Search results

1. rek50

Sansui Eight - tuning shaft problems - 5 options

There's a small black plastic/nylon bearing, at the end of the tuner shaft. It also functions as a "Stop", to keep the gears aligned. The tuner knob doesn't bottom out on the face plate. If one were to pick up the 8, with the face plate/knobs against your gut...........the tuner shaft may be...
  2. rek50

Dispel/Destroy Your Least Favorite Corporate Cliche!

For the Greater Good. It's for the Children. It's good for the Community. Up to speed. Ramp up. World Economy. That said.....
  3. rek50

Old Sayings

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way. Panties can only bunch, if you WEAR them. A true measure of a man is the size of the thing that bothers him. No Whining! Drunk as a skunk. Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder Fart in a windstorm. Don't know whether to shit or go blind. Piss up a...
  4. rek50

New girl here wanting suggestions on speakers....

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=119640#post119640 Will the real******* please stand up...............
  5. rek50

CD-Player test

blownsi, I'm about 9 minutes from the "Honey Hut" icecream at Metro Parks/Hunington Beach (Lake Erie). I goofed on the model number, I have SCPH 1001. They may not be the "Best CD Player" but for the money they do OK.
  6. rek50

CD-Player test

Forget Google, too much crap. This should be the link: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5015&highlight=ultimate+player
  7. rek50

CD-Player test

pmsummer,I have the 1971 Atlantic CD. Maybe it's your CDP, then again.... Do a Google on "The Ultimate CD player". An audioheritage.org ( Lansing Heritage link), has a thread on "The Ultimate CD Player". It's the first gen. Play Station one. That's what I'm running. SCPH 5001. I was...
  8. rek50

CD-Player test

One of my favorite "Testing" CD is "If I Could Only Remember My Name" by David Crosby. Warm up your ears with track one, "Music Is Love". If you can smell the "Polish" of the Wood guitars, in your mind, you have dynamic range. On to track 4 "Laughing" , will reveal warm, but not over...
  9. rek50

JBL LE25 LE-25 upgrade or replacement??

Hey, 035TI, or 035TIA (JBL) tweets aren't too shabby if you can overlook the plastic. IMO, if you mount (install) them, and don't take them in/out several times, the plastic is NO issue. Lansing Heritage at www.audioheritage.org has more "Details".
  10. rek50

JBL 4311s getting big

Well, I was using the Sui X/O"s, when I toasted the mids and tweets. They also have the three position jobs for the mids/tweets. I added L-Pads to them. I run them (3/position) set at Natural, and adjust their "Volume" with the L-Pads. I Don't know why they got toasted (M/T's) when I ran the...
  11. rek50

JBL 4311s getting big

Andyman, I replaced the Sui woofers in my SP-200's and SP-2000's with JBL123A-1's (sp200) and 2213-H's(sp2000). I tried running the 2213-H's direct. Doing that TOASTED the mids and tweets. I'm guessing that taking out the "Woofer-Load" from the X/O, sent TOO much "Juice" to the mids/tweets. I...
  12. rek50

A chainsaw education?

WoW Man, that 20 incher should make your "Wood Chores" as easy as fartin through silk. You might consider a bit of extra 2-cycle oil to keep it well lubed during "Break-in". I used a Stilh 20" to make some dandy "Stepping Stones" out of a 18" dia. trunk. Keeping the RPM's UP (WOT) so the...
  13. rek50

Anyone ever hear of a "Homart" fan,. by Sears??

We had a "Homart" fan back in the 50's. The window screen acted as the "Guard". I remember having the "Chore" of cleaning all the dust/dirt off the screen. We usually had it set to blow out the hot air. The reverse action would introduce "Dust Bunnies", prompting my "Chore". I still remember...
  14. rek50

Any Chevy guys here who can help me?

Take off the gas/tank cap (to let air into the closed system). Loosen the fuel line fitting (from the tank) at the fuel pump. Gas should trickle out if it's in the fuel line. If it doesn't, try jacking up the rear to make the gas tank higher to allow the gas to run down hill to the fuel pump...
  15. rek50

A chainsaw education?

Alky-Gas is rough on the fuel lines. I now use Marathon or Shell (No Alkyhaul) gas in all my two-stroke noise makers. Stick to brand name 2-cycle oil, like Stihl. I've tried the cheaper ones from either blue/orange box stores...NFG, seems to clog the clunk (Filter). Chain oil doesn't seem to...
  16. rek50

Gas prices / One word

$3.25 one word
  17. rek50

JBL L5's

http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-L80T-L-80-T-Floor-Standing-Speakers-GREAT-BUY-L-K_W0QQitemZ5877574174QQcategoryZ61377QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Much more "Bang" for the buck. 035Tia, 104H-XX, ..... Hurry. No, I'm NOT the seller or partner.
  18. rek50

Zobel cap question.

For a DCR (Re) measurement, I measure the speaker by itself (not connected to the network), with the meter set to read ohms. At the link is a diagram, of a testing method. I haven't done it, but it looks "Pro"...
  19. rek50

Zobel cap question.

Well, I don't know how they determined the "Specs". A quick check with a multi-meter, to measure the RE and compare your measurement with their listed spec. If they're not the same, maybe the "Specs" were determined at a workable frequency. Try this link for more info...
  20. rek50

Zobel cap question.

Thanks for the link Pablol. I went there and tried to add it to my "Favorites" and low and behold, I had it already. A "Brain Skip", I guess. I saw one calc (I forget where) that was similar BUT, the measurements (Re-DCR and Le-inductance) were to be taken at the crossover point. Did you use...
  21. rek50

Zobel cap question.

How about a link to the Zobel Calc?
  22. rek50

JBL L5's

I've never listened to the L-5's. They use a fairly nice tweeter (035 TIA) BUT the mids are IMO, a lesser quality than the 104H series. If "Market Price" is used as an indicator, 104H's grab more money than 704G-1's. The 706G-1 LF drivers are also used in the L-5's. They don't grab much either...
  23. rek50

Sansui Eight Deluxe

Yes, the Eight Deluxe IS nice. I have one as well as the Eight (non-Deluxe model). The Deluxe employs closer tolerance components (resistors for example). The push button switches are a "Bugger" to get to for cleaning, so I use the "Red Greene" method. Knobs/Face Plate removed (DON'T Scratch the...
  24. rek50

CD Stoplight

ozmoid I used the Sharpie on the EDGE of the CD, NOT the surface. I tried it as per my post back on 9-19-05. The CD's I "Treated" with the Sharpie all play FINE and have NOT deteriorated one bit. I run the Sharpie around the outside edge, twice. It doesn't disolve or deteriorate it at all. I'm...
  25. rek50

Cleveland radio memories on the Web

Big Chuck an Little John are the thing now, AFAIK. Chuck can still be seen doing various commercials. Little John Rinaldi is a nut, like Chuck. Chuck is showing the miles, but then again, who isn't.... DOROTHY BABY, HOWEVER, COOL it WITH the BOOM BOOMS
Back
Top Bottom