Search results

1. maxkelley

Jbl lt-1?

Thanks for the link... has anybody else ever heard these? That manual says they're meant to be installed in vehicles, while the back of them says studio monitor. Confusing, to say the least!
  2. maxkelley

Jbl lt-1?

Hi all, got these little bookshelf speakers from a TV station's old studio... They say "studio monitors" on the back of them, along with JBL's logo and the model number, LT-1. Not much on Google about them... they have threaded holes on the top and bottom, and came with mounting brackets. So it...
  3. maxkelley

DIY IC's - You Can Do It

When I saw this thread, I thought you were referring to DIY integrated circuits... and I thought "Wow, this guy must have a steady hand..." Aaaanyways, yeah, making your own cables is fun, and you can know exactly the quality of what you're putting into your system instead of relying on someone...
  4. maxkelley

Philips AH7841 Problems

That's awesome. A receiver fixed in one thread, across the internet, by a whole community of people. Now that's AudioKarma! Enjoy, ranman.
  5. maxkelley

pics of my setup

Hey, it's what sounds good to you, and that's not exactly plastic crap, that's some nice equipment, that Denon is. XLR inputs and outputs, that's pretty good stuff!
  6. maxkelley

A New Year , and broken gear.

To the shop to replace lightbulbs? Phaw, they can't cost that much, and if you really want your stuff back, I'd pay however much to just buy the bulbs and put them back in :)
  7. maxkelley

"The Death of High Fidelity" article in Rolling Stone

There's a radio station that is in the fringe reception zone for me, and it sounds like I'm not listening to radio at all. WLKK, from Wethersfield, Buffalo, NY, barely uses any compression because it always sounds quieter and has the dynamic range of, say, a CD or vinyl. All the other radio...
  8. maxkelley

System Wattage Consumption

The link seems to be a bit off.. http://the-gadgeteer.com/review/kill_a_watt_ez_electricity_usage_monitor
  9. maxkelley

"I Feel Like a Teenager Again"...

That's a beautiful setup.. I love the rectangle selectors on those Yamaha receivers.
  10. maxkelley

QSC CX302V- What to do????

Mkay, I looked at the QSC site, and it looks like the 70v output is a module? Maybe not.. look here: http://www.qscaudio.com/products/amps/cx/cx2/it42.htm
  11. maxkelley

QSC model 1700....

QSC, to quality-test their amps, throws them off the top of their warehouse (30-50 feet, I'd say?) They still work just like new when hooked back up. Take a look at their website, there's a video. http://www.qscaudio.com/media/
  12. maxkelley

V-moda headphones

Actually, I've heard quite a bit about these earbuds.. I think they're supposed to be pretty good, the v-moda vibes in particular. Here's a review on CNET, the only thing they say is bad about them is that they're sometimes a bit heavy on the low end, and may not fit nicely in some peoples'...
  13. maxkelley

Monarch STA-360X

Hmmm.. it's not tube, but SS :( Still looks interesting though.
  14. maxkelley

Monarch STA-360X

I saw one of these Monarch STA-360X receivers on craigslist, and I'm figuring it's tube. It's up there for 20 bucks. I was wondering if anyone knew much about this, and any of its specs, and wondering if it's worth it. Thanks! :)
  15. maxkelley

Pics of new rack

These shelves are built by a company called BDI, and they no longer carry the particular model (I think they're like 7ish years old) but they have similar ones, and fairly nice other styles. http://www.bdiusa.com
  16. maxkelley

Pics of new rack

Oh, I have one of those racks! Mine is only two shelves, but it's still very nice looking, like yours. Looks great!
  17. maxkelley

leaving equipment on, who does it?

If an amp is sitting at idle, it's not drawing the full 200-300 watts. Only what's being used.
  18. maxkelley

Possible Tube Comeback?

I saw this system in The Sharper Image catalog that came in the mail today... has "Hi-Fi audiophile tubes", which translates into a tube preamp and a Class D amp stage. Sounds interesting...
  19. maxkelley

New 2 channel gear from Yamaha

That's absolutely beautiful. If only other manufacturers will catch on and bring down the price.
  20. maxkelley

DVD recorders as audio recorders

They're really nice and easy, too.. Just hit record, and it creates a new thing on the disk.. If you find a model with a hard drive, you don't even have to worry about the disks. Hit record, and later, you can burn as many copies we like. At my school, we've moved event recording to these...
  21. maxkelley

Wow! So this is 2-channel!

I feel I have the same problem, in my bedroom system. I have B&W's as speakers on that system, and I feel that it would sound better if I had a better amp (currently one of those VSX receivers).. But, my vintage Sansui doesn't have an SPDIF in, for my computer :( :P
  22. maxkelley

My foray into "audiophile" cables...

What really baffles me are the improvements that people claim to hear from different optical audio cables.. The entire point of digital sound is to remove variations caused by cable.. I don't see how a more expensive optical cable could change anything, as long as the bit is either on or off...
  23. maxkelley

Who No Crown Equipment?

I think Crown is best known for their power amps being workhorses.. I never knew they made anything really but that.
  24. maxkelley

Toshiba SD3990 DVD player for CDs

We use one of those as a DVD player in our school TV studio, and my only gripe about it is that a lot of information isn't shown on the lcd, because of the limitations of it (4 7-segment leds)
  25. maxkelley

it's everywhere you look!

Argh, yes, those crazy sea-lubber parites.. always setting their swashbucklin' swords on me noisemakin' totems!
Back
Top Bottom