Search results

1. Vintagecheap

Christmas time! SixCats! new toys!

I saw that add and knew they would go fast. I got my Energy 22's from him, nice guy to deal with. Can't wait to hear how they sound with your Fisher 400. I've got one I've wanted to recap since it started with a hum about 15 years ago. Haven't turned it on since. Good luck with those Missions...
  2. Vintagecheap

4-Ohm Speakers in Series

I think what you're saying is you want to hook up speaker one positive to the left channel positive on the amp, then from speaker one negative to speaker two positive, and speaker two negative to right channel negative on the amp. I don't think it would end well.
  3. Vintagecheap

Sansui integrated amplifier volume output too loud

A line level attenuator would work for the amp, but not for the headphones, at least not the ones I used a few years ago, as they go between the source and pre or pre and the amp. I used them between a 2 volt output CD player and a Fisher 400 receiver. Member Rothwellaudio sells the ones I used...
  4. Vintagecheap

Best Chair for Listening

I had a pair of favorite chairs before I got married, but the wife didn't like them so I gave them to a friend, who still has them. I still sit in them when I visit him a few states away. They are KEM Weber Springer Chairs. We called them "The world's most comfortable chair" before we knew the...
  5. Vintagecheap

Low budget bargain MCS receivers, JCP - any love?

That's a re badged Panasonic RA-6600. I gave my daughter a RA-6100, the same unit but without the tape player. Not a powerhouse but a nice warm tone and won't get her evicted.
  6. Vintagecheap

OHM Acoustics Made in Brooklyn NY .. Let's See yours

I like my K2's a lot. Almost as much as my Energy 22's. They are better for jazz in my opinion, but don't go nearly as low as the 22's do. But they shine in the midrange. I just got a pair of Ohm model E's, but haven't listened to them yet, still have to get the grills off and check the drivers...
  7. Vintagecheap

What songs do you want played at your funeral?

I've been to hundreds of funerals in my life, both family and friends and as a long time altar boy. (Probably not as many as the OP, though.) The church I attended had a pipe organ with 4,518 pipes from 4 inches to to the 32+ foot wooden pipes. I never got tired or hearing it. So, as one of my...
  8. Vintagecheap

Dolby FM tones in Lady Gaga song?

WAAF out of Worcester MA. "The Rock and Roll Air Force"! Fond memories of listening to them in my youth. Think I still have a set of wings they gave out somewhere.
  9. Vintagecheap

RtR Tweeter?

https://maine.craigslist.org/ele/d/bingham-rtr-vintage-tweeters/7330804088.html
  10. Vintagecheap

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Jun 15, 2015
  11. Vintagecheap

AR AR9LS Sacrilege

But as the seller says, "These are working flawlessly." Gotta be worth the $1500 asking price, no? :dunno::naughty::bigok:
  12. Vintagecheap

Share your Audio Disasters

Back in high school I collected 78 rpm's and hand crank phonographs. I had my 12 favorite records in the same album, right on top of the pile. I was very careful to not play those often, as I had transferred them to reel to reel tapes and listened that way most often. When i did play them, it...
  13. Vintagecheap

Vandersteen speakers - $75 in Massachusetts

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/ele/d/natick-vandersteen-speakers/7252892952.html If I was closer.....
  14. Vintagecheap

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

https://worcester.craigslist.org/ele/d/baldwinville-custom-made-speakers/7252962251.html Cosmetically, this is a good job. But why??? Add says: custom made speakers- $600 klh model 12 speakers from early 60s re machined to fit sansui sp-2500 speakers rated at 80 watts pr channel. added ports...
  15. Vintagecheap

FB Marketplace: Ohm Model D2 speakers. Work like new. In very good shape with some cosmetic damage on the fabric grilles. The speakers themselves are not damaged at all and they work well and sound amazing. Ohm speakers are arguably the best sounding speakers ever made for consumers. These D2s...
  16. Vintagecheap

What could these 5 Pin Din adapters be used for?

Found these: https://www.tapeheads.net/showthread.php?t=65247 https://www.8bitclassics.com/product/c64-svideo/
  17. Vintagecheap

Looking for best portable soldering iron option.

I really like my rat shack mini butane iron. I'm on my second one in 20 years. Besides soldering, the torch tip is great for shrink tubing. If you get one, keep in mind its very easy to overheat the tip, so watch how high you set it. The tips are replaceable, which is good.
  18. Vintagecheap

What is the best 5 disc CD changer ever made?

I'm glad I saw this thread. I also have an Adcom GCD-700 that sounds like it was going to self destruct when switching discs. I took it out of the system because of this. But with so many people saying the same thing, I might put it in the bedroom system and use it. It does sound good. I use a...
  19. Vintagecheap

When you watch a movie TOO MANY TIMES

The movie I've seen the most is the 1986 film 'Round Midnight'. With Dexter Gordon playing the lead, supported by the likes of Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Bobby Hutcherson, Martin Scorsese. It starts out really slow. So slow in fact I fell asleep the first two times I watched it. It's a sad...
  20. Vintagecheap

Saw a speaker fly out of a car today.

You've got to STOP the car before adjusting toe-in!
  21. Vintagecheap

From FB marketplace this week. Not sure what to think about these...
  22. Vintagecheap

When you are selling on the Bay but...

Lol, and they even had it open for pics already.... Mabey they think the vintage dust counts as 'patina' and didn't want to 'ruin' it?
  23. Vintagecheap

How the mighty have fallen.

My sister bought my dad an all in one, I think it was a Crosley, last year. When he moved a few years ago, he gave away his stereo console he bought in 1970 (the one in my Avatar), but kept most of his records. He's fast approaching 80 yrs old, and really liked his records, including many French...
Back
Top Bottom