Search results

1. jdurbin1

USPS merging Ground / Parcel / First Class package starting in July

Welcome to what they're calling "Ground Advantage", which you can read more about here: https://faq.usps.com/s/article/USPS-Ground-Advantage I skimmed the rate sheet, mostly for the first class package rates which I use quite a bit (US/Int'l)... seemed similar, maybe up a tad on the...
  2. jdurbin1

Formula 1 2023 - racing, tech AND driver discussions welcome here

Just putting this in as a placeholder, will bring content as it develops. Please note I am not setting any boundaries on the content for this thread, but of course AK guidelines apply. I will report any offensive posts but your opinions are welcome here otherwise. One piece of news reported...
  3. jdurbin1

FlyHiFi shout-out for new AK member A+++

Bought a piece of vintage test equipment from FlyHiFi and am super happy with the purchase. It showed up in absolutely mint condition, packed carefully and shipped in a timely manner, well done! John
  4. jdurbin1

old transistor ID

Sorting through an old bag of parts, ran across two unused TO-92 transistors marked as follows (top to bottom): 232-2 two wavy lines logo, 108 E B C Tests as a good NPN part, but I can't tie that logo to a manufacturer though I know I've seen it before. Pics: TIA, John
  5. jdurbin1

kmulkey delivers

Picked up a nice accessory from Keith, showed up promptly in good working condition as advertised. Transaction couldn't have gone any smoother - thanks! John
  6. jdurbin1

Replacing opamps in a/d/s/ C10ps powered subwoofer - seeking tech input

I took a quick look at my non-working sub the other day. Lights up but no sound at all. I confirmed the power supply is alive, at least it lights up and I get typical rail voltages at the output transistors, no DC offset etc. Not getting good sine signal at the gain control, but do have it at...
  7. jdurbin1

ya hate to see rampant delusion break out this early in the season, Bob...

By far one of the more entertaining - and likely unintentionally revealing as to the seller's non-compos mentis - listings I've seen in quite a while. https://www.ebay.com/itm/TANDBERG-MODEL-3080A-PROGRAMABLE-RECEIVER-KING-of-NORWAY-MADE-IN-OSLO-RAREST/162813792823 Back story: this guy bought...
  8. jdurbin1

Denon DL-103R good fit for PS-X7, DP-62L?

Looking at picking up a DL-103R (or DL-103) to try out on one of these two decks... any thoughts on suitability, also on mounting requirements? I have both arms and all of the weights for the DP-62L, and the corresponding OEM headshells for either table. Music could be anything from rock to...
  9. jdurbin1

Nichicon discontinuing values in many cap series?

Take a look at the electrolytic cap page, looks like they're dropping a number of different cap values in various series, including the KL low-leakage line. The red asterisks and notes on the linked pages indicate that is the case... of course, there will be inventory in distribution for awhile...
  10. jdurbin1

Looking for expert Carver tech - preferably East Coast/Mid-Atlantic area

Friend of mine has a C400 magnetic field effect amp that needs to be repaired, looking for a qualified tech for that in his area. TIA, John
  11. jdurbin1

Sony STR-DA5ES intermittent crackle

Started hearing a brief crackle or snap sound occasionally over the past month or two. At first I attributed it to poor management of the digital sound from whatever channel I was watching (doing decode in the receiver for digital output from a TWC set-top box). The noise was at a high enough...
  12. jdurbin1

L112? Um, no

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/4806614212.html "Excellent shape & sound. Superficial scratches on cabinets. No grills & they have the L20-E tweeter . The tweeters are installed in a way that looks awesome and hasn't added any more holes or mods to the cabinet. Mids are the LE-52 ...
  13. jdurbin1

any secret to Luxman speaker terminals?

Stupid question, but is there some secret to securing speaker wires to these goofy terminals? They rotate back and forth thru maybe a quarter turn quite easily but don't appear to lock, and if I stuff 16 AWG wires into the centers, they connect but there's nothing to hold the wire in place. What...
  14. jdurbin1

Test equipment needed?

Guys, I ran into a few pieces of test gear that many of you might be interested in having... located in Wisconsin. Not my gear, nor do I have any self-interest other than finding good homes with AK members for some of this stuff. Includes a decent working distortion analyzer, AC millivolt...
  15. jdurbin1

Sunny day indeed...

Bought a neat little tube DAC from member sunnyday, and it arrived promptly in perfect partially-working condition - exactly as described! :thmbsp: John
  16. jdurbin1

Classic ADS 2+1 system for $300 in PNW - run!

Bellingham CL: http://bellingham.craigslist.org/ele/4511021775.html Pair of L400 on factory stands, the matching PB1500 powered sub, and C1500 active crossover, for $300. And, they look great in the pics - rare to find the subwoofer in good condition, rarer still to find this whole system...
  17. jdurbin1

Craigslist IQ test - failed!

This fails on so many levels... starting with using a smartphone screen grab of presumably the same model deck as shown for sale on a web site in Ottawa, by a seller in San Diego. Ok, we get it... this is NOT a picture of the deck you're trying to sell, but couldn't you have used the same damn...
  18. jdurbin1

For you consuelo guys in SoCal...

... or Grundig fans: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/4078847457.html $225 seems pretty reasonable for a classy console like that, esp. with Grundig electronics. I don't recognize the TT but someone here will. Looks like the money goes to a good cause also... just...
  19. jdurbin1

why is this listing still up?

ADS L2030, plus other electronics incl. a Thorens TT... SF Bay area, $895. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/4059479470.html If someone hasn't already made the move on these, please do so immediately before I do something my wife will regret. John
  20. jdurbin1

Don Bocadill - highly recommended

Paul and I had a recent transaction and I'm remiss in thanking him for being an excellent and conscientious trading partner. As sometimes occurs when dealing with aging audio gear, there was a minor hiccup with the part but Paul stepped up immediately to resolve the issue even though it...
  21. jdurbin1

Really? 2 large for a pair of L880's?

These things must be stuffed with gold bricks... I was going to say I might be tempted to pay that much to NOT watch/listen to a video of Julio Iglesias, but... no. John...
  22. jdurbin1

need some expert assistance - filter circuit turned oscillator

Looking for some insight on what might cause this. The circuit shown is the filter section from a Tandberg TR 2075 receiver. The receiver works fine otherwise (after mucho TLC) but as soon as I engage High Filter 2, it starts buzzing via the audio path. The whole Mode/Filter board is effectively...
  23. jdurbin1

mrr1 - great seller folks!

I bought a TU-5900 from him and couldn't be more pleased with the transaction or the tuner. Arrived in flawless condition - I literally could not find a mark on it - and it was packed carefully which is always a plus. Worked great right out of the box and will be better still with a little...
  24. jdurbin1

New payment requirements - eBay

Announcement today that as part of their spring update, items on eBay that have been purchased but not paid for yet will continue to be available to other buyers until it is paid for. In other words, if the buyer clicked on Buy it Now or made a Best Offer that the seller accepted, but they...
  25. jdurbin1

nominee for CL listing of the week

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/ele/3644103119.html For posterity: Turntable, Amp, and Cassette Deck - $30 (Carlsbad/Encinitas) AWWWW SHIEEET YOU CLICKED THE RIGHT LINK RIGHT THERE MAN. I'm gonna hook you up. I got this TOTALLY BITCHIN' sony turntable. Now, it aint solid gold...
Back
Top Bottom