Search results

1. kahler

Sansui XL 500 speakers. Geneva, IL $200

No affiliation. Saw on fb marketplace. I really don’t know much about these but they certainly could be good. And it seems like a good price. someone get them. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3961869133864588/
  2. kahler

Pioneer Cs 66e replacement tweeter?

Howdy y’all I scored a pair of these Pioneer cs 66e speakers for free yesterday. They are in pretty nice shape and they sound good for what they are, except one of the tweeters is non functional in one speaker. It appears it uses a pioneer 77 40 tweeter. I’m having trouble finding a used one...
  3. kahler

AT stylus identification needed!

Howdy y’all. I scored a Kenwood KD 5070 yesterday (it’s awesome). I was lucky because it also came with a Signet TK3ea cartridge. I was looking at pictures of the Signet online and it looks like the original stylus on it says ‘Signet’ on the grip, well it looks like that stylus has been replaced...
  4. kahler

Buying used Magnepan MMG speakers, what do I need to know??

I’ve been craving some new speakers and I really like Magnepans. A pair is up on a semi local craigslist (2 1/2 hours from me). I know older Magnepan speakers need to be reglued sometimes, right?? Is that the case with the MMGs as well? I know Maggies well enough to know that I want some, but I...
  5. kahler

Mystery speaker score!! Whitehall Audio??

Found these at a great annual benefit sale a few blocks from my house. My quick google search came up with zero info on the company. They look to be of nice quality so I figured I would pick them up. I am listening to them right now, they sound pretty good and image very well. Probably needs a...
  6. kahler

S/A Heathkit Speaker scroe/First recap question

Decided to swing by my local Salvation Army today on a whim. I rarely go because it is a pretty bad store with nothing good coming through. Today was a different case thought! I found a pair of Heathkit AS 104 speakers... final cost $6.40 for the pair! I picked them up quick! I have been...
  7. kahler

Nakamichi BX 300 help needed

Howdy ya'll, I just purchased a Nakamichi BX 300 off of craigslist. Upon inspecting the deck at the guy's house, I noticed that it was having trouble rewinding, I figured it was an idler tire issue (I have owned a bx 100 and bx 125, changed the tires on both). So he sold it to me for way less...
  8. kahler

What cartridge is this?? (mysterious Grado content)

Ok so I guess I do know what cartridge this is because it has the model number on it, the RP III. I just got this NOS on craigslist for $30, figured it my be worth the purchase. The stylus does have the Grado goo on it, I am supposed to leave that alone right? There doesn't seem to be any info...
  9. kahler

Speaker ID help

Howdy AK'ers. I found a pair of vintage three way speakers at a local shop for $45. I didn't buy them because I don't know what they are and I don't really need another pair of speakers. But if they are something saught after, the price is right. There were no markings on the cabinets other...
  10. kahler

Beogram nextel material

This may be a stupid question, but I just scored a Bangs and Olufsen Beogram 1700 today for $2. It came with a thin, low quality rubber slipmat, but am i supposed to put my recors directly on the metal platter? My hesitation is that the black parts on the platter feel like sand paper! I just...
  11. kahler

Curtis Mathes console help

If this isnt the right forum, please let me know!! I found a seller with a Curtis Mathes console for sale for $20. I know this is a reputable name but not much beyond that. Basically what I want to know is if this console is tube and worth driving an hour each way and hauling it i and out of...
  12. kahler

Need series vs parallel wiring advice

Howdy ya'll. Long time lurker, first time poster. Here is my dilemna, I recently acquired a Kenwood km 105 power amp that I bought to give my pioneer sx 3000(626) a boost to help power a pair of Cambridgr Soundworks Tower IIs. The ebay seller suggested I wire the speakers in series to get more...
Back
Top Bottom