Search results

1. radio-ology

Matching Preamps with amps

Thank you guys for the quick reply. Im to meet the seller of the krell tomorrow and was concerned that the output of tube amps can be higher than SS and not be a good match. I know you want the load resistance to be higher. So 30 ohms into a 100k should not be a problem. I now feel more...
  2. radio-ology

Matching Preamps with amps

Hello, are there any specifics to matching a Preamp to an Amp? Or can any be paired together. I have an opportunity to pick up a Krell kav-250a amp on a deal but there is no pre amp. I have a Fisher 400cx tube preamp. Can i pair this with the SS krell 250a amp with good results. I have a...
  3. radio-ology

New Owner of 400-c (2)

Hello, i apologize if hacking a thread but not sure how/where to post question.? I have a 400-cx and a 300 sa b. I have an opportunity to get a Krell sav-250a amp cheap. can anyone tell me if the 400-cx will function as a good preamp for the krell 250a? Appreciate some insight. Thanks Denis
  4. radio-ology

Why does Leestereo insist on increasing power supply/decoupling capacitors?

Thanks for reply Lee, With that said and the fact that i replaced the caps with the nominal values, ill replace them with the bumped up values you mentioned in your AU-717 restore thread. Ill go with the Nichicon UPW series better designed for pwr ckts. (wish i found AK before I started)...
  5. radio-ology

Why does Leestereo insist on increasing power supply/decoupling capacitors?

aside from from cap size, the type appears also to be of importance . You mentioned low esr for the P.S Caps. I just replaced all the PS bd electros with nichicom fine gold caps. Mnfr doesnt state esr values on these . Was that a bad choice, should i swap them out again with those mentioned...
  6. radio-ology

Peekskill, NY Blue Mountain Lodge Audio Fest - Saturday, September 14th, 2019

I posted the flyer at the Stormville flea market in stormville, NY . There was a record seller there that agreed to post it. This place gets 1000s of people every Holiday weekend event. Note: at this event, I’ve never seen so many record sellers before. There were teenagers walking around...
  7. radio-ology

Gerosa records CD selection is basically non existent. It’s a six ft table.
  8. radio-ology

Peekskill Audio Fest and Meetup. September 14th, 10a-?

I’ll be returning with the Fisher 300B tube amp and tube 400cx preamp with the killer KLH 4 woofer speakers. I have to travel Iight this year as it’s the day after I get back from MD, so no Sansui Reel to Reel, Garrard RC-88 and no Stephens Tru Sonic Duplex speaker. I plan to spin some nice 45s...
  9. radio-ology

I did bring the flyer to Gerosa records and they agreed to post it. I told them to give me some business cards and I’ll have them on my table. They liked that. They have an enormous selection of vinyl.
  10. radio-ology

That’s a great idea. I’ll print it and see if they’ll post it at my record store in Brookfield ,ct. they are a huge store for vinyl. Maybe I’ll offer to distribute. Their business card at show if they help promote it.
  11. radio-ology

Hi Glen.??? Does AudioKarma have some posting location thread for events (like audio fests ) That you can post the Blue mnt event. There’s got to be other avenues we can use to promote this great event. I believe if we can spread the word more , they will come. Any ideas Can we post local...
  12. radio-ology

Truck is loaded up. Sansui Quad reel to reel (sounds really nice), Garrard 78 rpm TT with some classic records. Going to spin some 45s also. I’m actually surprised at how good they sound. I’m bringing old glory, the 1957 Stevens truSonic duplex speaker. This baby’s been through more Than the...
  13. radio-ology

Hey Lar. I got the Garrard running nice on all speeds. The change on 78 takes about 3-4 seconds. Sounds great. Can’t wait to display its beauty. See in a couple .Denis
  14. radio-ology

Hi Bryan’s 12v. I’ll gladly share my Klh set with your tube amp. They sing when hooked to my Fisher 300 tube amp (which I will also bring), (they have (4) 6’ woofers in ea tower and are very efficient. What else I’m bringing: 1950s Stephens TruSonic duplex mono speaker (the sister to the...
  15. radio-ology

I still have the KLH stereo speakers, and they are killers, but I’m looking to show something new. I believe the 400cx has a true mono output on it and it only puts out 30 watts, so not sure its capable of popping any speakers. The Garrard TT is in process of restoration so I Haven’t verified...
  16. radio-ology

Glen,I think setting Demo times would be a great enhancement. Never been to any other show. But always thought it would be nice to have each individual demo their gear with all focused on one system at a time where the owner can tell us all about his system to the group.
  17. radio-ology

Tubeactive, I’ll bring the Fisher 400-CX and the SA-300B. I just picked up a Garrad RC88/4 and bought a GE VRII cartridge. my 78 mono collection is very weak at this point, so if you have some stuff to demo that would be great. I can bring my 1960 Altec Lansing 604C duplex or the 1957...
  18. radio-ology

Hey guys, see you’re planning a May 19th show. I think I can make that. I think this time I’ll leave the KLH 4-woofer speaker system home and go all vintage. I’ll bring the 1959 fisher tube system with a 1956 Stephen’s tru-sonic 15” duplex speaker (the sister to the Alec 604c) and a nice 1960...
  19. radio-ology

NY Blue Mountain Lodge Audio Fest-Peekskill - Saturday, September 15th, 2018

I agree it was another great time. Thanks to all who attended to make it a successful event. I like sounddragons idea where we can match components together for different sounds. It was nice hooking my KLHs up to DS200s Onkyo as well as last year connecting the fisher tube to Chris's ARs. I...
  20. radio-ology

Hi Glenn, I'll be returning with the 1959 Fisher tube gear and the 4 woofer KLHs. Also will be bringing a TT to play some fine vinyl. What time do doors open. Did you hear if Tyler and Chris are coming, It sure would be nice to see all the guys again. Last year was great time. Denis
  21. radio-ology

Glen, count me in. As the date approaches I'll send you the entrance fee. Do you know if there is a BBQ there? Would be nice to do some Burgers and Dogs, I think we got a little hungry last time. I wouldnt mine playing chef for awhile.???? Just an idea Denis
  22. radio-ology

Hey guys , is this the main thread for the blue mountain lodge audio fest in September or is there another? I had such a great time at the last one hanging with you all and the fine gear. I'm planning on returning with The Fisher tube amp and maybe some classic altec 604s this time instead of...
  23. radio-ology

Odd 4 woofer speakers. Possible white vans?

Excellent thread. I have a pair from an estate sale. I brought them to an AK audio file gathering with my Fisher Sa-300b tube amp and 400-cx tube preamp. They were all amazed when they heard these freaky speakers. If I knew how to post the AK link of the event you'd see the pics and accolades...
  24. radio-ology

AU-717 by leestereo's recipe (yet another)

Thanks for the Education Hyperion, i see your point & agree. i'm a bit green on these forums. but learning.
Back
Top Bottom