Search results

1. The Fuxtor

AU101 rectifier short.

Check your right channel driver board and outputs
  2. The Fuxtor

What is the consensus on replacing working transistors?

@rcs16 is a super valued member here . Respect should be given. Maybe a few people should look back to see what's what!
  3. The Fuxtor

Thanks to many on AK, there is much info on what the proper replacements are. Thanks everyone for that!! Don't get me wrong, I try to replace broken parts with a replacement that is as close to original but still also available!
  4. The Fuxtor

I guess I like to ruin vintage receivers and have them in service still as opposed to tossing them in the dumpster. Carry on ..
  5. The Fuxtor

Sansui Qrx - 5500

50 bucks is a steal. You did good!
  6. The Fuxtor

Sansui Qrx - 5500

Yes
  7. The Fuxtor

Flying saucer transistors

Those are also a good option
  8. The Fuxtor

Can I measure the output power of a tube amp without an oscilloscope?

You would need an oscilloscope
  9. The Fuxtor

Grill'n a Pair of Polk Monito 7's

Very nice looking!
  10. The Fuxtor

Kenwood C1 Balance pot

I believe there are balance pot bypass mods floating around the internet for this unit? I essentially never use the balance control
  11. The Fuxtor

The final curtain - Mama finally passed away

My condolences. May she Rest in Peace
  12. The Fuxtor

What are these across speaker terminals ?

Those are total overkill, but will prevent the on/off thump!
  13. The Fuxtor

Bucking transformer

Your wall voltage may also fluctuate during the day , my voltage jumps around from 122 - 125 ACV depending on the time of day.
  14. The Fuxtor

Bucking transformer

Shouldn't be an issue. As long as your heaters aren't being starved , it should be quite happy
  15. The Fuxtor

Newbee Q of the Day - Pioneer SX780: I'm inputting 1,000Hz into AUX but only getting 8-10 VAC out of the speaker terminal at full volume. Now what?

OP is now wondering why one channel is weaker then the other at this point? ☝️
  16. The Fuxtor

Good spacers for stacking gear?

I've used Lego bricks...
  17. The Fuxtor

Newbee Q of the Day - Pioneer SX780: I'm inputting 1,000Hz into AUX but only getting 8-10 VAC out of the speaker terminal at full volume. Now what?

I think you can still buy service bulbs in incandescent? I use 60 watt bulbs. If you go to home Depot, you can get a double socket adapter. That way you can mix and match for desired wattage. I mostly keep 2 - 60 watts screwed in , but if I want just 60 watts , I unscrew one bulb till it's out...
  18. The Fuxtor

Sansui AU-217 restoration

Look for flame proof/retardant type. When they do their job of acting as a fuse they won't catch fire
  19. The Fuxtor

I had an app signal generator at one time, but it would never produce enough input voltage for power testing gear. OP, I bought a fairly cheap digital signal generator from Amazon. It works quite well for the cost.
  20. The Fuxtor

Marantz 2240 need more Watts.

It Doesn't harm anything.... I mix those up seems like every time. I should add , it obviously won't produce any sound tho ...
  21. The Fuxtor

Ahhh. Right! Good eye
  22. The Fuxtor

If y You can connect a dedicated power amp into those connections.
  23. The Fuxtor

Does the receiver have main in RCA connections on the rear? If so you can patch in an amplifier there.
  24. The Fuxtor

Luxman R-1040 Repair Question.

Sounds like a board to check
Back
Top Bottom