs. old. Caution: Longish review. If you fancy a read, grab your favorite cocktail and enjoy. If you don’t drink, this might be significantly more painful for you. A little bit of background about listening preferences: My reference system consists of...
  4. Grizzog

SignalCable vs Morrow Audio

I'm looking to get some new RCA interconnects. I'm intrigued by the SignalCable Analog Two and the Morrow Audio MA-1. Does anyone have experience with either of these and have any recommendations?
  5. Grizzog

What Decibel Meter Do You Use?

I wanted to get myself a better Decibel meter than the apps available on the phone. Problem is, which one should I get? Do you need one with both A and C weightings? It seems that "A" is an approximation of human hearing at low/moderate levels, but "C" is more accurate for high levels...
  6. Grizzog

Couple Awesome Old Pioneers

Came across these pretty recently. Kenrick Sound looks to do an amazing job on restorations...would love to be able to hear these.
  7. Grizzog

Do you like horns?

Not much to say here...do you like horns, or would you rather they were all sent to the bottom of the ocean?
  8. Grizzog

Am I using too many tubes in my signal?

So...I was bitten by the tube bug. It started when I bought a tube DAC. The DAC has both tube and solid state out. Tube output has a NOS GE 5670W. I then progressed to wanting a tube amplifier. I ended up with a Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II integrated amplifier. It's got (2) 12AX7, (3)...
  9. Grizzog

NAD D 3020 a good choice?

So I moved my Klipsch Heresy III to my office setup. They are connected to my computer. Right now I'm running a Schiit passive preamp with a B&K Video5 amplifier. The amp is essentially a 5 channel version of the ST140 in terms of sound. It is 105 wpc, but I have no need for 5 channels and this...
  10. Grizzog

Upgrading Quartets

So a month or so ago I got a good deal on a pair of quartets. I like their sound but wanted a little bit more. Just installed the Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms. These smoothed out the tiny bit of harshness/fuzziness from the tweeters and also extend a bit higher. Extending higher gives...
  11. Grizzog

Mid driver for Quartets

I recently got a pair of Quartets. They are quite enjoyable to listen to. I'm going to be putting in the Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms soon. I see that he also has a mid diaphragm replacement, but this is not titanium. Is Klipsch the only place to get a mid titanium diaphragm? If so, is...
  12. Grizzog

Nice Klipsch deals

Looks like some decent deals to be had in their sale. http://www.klipsch.com/specials $719 for the R-115SW doesn't seem too bad. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Grizzog

Too much for an office?

...so I have been on a hunt for similar speakers in each of my listening areas in my house. This led me to sell my studio monitors that fit nicely on my desk. I happened on a fantastic deal for pristine Klipsch Quartets and I wasn't about to pass them up. Have I gone crazy? (They do have...
  14. Grizzog

Increased prices on Klipsch Heritage line

Just was looking around at prices, and browsing the Klipsch website... Seems prices on the Heritage line have gone up significantly. Anyone know if any new changes have happened to this line, or if this is just a sign of the times? Heresy III went from $850 each to $1,000 each. La Scala...
  15. Grizzog

Pioneer S-D5

Does anyone have any information in Pioneer S-D5 speakers? They are available locally, but I have no information on them. Looks like a 12" woofer, 4-5" mid and a 3" tweeter. Good/bad?
  16. Grizzog

Horns - yay or nay?

So I started my musical journey with traditional speakers with direct radiating drivers. I then moved onto Martin Logan. electrostats. I loved their detail and speed, but to my ear they didn't have the texture or live feel I was looking for. I started to look at horns with the JBL LSR305...
  17. Grizzog

Altec listening area

Finally got the speakers I have been searching for for over a decade. Dedicated listening space all set up now. For critical listening, the couch gets moved back. ...and for fun, a comparison against the Klipsch Heresy III Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Grizzog

What are Altec Model 19 worth?

Someone local to me is selling a pristine pair of Altec Model 19. Finish looks great, all original components except refoamed around the horn. What might these be worth? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Grizzog

Damping material for Cornscalas

I have a pair of Cornscala B. These things are absolutely stunning for strings and orchestral music. I'm looking to get some damping material for the insides. Any recommendations? I'm considering putting it on the top and along one side. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Grizzog

Hi from CT

Just joined and saying hi! Loved audio for a long time, grew up with it all around. Also play the piano. Family had a set of 70s Avids that stayed around for a while. End of the 80s brought the Martin Logan Sequel II and those were kept for about 15 years. Other family had all sorts of...
  21. Grizzog

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning...

Ordered a set of Cornscala style B and now I'm overly excited. A few months ago I got a set of Heresy III and absolutely loved the sound. I went and sold my other systems and looked for more Klipsch speakers. I loved the idea of the La Scala II, but it seems they would still need a subwoofer...
Back
Top Bottom