Search results

1. Fishead

Excessive needle chatter with Denon 103r

I'm not thinking something is off with the stylus necessarily, but rather something else with the cartridge.....a suspension issue, perhaps? IF the suspension becomes too stiff, as in rubber getting old and brittle, I could see that restricting compliance and creating the kind of issue you are...
  2. Fishead

The Progenitor of High Mass Belt Drives: A Components Corp. PBT Found

You might try Ace Hardware if you have one of those nearby......I was looking to replace the rubber grommets on my Teac X-1000R that fit over the reel spindles and was amazed at the variety of such stuff they carry. Good luck, this should be a very fun project for you!
  3. Fishead

Thorens TD-160/TP-16 Issue… pulling my hair out!

Good for you, @eurekaiv and well done! Yeah, this hobby can become a bit unnerving at times but usually, usually it's just so darn much fun! Especially when you finally figure out what was wrong!!!
  4. Fishead

Setup & Loading help

I've never heard of the "engineer" who recorded this record but her name is Judy Szekely. Glyn Johns is listed as the "producer," and I've not heard anything that he was involved with as far as the recording quality goes (e.g. first 2 Eagles albums) that I have found particularly pleasing to my...
  5. Fishead

Nottingham Analogue Space Arm Wiring

Hey @kyle, very interesting that you mention the Boston Acoustic mat......which one do you have? I think there is a 1 and now a 2 that is thinner but I'm really not sure. What I am sure of is that they want $250 for one of those!!! Whew! Guess I'd have to hear the difference to make that...
  6. Fishead

Yeah, I did a video on YouTube on the amount of play I had so it may have been the one you saw......it's here: In any case, you're right about the pivot assembly being trapped by the stabilizer bars. You can get to it pretty easily though and needn't take the assembly out to do a cleaning of...
  7. Fishead

Hey Jimmie, I have not noticed that the balance shifts with the amount of antiskating applied.....I also have not heard that IGD many have talked about either though.
  8. Fishead

Well, I can say this......you know that grub screw on top of the arm at the base that you're not supposed to touch? Well, I "touched" it but only after I could see that it had already been "touched" by a previous owner and it was pretty loose and wonky so I set about trying to see exactly how...
  9. Fishead

Oppo BDP-105 has no WiFi adaptor?

Thank you everyone for the help.....I wrote an email to Oppo customer support and as usual, they were just so good and fast at responding. They confirmed what some here have said and the wifi connection is achieved through the use of an adapter which they sent in the box with those units, a USB...
  10. Fishead

Oppo BDP-105 has no WiFi adaptor?

Greetings, troubleshooting this for a friend who just bought a used BDP-105 and says there is no WiFi adaptor in this unit. I was stunned and we went through the setup menu only to find that it kept coming up with a message that said it could not be found..... Question: does anyone know if...
  11. Fishead

I tend to think you are correct about azimuth not being adjustable with that arm. And yes, there really is very sparse information about these tables. I first used the supplied foam mat and it sounded very nice. Tom Fletcher had said the platter should be covered with that which is why he...
  12. Fishead

The Marantz Didn't Work Out - How About McIntosh MX 123?

Hey all.....bumming here in NW New Mexico because the Marantz AVR8805A just didn't work out. The sound using the "Direct" mode was just so dull and lifeless!!! I still don't get it because in Direct mode, it should just pass the incoming, analog signal on to my power amp but I'm tellin' ya...
  13. Fishead

Well done, @jimmielx! It's a bit of an art to get that grub screw into the "yoke" right at the place where it will make solid contact with the ground wire, that's why I was emphasizing it but your thoughts regarding losing ground at the pivot are certainly interesting. One would think that...
  14. Fishead

Such a fine job, @jimmielx! What still puzzles me is why it was necessary to attach that extra ground wire? It would appear that the ground wire from your phono stage should ground the arm assembly if the grub screw in the base connects to it by virtue of tightening it to secure the assembly...
  15. Fishead

Korvet 003

You can try, but probably not.....I've had to get email addresses to get manuals to other AK members. I'm not sure, but I think there may be a manuals section here on AK and maybe that would be a way to upload it here so @radiokom can download it from here. Perhaps a moderator might chime in...
  16. Fishead

Modern day high elliptical tracking forces concern..

Apologize if this question has been asked and answered before. Can we say the micro ridge stylus, the one @cafe latte is recommending for doing least damage to the record, is the same thing as micro line? as line contact? as microlinear? Gets a little confusing.....
  17. Fishead

There's a cam in the piston and this can be worn, producing a notch of sorts so if you don't get the lever up properly, it will find its way past the cam and start to drop. This can have disastrous consequences with regard to the health of your cantilever so it's always a good idea to park the...
  18. Fishead

PS - how quickly does the arm drop when you lower it? These things will, sooner or later, require some work to get to work right. Hint: it's a Rega product, the whole assembly, and it requires something called silicone oil to provide the resistance for the proper drop-rate.
  19. Fishead

Hi there @jimmielx and a fine welcome to you sir to the AK community! Good job so far on your remake of that fine old table and I'm thinking you have it pretty well resolved aside from the tonearm wiring perhaps. First, I do not know that arm except that it is indeed an older model and there...
  20. Fishead

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

A fine winner! Congrats to you @hjames, and I for one very much agree that we really "are all just walking each other home," amigoette! I just love that! Carry on......
  21. Fishead

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

I just love happy endings!!! You are very welcome amigo, and I hope you will be enjoying this for a long time to come.....
  22. Fishead

Yamaha PX-3 surprises.....

Hey @gary7, I’ve read about this before with the PX-3 but seems like it would take some pretty serious work to make it right…..just firin it up and using it is not a solution I’ve seen before and now I’m discovering it may in fact not be. It’s intermittent presently so my thought is to just use...
  23. Fishead

Yamaha PX-3 surprises.....

Just thought I'd give a heads up here......I had not used my PX-3 very extensively over the last couple years, playing a record on it once in a while, maybe every couple weeks or so as it is one of three tables in my secondary system that gets used only occasionally. Well, today I fired up...
  24. Fishead

Thorens TD-160 Motor replacement- "HELP"

Before going to a lot of trouble, I would ask if your 160 has the metal post next to the motor pulley that keeps the platter from making contact with the spindle? If not, that might be how your spindle wound up bent in the first place. So, have a look and if there is no post, it would be...
Back
Top Bottom