Search results

1. stratokaster

Technics SP10 mkII or Denon DP-80

British Isles :)
  2. stratokaster

I was told it was an attic find, so it probably got quite hot during the summer months...
  3. stratokaster

Technics SL-110A in the house.

It's a Jelco JL-50 held by a homemade aluminium plate
  4. stratokaster

Well, if you look at C2, C4 and C6 for example, you'd see that they take quite a lot beating — they sit between the 32.5V rail and the output of the drive amplifier, which means that they are constantly charged and discharged by the motor drive signal. Panasonic makes good capacitors, I can...
  5. stratokaster

Technics SL-110A in the house.

Congrats! I love mine.
  6. stratokaster

Personally I think these capacitors are just old, plus some of them see high ripple currents. Their voltage ratings are perfectly fine, for example the drive circuit operates at 32.5V and all capacitors on the drive board are specced at 50V. The quality of Matsushita capacitors varied quite a...
  7. stratokaster

Found my repair notes — of course, I totally misremembered things. The unit that had problems with the solenoid had a defective transistor (TR213), the other unit had issues with electronic braking and that one had a defective capacitor, C204 according to my notes.
  8. stratokaster

What a spectacular meltdown over such a simple question :biggrin: Anyway, my two cents: I have worked on two SP10mk2s, both units I worked on had quite a lot of out of spec capacitors. If I remember correctly, there are at least three capacitors on the drive board that take a heavy beating, on...
  9. stratokaster

DP-6000, DP-7000, and also later models — DP-75, DP-80
  10. stratokaster

DIY Elektor PreConsonant phono stage

Thank you Wyn, I measured it with my inverse RIAA filter and it does indeed have an ~0.8dB bump at about 40Hz.
  11. stratokaster

Thanks guys, I already sent this one to a friend, so no plans to put it in a case at the moment. I also made a mistake in the layout that requires some minor bodging, so I will release gerber files once I am done revising it (the redesigned PCB will be a bit smaller, but with more space for high...
  12. stratokaster

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

I have several Ortofon VMS/FF/M series cartridges and they are all low riders, even bought a new NF15XE stylus directly from Ortofon and it barely sits above the surface of the record.
  13. stratokaster

This baseless fear mongering regarding Denon's magnetic strip should stop. I have some tapes that my father recorded 40+ years ago, they sound absolutely fine without noticeable degradation. If anything, the magnetic strip on Denon's platters should be even less of a concern since the...
  14. stratokaster

Technics SL-150 MK2 with Syntec S-220 Tonearm General Questions

I believe the turntable uses the same dustcover as the SL-1300mk2, SL-1400mk2 and SL-1500mk2, part number SFAD132-01A The mat is part number SFTG170M01 or SFTG170-01. The SL1200 dustcover is SFAD122-01A and the mat is SFTG172, no idea what the difference between them is :dunno: The SL1200 mat...
  15. stratokaster

I have a DP-2000 as well, really good build quality for what was essentially Denon's entry-level phono motor. It sounds very good indeed, but I still prefer my SP10 mk2. To be fair, the Denon is in its original plinth which is rather mediocre, the Technics sits in a heavy layered birch ply...
  16. stratokaster

I have recently completed this phono stage, and I'm very pleased with its sound quality. The schematic was published in 1978 by the Elektor magazine in Germany, and it seems to enjoys a very good reputation among audio DIYers in Europe. The original schematic is as following: I made several...
  17. stratokaster

Battery powered SP1- MkII

140V only goes to the transistor driving the neon strobe lamp. T1 is an adjustable coil used in the 50 kHz oscillator circuit.
  18. stratokaster

My CNC pho o preamp build.

I have never heard of Bridgold before :idea: Mine are TI
  19. stratokaster

My CNC pho o preamp build.

I have experimented a bit with different op amps, IMO it would be hard to beat the NE5532 in the first stage. I currently have the LM4562 in the second stage, and I don't feel any need to roll op amps again.
  20. stratokaster

Kenwood Kd-2055 vs. Fluance RT85 (or is vintage still better even on mid-range tables)

the Luxman TT was made for Luxman by Fujiya Audio
  21. stratokaster

Can a bad integrated amp phono input, bust my turntable?

If you have a soldering iron, it would be a very good idea to reflow solder joints on RCA connectors on both of your amplifiers. Cleaning the source selector switch is also a good idea.
  22. stratokaster

EAR Clone Phono Preamp and MC Cartridge Loading.

Is this an MM-only phono stage? In that case its input impedance is probably about 47k. If it's an MM/MC phono stage, who knows what its impedance in the MC mode is... The Chinese are known to use fake MC transformers (they are in fact solid state MC headamps made to look like canned...
  23. stratokaster

Which to keep: Technics SL-D3, Lenco L-76 or Marlux MX-66

The Lenco is probably the best of the bunch because it's fully manual. All those plastic gears in low-end automatic turntables don't hold up well after 40+ years of service.
  24. stratokaster

JVC QL-Y66F Quasi Mag Lev... Any other models?

FG = frequency generator. Basically, when the motor rotates, a detector coil inside it generates a sine wave that is used by the speed regulation circuit.
  25. stratokaster

Possible next turntable Thorens TD 403 DD. Any reason not to consider?

Considering that the new Thorens company has nothing in common with the original Thorens except the name (and that all their current turntables are made in Taiwan), I would say skipping it altogether would be a winning move.
Back
Top Bottom