Search results

1. timl15

Radio Shack Micronta 63-950 LED Display

No hacking for me, it took a few weeks to figure out it was the dang power supply :), and no schematic in the manual.
  2. timl15

Success! I got it working, there was nothing wrong with it, other than the power adapter not being the correct one for this sign (the one that came with it, was 9v, 300ma), this sign requires 10v, 1amp. So I tried a 9v, 1amp power adapter and it works just fine. Also note the adapter needs to...
  3. timl15

I have tried a bunch of different key presses and combinations, and no success, and no kids to figure it out, dang it. That manual is more in my price range, thanks for finding it! I'll think about it over the week, otherwise I'm hoping someone that maybe has one of these could fill me in if...
  4. timl15

Holding down the program key for several seconds didn't change the display. Also now, just tried the above suggestions while unplugged, and then powering up the unit with different combinations of key pressing, and still no change to display.
  5. timl15

I just tried the 'reset', the 'Self Test' text flashes about three times per second. Otherwise when the 'Speed' selection is set to 'Lo', the 'Self Test' text flashes about once per second, if 'Speed' is set to 'Hi' the 'Self Test' text flashes about two times per second. Also tried the...
  6. timl15

All the letters, plus a shift key to get the special characters, and a few others to navigate the program settings. I attached a picture of all the keys.
  7. timl15

I did put in new batteries ( and also tried it without the batteries), and that didn't change the outcome. I believe the batteries (I may be incorrect, since no manual), that they are just to retain the memory of your programmed sign for several months. Thanks for the link, I didn't find that...
  8. timl15

I picked this up at a local flea market, so I couldn't test it prior, only cost a few bucks, got it home, plugged it in, it just stays in a 'Self Test' flashing display. I can't find the manual anywhere on the internet, and nothing useful on YouTube about this. Does anyone have a users manual...
  9. timl15

Dish Network alternative

I also had Dish, was with them for about 15 years, costs kept going up and up, then I canceled and went with Philo (Philo.com), been with them for about 4 years now, it’s a nice streaming option, but has no sports, and no major news networks, this is to keep the costs down. But gives you most of...
  10. timl15

Koss HV/1LC restoration

They do have replacement foam ear pads, I just got mine from Koss this week, cost $5 plus free shipping in USA.
  11. timl15

Koss HV/1LC restoration

12. timl15

Vintage CB radio modification question.

Everyone, thanks again for all the fascinating and interesting history of what some truckers did to their CB’s back in the 70’s and 80’s. I live about a mile from a large truck stop, when I saw this at the goodwill store, I thought what the heck, it doesn’t have the mic, but it had the ‘K40’...
  13. timl15

Wow, thanks for all the great information, that was probably the best few dollars I've spent in a while, I just learned something that I knew nothing about. The interesting history that you sometimes can find in vintage gear is amazing, and then able to figure out that history is awesome!
  14. timl15

Interesting, so can you explain to me how that works? The dial has 40 channels on it, so a person would flip the micro switch and get 40 channels more? How do you see that on the display? What purpose does the extra 40 channels do when everyone else only has 40 channels? On a regular CB radio...
  15. timl15

I picked this Cobra 29LTD CB radio (I'm guessing its from the 1970's) at a goodwill store with antenna for a few bucks, it’s in rough shape, missing the microphone, and power plug, noticed it had a micro flip switch mounted on the side of the radio that I knew wasn’t factory installed (note, the...
  16. timl15

Electro Voice Sentry VI .....some kind of tempting

And my EV speaker poster..., settle down people, she's probably about 80 years old now.
  17. timl15

More speaker specifications.
  18. timl15

The Instruction manual for the Sentry VI SEQ Equalizer (looks like it's the same EQ for other EV Sentry models?). FYI for future reference, reading about speaker foam surround rot, EV Factory allowed you to 'upgrade' your woofers for the Sentry VI (not sure of other models), from the foam...
  19. timl15

Better images and complete price lists of some EV products.
  20. timl15

Pricing information on EV speakers.
  21. timl15

Yes Onwardjames, I did get everything with it, I thought I would upload these pictures of one of the original speaker boxes and the box for the EQ.
  22. timl15

Here are some pictures of the inside of the EQ for the EV Sentry VI.
  23. timl15

Okay, I'll try and do that this week.
  24. timl15

This is a picture of my EQ for the Sentry VI. I haven't used it yet, since the speakers sound just fine as they are. Maybe I should try it to see if there is an improvement, but being EV speakers they are awesome as-is.
  25. timl15

Restoration of EV Aries speakers

Finished pics.
Back
Top Bottom