Search results

1. jarmusch

Can I fix a Sansui au X701?

hi guys, I haven't been here for quite some time, and I know it's an old thread, but hope my query will be answered. that is, I've recently acquired a 701 (again - :)) and want to restore it. I believe that I can do all - but the trimpot replacement looks to be a bit tricky :idea: in that the...
  2. jarmusch

Guide to Perreaux E2 bias and DC-offset

it's a bit of a resurrection of the thread, I know, but I just acquired one of these E2 amps. two questions, please, if I may. that is, it seems that the bias current in my amp is only 22mA but the heatsinks get pretty hot. to add, I made the measurements as advised above on pleace of the the...
  3. jarmusch

JBL 4412 - light on bass?

I know it's an old thread but> I have just acquired a pair of 4412s in pretty good shape :). they sound very decent, no probs with them - the reason, though, why I joined this 3-year old thread is that I just found something that's new to me. that is, the 4412, among other JBLs, is a 'negative'...
  4. jarmusch

too bassy a sansui ,THE AU-607...

to the OP, I honestly believe it's the source-amp-speaker-room relation what defines the sound of the system - so what you hear is a result of the interaction of the aforementioned all, not of the amp alone (especially as you didn't know how it sounded in the same system before the re-cap, did...
  5. jarmusch

Source for Nichicon 12000uF 71V caps, or any good alternatives

thanks, guys - much appreciated. will see. 15000uF seems to be too much, though. also, are the Nippons a good fit in place of the Nichicons as I saw a mamber was kindly thrashed due to replacing them for DNMs...
  6. jarmusch

thanks John - but that's the max. diameter (such as the given height), a smaller one (rather, 2) would be perfectly okay
  7. jarmusch

hi lads, as above, I'm looking for a good Nichicon 12000uF 71V (or higher Voltage) pair of caps, or any good alternatives, for my AU-X901 amp's PSU. size must not exceed 40x75mm. please advise if you have any reliable sources (apart from PCX and Percy as they seem not carrying them any more)...
  8. jarmusch

Sansui B-2102 Amplifier find

I know, John, hence was my question - that naturally was meant to judge the sonics. now, and how did the two compare in hi-fi talk, please :idea:
  9. jarmusch

Sansui B-2102 Amplifier find

you guys in the know, I wonder how the C/P-2101 duo compares to the X-series (701, 711, 901) amps?
  10. jarmusch

Sansui au-X711 paired with KEF 105/3 need more power?

if you can afford go for the 707MR which, whatever really good the 711 is, is not only more powerful but is a later, and better-sounding amp, as well. BTW, the 4-Ohm rating for the 711 is 130W/ch
  11. jarmusch

Sansui AU-X711 bias setting

oh I know, I missed but the volume has to be set at maximum to get the reading :bigok: > done, and voila, there was a difference :). now all's set and the 711 just is singing :music:
  12. jarmusch

hi JoMark, the multimeter must be okay as it'd been working perfectly when measuring the Hot/Cold and Hot /GND values using the kVR1 and kVR2 trimpots - as in section 2-1 (Driver Amp Adjustment) in the Service Manual, respectively -, and since then it's all right, as well. the problem may be...
  13. jarmusch

hi John, that's what I'd suspected from the off - and what I finally did. not that removing a bottom plate is that difficult - rather, measuring at one side of the board with the amp on its side then adjusting from the other side finding one's way amongst the components on the board each time...
  14. jarmusch

however, back to the original question as to how to access the bias measuring points I've not received any responses. is it really that I have to dis-assamble the amp to get access to the power board where those Noble resistors are? :(
  15. jarmusch

MANY thanks again, John :thumbsup:, your words will be heeded. to note, I'm not an electrician/engineer only have some basic related knowledge, hence the sometimes, and probably, hairshirt questions :naughty: - though have pretty good ears :rockon:
  16. jarmusch

hi John, wow, that's something: I ask anything Sansui, you chime in and say the facts :thumbsup:. MANY thanks, mate, much appreciated :trebon:, and will do as advised. ooops, another question: shall I, for safety, replace the zener with a higher Voltage/Watt one, or use one with the same values?
  17. jarmusch

I have a question, though, that is, closest to the upper edge and corner of the 'Power Amp (k)' - as it says - driver(?) board there's a big blue 470R 2W(?) resistor, and beside it a (seemingly) diode. under it, and the edge of the panel there, the PCB is pretty brown, and that diode-looking...
  18. jarmusch

hi Marc, yes, as I wrote before "the reason why I was curious was that there's no other Sansui Alpha series amp even amongst the Japanese-only ones that resembles this model. closest are the Alpha 607 Extra L and Alpha 707DR - but this one (i.e. the 711) is neither as it has XLRs (like the...
  19. jarmusch

hi Marc, thanks for the positive input - much appreciated. yes, I know the similarity between the two and, hence, did consciously purchase the 711 instead of the much more complicated 911DG - with the DAC added as another source for troubles, and which I simply don't need. BTW, and back to the...
  20. jarmusch

and that was something for today for you, John
  21. jarmusch

hi John, MANY thanks, you're a gent, really. BTW, when I bought the amp I also purchased the original Service Manual - but that's still on its way towards here, hence the need for help. when here I might be able to do everything myself
  22. jarmusch

BTW, to those in the know, before purchase I'd searched the net for the origins of the 711 (except te bigger bro 911DG) but found really nothing. the reason why I was curious was that there's no other Sansui Alpha series amp even amongst the Japanese-only ones that resembles this model. closest...
  23. jarmusch

thanks, John :-) . well, after the above re-settings (H-C & H-G) and some half'n hour listening it does make obviously better noises than my venerable 701 (though the L channel the heatsinks of which are colder than those of the R one distorts a bit> hence the will to check and re-set bias)...
  24. jarmusch

thanks again, John. also, I've contacted one of the 711 owners here and have crossed my fingers...
  25. jarmusch

great man, now I SEE :-)
Back
Top Bottom