Search results

1. try1256

CAT networking cable as high performance speaker wire?

I tried it many years ago. Didn’t like it. Very harsh sounding. There are much better choices out there.
  2. try1256

The Official SOTA Turntable Thread

I think I would agree. I have done minor adjustments to mine but would leave major repairs to the pro’s.
  3. try1256

speaker break-in

I am at about 85 hours on my Maggie LRS’s. I can tell you, break in is real. No doubt at all.
  4. try1256

POLK Audio SDA-2A Thoughts

I had both. 2b’s were better speakers. From what I recall, the crossover was wired a bit different which improved the performance. Allowed for use of he latest tweeters.
  5. try1256

Inexpensive stylus cleaner, much cheaper than Onzow.

Soundsmith Aida
  6. try1256

I am just following the instructions of the man who actually built my cartridge. Just sayin. He pretty emphatically says not to use liquid cleaners.
  7. try1256

I have a Soundsmith Aida. I use blue tack as prescribed by Peter Lederman. 3 years, no problems, does the job.
  8. try1256

I love mine. It was manufactured in 1987 and refurbed somewhere along the line to a series 3. You are correct. Once I got it set up right, it doesn’t require fiddling. Unlike my old Thorens. I feel no need to look any further.
  9. try1256

Beautiful! How are you liking it so far?
  10. try1256

Should I, a young buck, move to Florida

I worked in that business for many years. Stay in school.
  11. try1256

Sota & Linear tracker

Did they have to grow the trees to make the plinth?
  12. try1256

Congrats! Looks Awesome and I bet it is going to sound wonderful!
  13. try1256

Help w/ Pioneer PL 50

Mine did that once. The stopper bar was too tight. It was engaging the pin on the platter too soon and not triggering the auto return. Not sure what else it might be. I would be really surprised if it is a tracking issue but anything is possible I suppose.
  14. try1256

Help w/ Pioneer PL 50

It probably needs adjusting more. It took me a while to get mine operational. Once I got it working, I havent had to do much to it. I worked on mine by taking the belt off and manually turning the platter to actuate the auto return. You can do it slower and follow the mechanism to see what is...
  15. try1256

Help w/ Pioneer PL 50

I am using the Pioneer PC 35 cart that came on the table with a modern replacement stylus. Don’t know who made the stylus, it has a conical stylus and sounds wonderful on this table. The arm on the PL-50 likes a low compliance cart. I believe the Denon DL-103 has been recommended here on AK...
  16. try1256

Help w/ Pioneer PL 50

If you manually turn the table off while it is in the run out, does it return to the arm rest?
  17. try1256

Let's discuss cartridges, old, new, sound quality and such.

I have a Soundsmith Aida. SME M2-9 arm on a Sota Star TT. Great soundstage, Vivid 3D imaging and tracks like a champ. They are picky about set up, but once it is dialed in, the reward is great.
  18. try1256

Help w/ Pioneer PL 50

Another thing to consider. The Grado is not a good match for the PL-50 tone arm. The arm has a high effective mass and the Grado is a pretty high compliance cart.
  19. try1256

Help w/ Pioneer PL 50

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pioneer-pl-50-auto-return-mechanism.666650/ :D
  20. try1256

Help w/ Pioneer PL 50

It is probably the arm under the platter that triggers the auto return. If it is out of adjustment, it can cause that.
  21. try1256

I finally plugged my amps into a wall outlet

It didnt suck plugged into the PPP, just much better with the amp straight in the wall Just got a bit flat sounding. The VK-200 is a high current amp. My BAT phono stage and preamp also draw considerable current. It may be the combination is just too much. Regardless, there seem to be no ill...
  22. try1256

I finally plugged my amps into a wall outlet

I tried plugging my BAT VK-200 into the PS Audio Power Plant Premier. The results were less than stellar. Plugged into the wall and all is well.
  23. try1256

Alternative (cheaper) Record Clamp for Vacuum SOTA Tables ?

I use the Record Doctor clamp with mine. Works just fine. Purchased it a Audio Advisor.
  24. try1256

Is that your Millenia that Sota posted on their Facebook page?
  25. try1256

Not sure if you would get an accurate feel without the weight of the platter resting on the bearing/sapphire disc. Hopefully it is just fine. My understanding is that it is pretty obvious if there is a problem in the bearing when its running. When I bought mine, I was concerned about proper...
Back
Top Bottom