Search results

1. B

My Listening Buddies

You would be amazed how many times I have "cured" problems (that vets wanted $1000's of dollars for) with simple home remedies...We really do need to pay attention to how/what we give our pets now. I feel your pain!! Love this thread!
  2. B

Speakers as rooms

How does it sooooound?
  3. B

Very nice Pioneer TT

Just when all of you thought it couldnt get better (well that is subjective) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Denon-DP-100M-Direct-Drive-Turntable-with-DK-1000-Plinth-/252091221218?hash=item3ab1cec4e2
  4. B

Very nice Pioneer TT

At least! As others have said, not too sure about the photos! At that price, might as well buy it a plane ticket and meet it at the airport! Im gonna keep an eye on this one, interested to see what it will sell for. Too bad we wont know what happens afterwards!
  5. B

Goodwill on line

Me too. Its hit or miss. Maybe its a Chrome or Windows 10 glitch due to a recent update?
  6. B

Very nice Pioneer TT

And I do mean VERY nice! (Not my auction, just wanted to share) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-Exclusive-P3-Japanese-Audiophile-Turntable-Beautiful-Condition-w-S-Arm-/351510656857?hash=item51d7aaf759
  7. B

Happy Birthday to 75Center

haha awesome!
  8. B

Please stop for a moment, and count your blessings

Talking about refugees plights isnt political. Talking about the motives behind the plight, yes (which I havent seen here). I dont see how talking about what refugees have in their backpacks has anything to do with politics. But I guess that is up for a mod to decide? I for one try NEVER to...
  9. B

Please stop for a moment, and count your blessings

Lonely, VERY lonely... I was homeless for a little over a year. I went from owning my own place and making high 5, low 6 figures per year, to being homeless (partially by choice). Not to take away from a refugees plight but I can relate to those images. Even in the day time it is lonely...
  10. B

Anyone want to help me choose a rug for my living room?

Just make sure the carpet matches the curtains ;)
  11. B

Neighbors and loud music

Hey, he was on your property, he was lucky all he got was the hose! If you dont mind, what area of OC was this? I was born and raised in Westminster (Little Saigon) on the border of Santa Ana. So I am VERY familiar with those types (childish gang bangers).
  12. B

Neighbors and loud music

I feel the same way sometimes. It is an anxious feeling. I dont get it every time but once in a while I do. Usually in the day time, before 3pm, I listen as loud as I want. After 3, I think kids might be doing homework, dinner, people getting home from work who have been up since 3am, etc...
  13. B

Beginners guide on what to look for with equipment at a yard sale

I totally agree. I made so much $$$ before the age of 25 that it really did force me to change my ways... I know many people who would disagree with this idea but for myself, personally, I have too much heart...Or a soft heart some might say. But I do not let it interfere with business. ONLY...
  14. B

Yes! Although the exceptions can be, if the person selling happens to be a "collector" and seems to share similar interests (which is rare but has happened) I also try not to use words like "rare" "vintage" "collectors item", etc...I think I read on this thread that people seem to get "ideas"...
  15. B

feign disinterest...NEVER let them know how much you want something. AND if the person you are buying from is old or super kind, dont rip them off! Matter of fact, dont rip anyone off but then again, dont give your money away either.
  16. B

Finally found an AVR that's Musical

Yes. I call that my night time listening mode. It comes in handy when I want to drift off too sleep. On my DENON it shuts everything off, including display. Pure Direct.
  17. B

Talking 2 the Wife

The secret is to ask if she wants to come along and eventually she will get tired of it! They just want to be included..lol
  18. B

Well ... This Sucks.

Yeah I really think most sales are from people who stumble across items. Most of the gear in primo condition is usually original owner and much more expensive. Sounds like your seller didnt know how to start his bids a little higher or at least use a reserve. Now he is throwing a tantrum. You...
  19. B

Any thrift shoppers?

Yes pray our pieces find respectful collectors!
  20. B

Any thrift shoppers?

That table lifts out of that cabinet! Should of grabbed it!!
  21. B

In Jail For A Loud Stereo (someone asked)

Blame the speakers!!
  22. B

Finally found an AVR that's Musical

I think the late 90's to the mid/late 00's might have been the grand days of HT amps. Didnt they come out with some serious beasts? That yamaha Z9 and V1 (can be bought for roughly %10 of retail) being a couple of them. Cant go wrong with any of the TOTL AVR amps from either DENON or Yamaha...
  23. B

Thrift store score- Denon AVR-2308ci

I know my DENON rocks for 5.1 but is so-so for 2 channel
  24. B

In Jail For A Loud Stereo (someone asked)

***political comments deleted by moderator***
Back
Top Bottom